Al Harris and Bigby

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or did Harris play bad. They seemed to be picking on him and he was out of position and gave up the throw everytime. He also gave up the 4th and 2 that keep the game going and missed a tackle on Marshell on the Broncos last drive in the 4th to give up 40 extra yards. He also fell down in the endzone and lucky for him the Broncos WR dropped the ball.

Bigby had alot of penaltys that keep drives going atleast 5 by himself he played awful.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was not the secondary's most stellar performance by any means. Harris played the worst game in years and Bigby was just an idiot out there.
It was not one of the better games we have had in terms of pressure either. Other than Kampman getting in there Cutler often had to long to sit back there and we got nobody on him when he chose to move out of the pocket.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother in law has been telling me for years that Al harris isn't nearly as good as people say he is. I've starting paying closer attention to it this year and I have to agree.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason, it did not seem like he was getting jams at the line of scrimmage on a consistant basis. If the WR is running free off the line, Harris will struggle.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer to give credit to the Broncos more than i look down on Al Harris. I mean he's on an island out there. Cutler has a gun and if he is accurate he can complete some balls on anyone. Only real problem i hve with Harris is that he did not Wrap up Marshall on that 40 yarder at the end of the game. Gave him an extra 25 yards or so.

Reaction score
On a play in the second half, I thought I saw Harris playing about 6-7 yards off a WR, and on the opposite side C-Wood was playing bump and run.

Unless it was Bigby I saw covering the WR, something wasn't right last night. It may have been the slippery field that made things tough for Al, but then you'd expect Woodson to be playing off the WR too.

Perhaps we need to give credit to Brandon Marshall, he might be an underrated guy.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Harris and Chuckwood play deep off the line, but then they run in to jam. Harris was just off tonight. He seems to struggle against bigger receivers--Marshall is a 6-4 demon. It's going to be interesting to see how he goes against Terrell Owens next month.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
comeon you guys harris hasnt missd a game since he donned the green and gold, he had one sub-par game and hes playing somewhat injure, i mean denver was supposed to have "the best"cornerback duo and we torched those guys. ill take c woody and al dreadlock harris all day every day

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris had a bad game. Bigby had a series of mental lapses. I even saw MM say to Bigby after the delay of game penalty "what the ---- are you doing??"

Harris is pro bowl quality. Not worried about him. The Field also looked VERY slick, too.

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris had a bad game. Bigby had a series of mental lapses. I even saw MM say to Bigby after the delay of game penalty "what the ---- are you doing??"

Harris is pro bowl quality. Not worried about him. The Field also looked VERY slick, too.

cannot disagree with anything you just said

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:

cannot disagree with anything you just said

Well don't get me wrong hahha. Another 4-5 games of that and Harris will start to worry me.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al is really banged up but toughing it out pretty well. I will still take him as my starter. I guess the thing some are overlooking is the fact many of our sacks are coming off of the QB holding the ball too long....which has everything to do with our secondary taking the WRs away.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Seems to me Woodson or Harris can't both be stellar at the same time. Its one or the other. Neither is getting burned repeatedly, but you can see them chasing the play cuz the WR got past (is it passed or past?) them.

I would agree that Harris had a bad game though, in terms of what we expect from a shutdown corner.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother in law has been telling me for years that Al harris isn't nearly as good as people say he is. I've starting paying closer attention to it this year and I have to agree.

Well, your brother in law is an idiot.

The numbers over the years say that Harris completely takes out the opposing #1 repeatedly. Not occassionally or once in awhile but most every time.

When the top guy on the other team is averaging about 3 or 4 receptions for forty or fifty yards you take that to the bank every time.

He has one to two subpar games a year. I wish he had this game the week before Dallas. TO probably would get shut out.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Harris played well, but if he didn't have good coverage in Denver's pass attempt in the end zone during the final minute (I think if was third down), the game would had been over for us.

If Bigby has another game or two like this one, it might be time to get the rookie in there.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Harris played well, but if he didn't have good coverage in Denver's pass attempt in the end zone during the final minute (I think if was third down), the game would had been over for us.

If Bigby has another game or two like this one, it might be time to get the rookie in there.

Wow, people sure want to give Bigby the quick hook. Leroy Butler said that because it was Bigby's first Monday night game, he was probably overexcited. The same thing happened to Leroy. Atari will be fine.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a friend (a Pack fan) call me from Arizona, he doesn't get to see many Pack games there. But he said if the Pack lost Monday it was "that Bigby" who lost the game. He doesn't have any prior feelings about Bigby one way or the other, but he pointed to that weakness.

We can't afford another game like that one. He better get his act together.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Well, your brother in law is an idiot.

I beg to differ wise ***. An opinion doesn't make up a person.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a friend (a Pack fan) call me from Arizona, he doesn't get to see many Pack games there. But he said if the Pack lost Monday it was "that Bigby" who lost the game. He doesn't have any prior feelings about Bigby one way or the other, but he pointed to that weakness.

We can't afford another game like that one. He better get his act together.

It was one bad game. He's had a hell of a year.

Members online

Latest posts