Aj hawk

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw him on the sideline but now that I think of it I don't remember seeing him on the field.

OP
OP
Y

Yeti

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. He had no tack;es and doesn't appear in the boxscore. I was reflecting on the game and thought....huh...never heard his name.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is crazy that this guy is in complete free fall from the depth chart. i am curious to see if he will be on the team next year...

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is crazy that this guy is in complete free fall from the depth chart. i am curious to see if he will be on the team next year...
Hopefully not ours.

I have a theory, when somebody is the consensus safest pick in the draft, don't take that player they will suck.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LB's with time were Matthews Barnett Jones and Chillar. I think Zombo was fun to watch too, gotta love the sack he had. Hawk may be a great ST player for the year but it kills to have a mostly ST player with his salary. His talents could be better exploited on another team, I think GB has a great group of LB's, with the addition of one or two more it could be terrifying.

I think Barnett played his best game in a while that I have seen today also...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully not ours.

I have a theory, when somebody is the consensus safest pick in the draft, don't take that player they will suck.

Pretty much have to go to the end of the 1st round of that year before you find someone worth taking in the first round.

I know someone will point out Vernon Davis, but if anyone remembers his first couple years were terrible and he was unmotivated until he got called out by his coach. Not sure if he would have made it in the NFL if he had a landed with a different team.

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much have to go to the end of the 1st round of that year before you find someone worth taking in the first round.

I know someone will point out Vernon Davis, but if anyone remembers his first couple years were terrible and he was unmotivated until he got called out by his coach. Not sure if he would have made it in the NFL if he had a landed with a different team.

Yea VD was heading his way down bust row until Singletary worked his magic, but I'm glad we didn't take him because we probably wouldn't have taken Finely.

Imagine Ngata on our line, o well hindsight is 20/10 though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea VD was heading his way down bust row until Singletary worked his magic, but I'm glad we didn't take him because we probably wouldn't have taken Finely.

Imagine Ngata on our line, o well hindsight is 20/10 though.

I would have picked Jones Drew if I could go back and pick. Otherwise Mangold.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A.J. Hawk only plays on base and ST. We didn't play base, so he didn't play any D. Only ST.
What do you mean by "base?"

He wont be on the roster next season with his slated salary
Why not?

Yah we were in the 2-4-5 pretty much the entire day.
The 2-4-5?

What does it mean "free fall from the depth chart?"

Sorry that I'm a bit daft.
When it comes to football I'm more of a cheerleader or watcher than a coach if you catch my drift.

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why not?

The 2-4-5?

When it comes to football I'm more of a cheerleader or watcher than a coach if you catch my drift.
If I'm not mistaken Hawk is scheduled to make 11 Mill next year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why not?

The 2-4-5?

Were not paying him $10 mil to pay Special teams.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't understand how a guy who was one of the fastest on the team his first year now looks slow. What happened to Hawk??

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just the other day i saw mcCarthy talking about AJ and how great he has been practicing. I think he may have been under the weather or simply the scheme for vick didnt include him. Might be jumping the gun a lil here guys.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stopped using PEDs?

Doubt it. Last year when we played the Browns, they showed a clip of Hawk tackling Brady Quinn in the 2006 Fiesta Bowl and he looked tiny compared to now. His size was listed as 6'1" 246 in college, and 247 now as a Packer, which is hard to believe. Maybe he wears bigger pads now, but I wonder if all the work in the weight room has taken away his speed?

Members online

Latest posts