Aj Hawk: To pay cut or not to pay cut?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
The late season Barnett deserved Pro Bowl honors. We need someone besides him. Not someone to replace him.

The early Barnett, that was beaten by Shiancoe in an in route in the end zone, that one was a liability. But the one that blitzed the hell out of Hasselback, and consistantly sniffed screens, that one can be a pro bowler.

No doubt....totally agree. I am just saying....that if you want a good laugh everyday, follow Nick Barnett on Twitter. His attempts at spelling are hilarious. :crazy:

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

The NY Giants are looking for a middle LB, they just released Antonio Pierce who was put on IR on Nov. 30 with a bulging disk in his neck.

I can smell at trade here, Hawk will make over 10 million in 2011, this year is the year if we want to trade him we can get it done, we will have to pay him in 2011 or cut him.

I can see keeping Hawk if his contract was reasonable long term (5 million), thus worth keeping him on the team this year hoping he catches on to the 3-4 system. Since he has no long term out look, why pay him to learn to just be released the following year. Even if he improves and justifies he is worth 5 million, is TT going to pay him twice as much?

Trade/Trade/Trade
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The NY Giants are looking for a middle LB, they just released Antonio Pierce who was put on IR on Nov. 30 with a bulging disk in his neck.

I can smell at trade here, Hawk will make over 10 million in 2011, this year is the year if we want to trade him we can get it done, we will have to pay him in 2011 or cut him.

I can see keeping Hawk if his contract was reasonable long term (5 million), thus worth keeping him on the team this year hoping he catches on to the 3-4 system. Since he has no long term out look, why pay him to learn to just be released the following year. Even if he improves and justifies he is worth 5 million, is TT going to pay him twice as much?

Trade/Trade/Trade
I believe his contract can only reach that sum if he can obtain all escalators. Not likely to happen...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe his contract can only reach that sum if he can obtain all escalators. Not likely to happen...

Most of the escalators have already been reached, unless he does not take a snap this year he will get that money.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Trade/Trade/Trade

This is one of many teams that could use AJ. But finding the one that can offer us a quality o-lineman or d-back might be more of a challenge. I think the Packers have given AJ the dreaded "vote of confidence" which means as soon as they can strike the right deal, AJ will be in a different uni next year.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one of many teams that could use AJ. But finding the one that can offer us a quality o-lineman or d-back might be more of a challenge. I think the Packers have given AJ the dreaded "vote of confidence" which means as soon as they can strike the right deal, AJ will be in a different uni next year.

I agree with you a 100%, most people are viewing the statement made by Hawk's agent as a sign the Packers are going to pay and play him next year, but I think TT is playing a cool poker hand with the media.

IMO Hawk is not worth 5 million this year and 10 million in 2011. Another team will get him and negotiate a new contract if he is traded this year 2010.

I just can't see TT paying Hawk 5 million this year and giving up his trade value = 3rd or 4th round pick or player and then letting him walk in 2011 because he is not worth that 10 million contract he has with the Packers.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

I would love to see Stratford, WI native Rich Seubert come to the Pack from the Giants. Great O-Lineman.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a guy from NY i have just one thing to say, all your ideas are absolutely ludicrous. The giants aren't a dumb organization anzd neither are their fans. They have 5 pro bowl caliber lineman and pigs will fly before any of them are traded for "A.verage J.oe Hawk." Many teams apparently know that hawk is sliding in value year by year and it would take a GM like Al davis to be suckered in for Hawk.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Being a guy from NY i have just one thing to say, all your ideas are absolutely ludicrous. The giants aren't a dumb organization anzd neither are their fans. They have 5 pro bowl caliber lineman and pigs will fly before any of them are traded for "A.verage J.oe Hawk." Many teams apparently know that hawk is sliding in value year by year and it would take a GM like Al davis to be suckered in for Hawk.
How plausible is Ahmad Bradshaw? I was aware that they aren't going to break their line up, but they're stacked at RB.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How plausible is Ahmad Bradshaw? I was aware that they aren't going to break their line up, but they're stacked at RB.

They aren't stacked at RB anymore. Their 3 RB's are jacobs, bradshaw and danny ware. Jacobs had a disappointing season and bradshaw played pretty well however the team didn't give him enough reps. Danny ware gets criticized by giants fans the same way we criticize jarret bush. Their true depth at this position was last year when they also had derrick ward. Unfortunately the giants r actually starting to recognize the consequences of letting him go. Consequences in terms of depth that we packers fans may experience by letting go of a solid player like hawk

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

I understand this.....what I was saying was merely something I would love to see happen. I like Seubert. Good Wisconsin boy. I was just saying I'd love to see him as a Packer. I know it won't happen though.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see hawk traded for a late round pick and a starting safety of some caliber. Not saying a pro bowl guy, but someone who can help us and put atari on the bench so he can be a steady backup guy who can play like a starter if needed. Plus he won't be as hurt all the time.

I would really like Roman Harper. I have loved his game for a while now and he seems to make some pretty big plays. Something tells me the Saints aren't going to break up the Super Bowl Team that compeltely. Or possibly get Antoine Bethea, I believe he is a RFA, that would be nice.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I would like to see hawk traded for a late round pick and a starting safety of some caliber. Not saying a pro bowl guy, but someone who can help us and put atari on the bench so he can be a steady backup guy who can play like a starter if needed. Plus he won't be as hurt all the time.

I would really like Roman Harper. I have loved his game for a while now and he seems to make some pretty big plays. Something tells me the Saints aren't going to break up the Super Bowl Team that compeltely. Or possibly get Antoine Bethea, I believe he is a RFA, that would be nice.

Agreed. IMO Bigby is definitely our weakest link at a starting position on defense. He does make some nice hits from time to time, but he is a HUGE liability in coverage. He needs to be replaced.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I hope they don't replace Bigby with Taylor Mays, as i've seen Kiper saying we will.

Bigby is Taylor Mays. They're the same player.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they don't replace Bigby with Taylor Mays, as i've seen Kiper saying we will.

Bigby is Taylor Mays. They're the same player.

Completely agree. I don't think TT is blind enough not to see this. I think it's a good chance that we won't be getting Mays since he wasn't even coveted by any packers scouts in the senior bowl.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
He'll most likely get a low tender or since he's a RFA he won't get much of a raise. The pack will likely draft a safety and Bigby remains as a primary backup. Not really a bad situation.

Not at all. I would be thrilled if that happened. That would be a great update for our defensive backfield. Bigby would work really well in the nickle and dime packages.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts