1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AJ Hawk Fined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerLegend, Sep 1, 2006.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dont Worry He Isnt Naked In The Stairway With Any Ladies.

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers rookie LB A.J. Hawk was fined $5,000 by the league for "impermissible use of the helmet" during the Atlanta game Aug. 19. Hawk collided head-to-head with Atlanta Falcons AB D.J. Shockley as he came up the middle on a blitz. Though his intent might not have been to hit Shockley with his helmet, he appeared to leap as he attempted to sack the quarterback.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah, he mollywhopped that sum-b!tch!

3. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That is so f'n stupid.

4. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Go AJ!

Not that I want to see QBs hurt by Hawk or anyone else, but I think that kind of enthusiasm and determination may be the right attitude that puts him over the top as a quality leader on this defense.

I hope it(the fine) doesn't make him gunshy...

5. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Knowing AJ he will probably laugh it off and go after the QB like always. Nine and a half sacks his senior year at OSU..hopefully he can translate that to the NFL.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Do it again. :)

jk dont want no one hurt

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Geez.....every year it seems they do more and more to protect the QB's. Pretty soon they will fine you if you just TOUCH a QB!
    I can see it now........"Rex Grossman was injured today when Packer linebacker AJ Hawk went "BOO!" to him after Grossman threw up a lame duck pass to prevent from being sacked. Grossman ran to the referee, crying, and said "Mr. Hawk SCARED me!!!" The ref threw a flag and called Hawk for a personal foul. Hawk has been suspended for a game without pay and fined 15 grand." :roll:

8. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember being surprised they didn't throw a flag and make a bigger deal at the time. When I played they taught you to hit like that, but it was a clear (current) rules violation.

If the roles were reversed and it was someone taking the shot a Favre I'm sure I would be reading scathing remarks about such player.

Thinking about it, I do remember them throwing the flag. It was a good call and a fair fine. Not a Big deal in the larger scope of things -- at least he was showing some aggressiveness, something that was sadly missing in the SD and Cinnci tilts.

9. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was more or less POed that NFL Netowork didn't show a replay of the hit during the game after it was called.

10. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it was a helmet to helmet hit, but whatever. It's a 5,000 dollar fine to a guy making millions. I don't think it'll hurt his wallet at all.

11. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hopefully he wont keep making mistakes, its nice to see his hitting hard, but lets not cause an injury.

12. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just happy AJ managed to make it somewhere near the QB.

13. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Gosh some of these new rules suck, yes we dont want players hurt, but football is suppose to be a very physical game, its becoming a girls game. No pun intended, maybe we should play flag football..LOL..

I love that AJ if agressive, maybe some of our other players could learn from him.

14. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    i read about that,hopefuly a.j. will be care of that our bring a big bubble for the q.b. so he'll bounce off and not hurt him,at least we know a.j. can hit :D

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    What??

16. mineral723

mineral723 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys...
    You know if Brett Favre got hit with a helmet, you'd be screaming and crying about it.
    AJ Hawk does it and it's a travesty that he's fined? Give me a break...

17. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Why are you obsessed with Brett Favre?

18. mineral723

mineral723 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not, silly. You guys are.

19. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did Thomas Davis get fined when he ended T-Murphys career buy superman leaping at him with his helmet. That was blatant spearing.

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    What's your point?

Hit was helmet to helmet. It's fineable. He was fined. Big deal.

Brett wasn't helmet to helmet hit. So get over it.

21. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bring back the old leather helmets and NO face guards. Then lets see them use the helmet as a weapon. :twisted:

22. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Idefinitly think we need someone with an atttitude and I hope Hawk is that guy on defense.

23. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Don't get me wrong.....i'm NOT for blatant attempts to injure a QB. The one play this preseason (dang, i can't remember which game) where one of the Packers tackled the opposing QB in the endzone as he threw the ball. There was offensive holding in the endzone, which SHOULD have been an automatic safety. But the ref flagged the Packer player for "driving the QB into the turf." On replay, it was SO obvious the Packer player did NOT even LAND on the QB, and did NOT drive him into the turf. The ref was RIGHT THERE. How he could make such a lousy call is beyond me. I HAVE seen Favre smacked around and no foul called. Seen it LOTS of times, LOTS worse then what was flagged.
    The NFL gets more and more rule pushing each year. Why don't they just dress all QB's in red jerseys, and make it a foul if you touch them?
    To me it just seems like overkill. The clothesline that Ferguson got a few years ago, the guy that did that should have been kicked out of football permanently. THAT is the kind of thing that should be cracked down on. Where players blatently go for a hit that you can see was deliberate to injure.

24. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You have to go over to Bang Cartoons and watch "The Butterfly Effect." A butterfly breaks Grossman's leg. It is halarious.
    http://www.bangcartoon.com/cartoons/ind ... 05/page/17

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow! That was too much like my Hawk comment! I like how they showed the Minesotta Vikings in there too.........oh wait........that was just a pile of crap!LOLOLOL!!! :lol: