AJ Hawk .... Finally, some love for the guy

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He still can't cover a back or TE to save his life. There are some things he does well but that glaring weakness is exposed all too often.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He still can't cover a back or TE to save his life. There are some things he does well but that glaring weakness is exposed all too often.
There are very, very few players who do everything at their positions well.

12theTruth

And we are going against an All-Pro in Vernon Davis in Week 1. Something tells me San Fran will try to scheme towards matchups with our inside backers on Davis as much as they can- especially Hawk.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are very, very few players who do everything at their positions well.
Its about minimizing the damage and he tends to show up after the damage is done when it comes to coverage. Rushing Clay every pass play puts a lot of pressure on Hawk. I wish DC would mix it up back there a little bit to keep teams off balance. Clay has the speed to close those routes off where Hawk is a few steps behind.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think more Clay if coverage is a good thing. He has the speed and size. Nick Perry and Datone Jones along with a new Johnny Jolly can fill in the void left by not sending Clay on a blitz.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think more Clay if coverage is a good thing. He has the speed and size. Nick Perry and Datone Jones along with a new Johnny Jolly can fill in the void left by not sending Clay on a blitz.
Let us see if any of the three can truly get home. I suspect Jolly will get his hand in there on a few 3rd downs this year that will kill drives. AJ needs to be your run look, while Jones needs to cover.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts