1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AJ Hawk Contract Poll

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by tromadz, May 22, 2006.

?

Will Hawk and Green Bay have trouble agreeing to terms on Hawks Contract?

1. No. AJ is not that kind of guy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. They call him Tightwad Ted for a reason.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Reggie Bush is already making noise about wanting some large numbers in his contract, and a #5 overall pick will probably not be very cheap.

Reggie Bush article on ESPN

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Trom, I think your poll is flawed. AJ might not be that type of guy, but unfortunatly his agent might be. In the end, its all about the advice the agents give these kids, and tell them not to settle for a penny less, even if the players want to go out and play for what they believe to be a great offer.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,949
    I do not THINK he will cause a problem..

I have a "feeling" that the Packers front office spent their cap wisely knowing they had the #5 pick and was going to need a somewhat nice chunk of that to sign that pick..

Lot of times I have seen teams go by the previous years draft picks to get a gauge of where to start out..

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/new ... 1583.shtml

Hawk’s contract will come close to or perhaps surpass the deal signed by last year’s fifth overall pick, running back Carnell “Cadillacâ€

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You know......not all contract problems are because the GM is a "tightwad" in your view. Sometimes it's because the player is a BUTT HOLE.

5. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Reggie Bush is making noise because he believes he should have been the #1 pick in the draft, and was quoted saying "I am the best player in the NCAA... I deserve the most money."

Between his inflated ego and insisting the NFL change the league rules to allow him to wear #5, they guy is quickly on his way to following in T.O.'s footsteps to becoming a World Class Turd. I just hope he is able to live up to the hype because with his attitude, he may quickly find himself out of a job if he crashes and burns.

As such, I would not expect Hawk to carry on in the same manner. He seems a lot more humble than Bush.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    everything i do is flawed.

7. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, I've been told numerous times that all I'm good at doing is disappointing.....

8. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    :-?

Woah, I just meant that I thought it should focus more on AJ's agent because often a time an agent will poison a players mind by making him believe he is worth more money.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    AADP, check your PM

10. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have any new PM's. :-?

11. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    everybody check your PM's.

12. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I voted that it will be a problem, only because he is a top 5 pick. I know Williams already is signed, but most feel his deal was undervalued for a # 1 overall pick with the cap going up as much as it did this year. Because of that, I expect none of the remaining top 5 agents want to sign 1st especially if they do not perceive they are getting fair value-excluding the Williams deal.

Once the 1st domino falls, the others will quickly follow.

Hopefully Hawk will be the 1st and just want to get in, but it is hard to tell.