AJ Hawk,,,,,11 Million dollar man,,and then some.....

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
...and to think some feel bad for AJ only pullin in 11 mill... le sigh.....

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can pay him as much as they want as long as the cap hit isn't huge. 4.5 is '11 seems great to me.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are paying him that for his ability to read the offense and command the defense, not just skill set. Good for AJ, good for the Pack.
Haynesworth has no brain, he is just a big ogre with some skills. He is grossly overpaid.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very glad Hawk will be lining up with the Packer D. Don't know if Jenkins will return, but I have a feeling Barnett will be back, which will provide depth. C.J. Wilson can be a good player if he can stay healthy. Same for Mike Neal.

Go Pack!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That is a little richer than I expected. The way the contract is structured it looks to me like he's locked in through 2013 and then its cap friendly to release him if need be.

I think Jenkins was gone (almost) no matter what. From reports the Packers haven't been talking to his agent and they didn't tag him - unlike Pickett for example. I would be surprised if they keep Barnett for two reasons: 1) I don't think he'd be a happy camper as a backup (imagine the tweets) and 2) they have A LOT of money allocated to ILB. Chillar may be vulnerable too depending upon competition in camp. But hey, I've been surprised before.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ has always been solid. Great tackling and even a few picks. But the best are his eyes and then communicating with the team what they see.

Members online

Latest posts