air Favre

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
the 2 to one TD to INT ratio that he owns.. none of that speaks HOF

Don't think I'm trolling you (as in fact I agree McNabb has a lot more to do to prove HOF worth) but just so we're on board: a 2:1 TD ratio is FANTASTIC.

The only HOF QBs with 2:1 TD to INT ratios are Montana (by a tiny margin) and Young (who was the most proficient QB ever in terms of QB rating, TD/INt ratio). Peyton Manning is on his way as well.

But other HOF QBs... like Elway, Marino, Aikman and even going way back to Otto Graham and Johnny Unitas... not even close to 2:1 ratio.

And Favre won't be close either.

I agree that it is a good number.. hard to obtain no doubt but not worthy of carrying him to the hall of fame.. Jeff Garcia is like a 1.9 to 1 ratio.. is he a HOF QB?

Again he is a good QB.. one of the best in the league when healthy.. but he isn't an all-time elite player... pro-bowl QB at times in his career.. but so was Tony Romo.. Mike Vick.. and the list goes on...

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:
Pack93z said:

Don't think I'm trolling you (as in fact I agree McNabb has a lot more to do to prove HOF worth) but just so we're on board: a 2:1 TD ratio is FANTASTIC.

The only HOF QBs with 2:1 TD to INT ratios are Montana (by a tiny margin) and Young (who was the most proficient QB ever in terms of QB rating, TD/INt ratio). Peyton Manning is on his way as well.

But other HOF QBs... like Elway, Marino, Aikman and even going way back to Otto Graham and Johnny Unitas... not even close to 2:1 ratio.

I agree that it is a good number.. hard to obtain no doubt but not worthy of carrying him to the hall of fame.. Jeff Garcia is like a 1.9 to 1 ratio.. is he a HOF QB?

Again he is a good QB.. one of the best in the league when healthy.. but he isn't an all-time elite player... pro-bowl QB at times in his career.. but so was Tony Romo.. Mike Vick.. and the list goes on...
Hard to obtain, yes. Worthy alone of Hall of Fame induction? No. Jeff Garcia? No.

Like I said McNabb has a lot more to prove to be a HOF career, but if he stays healthy and plays at a high level for another 5 years he'll be close to 300 TDs, close to 40,000 yards, with probably a total of about 40 rushing TDs and he will have played 13 seasons in the NFL. IF he does that then he has a good case to be made.

The whole point of my post was showing that 2:1 TD/INT ratio is elite... for a TD/INT ratio. That's all. :)

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
evad04 said:
Pack93z said:

Hard to obtain, yes. Worthy alone of Hall of Fame induction? No. Jeff Garcia? No.

Like I said McNabb has a lot more to prove to be a HOF career, but if he stays healthy and plays at a high level for another 5 years he'll be close to 300 TDs, close to 40,000 yards, with probably a total of about 40 rushing TDs and he will have played 13 seasons in the NFL. IF he does that then he has a good case to be made.

The whole point of my post was showing that 2:1 TD/INT ratio is elite... for a TD/INT ratio. That's all. :)

I agree.. sorry if it sounded over the top.. my point is other players have similar numbers.. case closed... good debate though.. I enjoyed that more than the typical Sherman screwed us... Ted is killing us type debate.

Enjoy the rest of the day Evad..

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^ Heh, I agree, good debate.

Enjoy your day as well, fine sir.

P.S. Sherman screwed us, and T.T. is ruining us ;)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:

I agree.. sorry if it sounded over the top.. my point is other players have similar numbers.. case closed... good debate though.. I enjoyed that more than the typical Sherman screwed us... Ted is killing us type debate.

Enjoy the rest of the day Evad..

Not to beat a dead horse, but you gotta take all those NFC Championship games into account, and the fact that he's always thrown to the likes of Fred-Ex, half a year of TO, and nobody else.

He's played really well, and if he stays healthy, I think it'll only take him two years in that offense to be pushing for a HOF career. Cause one or two more seasons like that and you can bet on the Iggles making a SB.

But still, I can't stand the Eagles, and hope we win.

PS evad, I think we could all learn from a poster who's as courteous as you- hope you keep posting around here! :)

Pack93z

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Not to beat a dead horse, but you gotta take all those NFC Championship games into account, and the fact that he's always thrown to the likes of Fred-Ex, half a year of TO, and nobody else.

He's played really well, and if he stays healthy, I think it'll only take him two years in that offense to be pushing for a HOF career. Cause one or two more seasons like that and you can bet on the Iggles making a SB.

But still, I can't stand the Eagles, and hope we win.

PS evad, I think we could all learn from a poster who's as courteous as you- hope you keep posting around here! :)

I feel beaten :) ..... just kidding... I agree that he hasn't always had the best WR like another QB that we know.. but I just don't see the HOF.

If the Eagles win one with him... maybe.. but I think those NFC championship games and the Superbowl are marks against him at this point.

However he does get the hurling trophy though :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
On the flip side Brett has had Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl receiver to throw to consistently through his career and they made the PB even with Brett as QB.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if Brett does not throw any ints and the d plays well we should win the game, its as simple as that.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i predict #4 throws at least 50 passes on Sunday. Right now it looks like driver may play a very limited amount, morency probably will not play, and the way the running game looked so weak in pre-season, the Packers will have to rely on Brett's arm to win the game.

Brandon Jackson , Wynn , Grant arer the Packers RB for Sunday.

I think Driver will be ready to go and play the whole game. Press Gazette seems to think so too.

Morency doesn't look good and even if he does play, I think it's going to be a very small role for Week 1.

I think Favre will throw 35 to 45 passes. Depends on how good our Defense is because if we can keep the game close then we can try and establish a running game. If we're down then McCarthy often calls to many passing plays.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
i predict #4 throws at least 50 passes on Sunday. Right now it looks like driver may play a very limited amount, morency probably will not play, and the way the running game looked so weak in pre-season, the Packers will have to rely on Brett's arm to win the game.

Brandon Jackson , Wynn , Grant arer the Packers RB for Sunday.

I think Driver will be ready to go and play the whole game. Press Gazette seems to think so too.

Morency doesn't look good and even if he does play, I think it's going to be a very small role for Week 1.

I think Favre will throw 35 to 45 passes. Depends on how good our Defense is because if we can keep the game close then we can try and establish a running game. If we're down then McCarthy often calls to many passing plays.

Channel 12 in milwaukee had DD on TV last night. DD was asked if the game were tonight, could you go?
DD said straight up no, but the game is Sunday, not today. Hopefully the addition of cutting blocks and more advanced running schemes will allow us to rush for at least 70-80 yrds, and a win will not fall on Brett.
I am sticking to perdiction of 50 passes for #4

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
umair said:
if Brett does not throw any ints and the d plays well we should win the game, its as simple as that.

I agree.

If you can not run the ball, and the defense knows you can not run, then what happens?

GB will not be one dimensional. Will they be pass heavy? Probably. Is there a difference? Yeah.

There will be production from the running game, despite what the 'sky is falling' crowd thinks.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
tromadz said:
umair said:

I agree.

If you can not run the ball, and the defense knows you can not run, then what happens?

GB will not be one dimensional. Will they be pass heavy? Probably. Is there a difference? Yeah.

There will be production from the running game, despite what the 'sky is falling' crowd thinks.

Listen, I know you are young from the way you post, I know you are not from WI from the way you post. You are to young to know about the Pack b/f ron wolf, brett favre, and holmgren.

back in the day when Bart Starr was a coach, the pack was famous for three and out. Run, run, pass , punt, that was the game plan. plenty of people complained. neighborhood bars were filled on Sun. food in the bar was free, the pack stunk, but we all had fun yelling at the tv set.

things do not change, its just the way it is. i don't have to wait till the mid.-season to see a problem in the running attack

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
I find it HILARIOUS some members of this board were calling for Rodgers to start over favre, but here we are talking about how a victory relies on #4!

When will you understand this is a forum? There is not one theme, there is not one ideal, there is not one mentality, there is not one right answer, there are MANY! That is part of the beauty of a forum. Many different opinions, suggestions and thoughts shared amongst the rest of the FREE registering users.

Some may believe one thing about Rodgers and some may believe the future rests on Favre. It does not mean BOTH are saying the same thing.

I urge you to use each poster as its own person, not each poster contributes to the entire forum mentality. It's making you look down right silly.

you and other members should follow your own advice pal!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are to young to know about the Pack

Anyone else enjoy that as much as me? Shouldn't an adult know basic grammar? Shouldn't those mistakes be made by a young'n like me. Or how about this one:

MO maybe hurt and not play. Who gets Mo's carries?

I'm sure you meant 'may 'be'

If you don't agree with my thoughts on the team, how things are going,etc, ok. But bringing up age does what for you? I'm 23 years old. I'm sure you're older than me, but by looking at your posts, definitely not wiser.

Oh, and as far as knowing about bart starr and being too young to know, there's this thing called the 'internet' where you can read up on such historic people and eras, as well as videos where you can view old games.

i don't have to wait till the mid.-season to see a problem in the running attack

How about waiting ONE regular season game then. Oh wait, you're judging it on preseason with the vanilla playcalling and no cut blocking. That's 'logical.'

Reaction score
To be honest, I think dh is taking more abuse than necessary, mostly because fans are just eager for the games to begin, and don't want to judge TT/MM right now, because quite honestly it isn't of any use to do so.

The main thing that I find comfort in is that last year, we were able go toe to toe with the Eagles for 30 minutes. We are clearly a better team this year, both from a talent and chemistry stand point. If we were still in the game at halftime with last years team, then you have got to believe this team can be competitive as long as it doesn't make killer mistakes.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Anyone else enjoy that as much as me? Shouldn't an adult know basic grammar? Shouldn't those mistakes be made by a young'n like me. Or how about this one:

If you don't agree with my thoughts on the team, how things are going,etc, ok. But bringing up age does what for you? I'm 23 years old. I'm sure you're older than me, but by looking at your posts, definitely not wiser.

Oh, and as far as knowing about bart starr and being too young to know, there's this thing called the 'internet' where you can read up on such historic people and eras, as well as videos where you can view old games.

i don't have to wait till the mid.-season to see a problem in the running attack

How about waiting ONE regular season game then. Oh wait, you're judging it on preseason with the vanilla playcalling and no cut blocking. That's 'logical.'

why do you rip on grammer and spelling, then when i call you the forum spelling champ you are confused. when people point out things about your posts, you try and say, I'm smarter than you b/c I have better grammer, and I can spell better. To me to say, I have more sports knowledge than someone else, because I can correct their spelling errors, on a sports forum is silly.

My point is, just b/c i bark about the players , and off-season decisions by the GM, doesn't mean i don't like GB, and should leave. I was trying to point out how people in WI, b/f wolf came along, complained about the packers all the time. if you were so bright , you might see that, but it went over your head. you were to busy showing me how smart you are by commenting on my spelling & grammer. Its your way to deflect the real topic of the discussion.

nice defense mechanisim!

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
To be honest, I think dh is taking more abuse than necessary, mostly because fans are just eager for the games to begin, and don't want to judge TT/MM right now, because quite honestly it isn't of any use to do so.

The main thing that I find comfort in is that last year, we were able go toe to toe with the Eagles for 30 minutes. We are clearly a better team this year, both from a talent and chemistry stand point. If we were still in the game at halftime with last years team, then you have got to believe this team can be competitive as long as it doesn't make killer mistakes.

you just have a young, very clique orientated , group here. they have been around for all the winning of the '90's. I am from another generation, when the Pack stunk, and we all hung out at the local tavern, and yelled at the packers every sunday.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:

why do you rip on grammer and spelling

nice defense mechanisim!

Why do you bring up age?

nice defense mechanism!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going back to the original topic somewhat, we can win this game without a running attack. A balanced offense can go to one if the other fails. Thus, if we are having problems running, then pass.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the pass opening up the run. If our passing attack is successful early, it will open up the running game because they won't be able to keep people up.

So my thoughts are if the passing attack is successful early and the D holds, we can win this game.

Members online

Latest posts