Aikman Thinks Favre Will Come Back

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hioBeqbtkwRgQ3Dnop75TePGaLyQ

Just one man's opinion. I guess he would know more than any of us.

Personally, I still think it will be really hard for Favre when August comes. Though I believe he stays retired unless Rodgers goes down or something in training camp. He said it himself he might regret his decision to retire. Guys like Favre, Jordan, Gretzky, etc. just can't get enough of that rush. Gretzky only retierd because of his back or otherwise he would have gone on for years more. Jordan, well we all know about his decision in Washington and how that turned out.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Favre will come back because he will not be training and staying in football shape.

Plus I think he will enjoy being a loner on his property too much.

He's gone everyone.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some guy for the packer report think his name was kirth,korth or something. He didn't bat an eye when asked if Favre would stay retired. He said he'll be back cause his body is still able.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I strongly think he won't play in '08.
But as Vikesrule likes to point out, I was wrong about this year. I thought fo shizzle he'd be back.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in the press conference Brett "asked" that question of himself, and I totally picked up on the fact that he never answered it.

Always looking for a loophole!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is done playing football. He can still play, he just doesn't want to. Look, the guy has flirted with retirement for something like seven years. He's been thinking about this for a long time. I am surprised this was his choice, but it was his choice. All this talk of him changing is mind is silly. It's not going to happen.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favres not going to be back... He couldnt be here forever and he isnt coming back its time to move on......

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But as Vikesrule likes to point out, I was wrong about this year. I thought fo shizzle he'd be back.

Geez ZS, you made me feel bad about making you feel bad, so I changed the sig. back to the "Fat Chicks" :thumbsup:

As to Favre, I don't think he'll be back
But I do believe that he will have some serious misgivings or second thoughts, especially in a few months. And that would only be natural.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that he HAS flirted with retirement for so long makes this past year all the more incredible/enjoyable/memorable. Dude still gave it his all, even with the thought of "do I still want to go through this BS every year" in his mind.
Be thankful that you had a chance to witness his greatness. I refuse to weigh in on the "where does he rank" stuff. He was one of a kind, maybe not the best, but he was our freakin' QB for 16 years. And, he was a member of the family that is The 12-Time World Champion Green Bay Freaking Packers. That really means something to me...more than anything else.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

Geez ZS, you made me feel bad about making you feel bad, so I changed the sig. back to the "Fat Chicks" :thumbsup:

As to Favre, I don't think he'll be back
But I do believe that he will have some serious misgivings or second thoughts, especially in a few months. And that would only be natural.

Nah, don't feel bad. It was just a touchy moment.

However, I love your current sig.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think he will EVER come back..

He will 2nd guess himself when he hears reports of the 1st mini camp

He will REALLY 2nd guess himself when training camp is days away

He will pull his hair out when 1st press season game starts..

He will go hunting 1st regular season game..

But I dont think he will ever be back

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Impossible as it is. I try to put myself in Brett's shoes.
I think his thought process would be somewhat as follows...
Dang... I want to play, I know I can play. I can, I will commit, I AM up to the challenge. I need my jersey back and want to get on the field! But do they want me? They've moved on. More importantly will I help the team win?

... I think Brett will have his share of hard feelings and thoughts, it's expected. He's been playing football for nearly three decades if not more. It's all he knows, as he said. He's going to miss it, but ultimately he knows this is the best decision for him and the Green Bay Packers. The reason I say it's the best thing for the Packers is because he retired. If he would have simply played this year, that would be best. But he retired because he is tired and essentially emotionally spent and I think the team would be take a hit if he changed his mind and returned.
It could also go the other way. The team could get a fire under their butt, a fire of excitement!

Back to the topic though, I think Brett feels it would be selfish for him to ask to come back and that will be enough to keep him sidelined.

Members online

Latest posts