Aikman on Favre

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Great example of 'packer fans' guys, really good...

i'm glad we still have faith in our team

i think it's programmed in some people's DNA to give up when they see the least bit of trouble ahead. hell, some people don't even need to see trouble, it looks like uncertainty is good enough.

shame, shame, shame.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In column by Dylan B. Tomlinson entitled "Favre can leave on his own terms" which appeared om packersnews.com and on sport page of The Green Bay Press-Gazette on Friday December 30, 2005 and at the same time on packerforum.com. "

"Brett Farve said, he sought retirement advice from Marino and Aikman. Brett said: Ihave talked with Dan some (tuesday), Troy (Aikman) and some other guys" farve said. "I don't think I've gotten my answer that I need, because everybody's situation been different." While Young, Aikman Montana and Elway had injuries factor into their decision to retire,.................."

"What likely will be the determining factors in whether Favre returns is if he's capable of playing at a high level. While that may not appear to be the case this season ('05), the overwhelming feeling of his coaches and his teamates is that he can still play. Donald Driver said :" He's the same old Brett."(end of quotes from article)

In Mike Vandermause Commentary which appeared in packersnews.com premium and GB Press-Gazette, on Saturday February 19, 2006 entitled "Harlan: I believe Favre will play in '06." I also agree with the Packer President's Bob Harlan's opinion concerning the possibility of Favre coming back this year.

Especially after I recieived some information today from a source which might confirm what I believed all a long. Brett will, indeed ,be back this year. I only hope the information is accurate, . It is is a very unusual source to get this information from.. But as you know Green Bay is the smallest city in the Major Leagues. Here in Green Bay, one just never knows where you are going to pick information concerning The Packers. Any many times it is quite accurate. We will see if it is about March 1st.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said.....Great example of 'packer fans' guys, really good...
i'm glad we still have faith in our team

yeh seriously come on guys one bad year and your like were screwed this guys sucks lets be positive look at all the good we got a lot of money, high draft pick, and shermans gone maybe we will have a little more intensity on the field with MM so stop with the damn TT sucks crap lets give him one more year to see how he actually is. hey he pretty much built the seahawks and they made it to the superbowl.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT-romadz said..

"...sad days. but im sure its TTs fault favre is losing it mentally."

Tromadz...this is the first true statement I've heard you utter...

(Favre CAN'T mentally deal with the fact that TT is f**k*** this team up...royally...)

Now walk towards the light....

:puke:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikman was spoiled..??? The Cowboys mortgaged their future???

I don't know..but I seem to remember them winning 3 SB's with Aikman and that mortgaged future...so the joke was on Minnesota!!!

(And people...it's not like Aikman goes around looking for reporters to tell about what he thinks about the Brett Favre situation in GB...They ask him and he gives an "honest" answer....)

and Traxx..that's the whole point...We don't know if Lord TT is "committed to giving a 100% quick turnaround"...He doesn't say what his plans are so why sould we just "trust him"...The whole point is that Favre has been burned by Harlan and Wolf for the past 6 years for having to play under a coaching/GM infrastructure that was basically, "incompetent", and was learning on the job......Well, imo..that's not good enough for the Green Bay Packers...What makes you think this regime will be any different????

Pack some good points, the reason I mentioned Aikman spoiled is because of his comment that he wouldn't play for Green Bay, ala Eli Manning.

Dallas mortgaged their future to win those SB's, that's not a bad thing. But that is why they've sucked since then. Sooner or later you have to pay the pauper for those restructured contracts. The stupid Minnie trade allowed them to get all the stud players, the restructured contracts kept them around Aikman longer.

I would expect Aikman to say it as he sees it. But Brett's situation is still much different than his. Even Aikman got knocked around a couple of years before Dallas got good. And after the SB's they eventually couldn't keep enough good players and down they went. Brett has not had to endure a single losing season until now. We still have a good nucleus to build around, cap room for the first time in years, key injured players coming back, premier draft choices(most teams drafting this high suck), potentially excellant recieving corps(Driver,Walker,Gardner, Murphy, Ferguson,other?), and most of all Brett has his health. Regardless of what Aikman says those concussions were only going to get worse and more frequent with the depleted team around him.

You're right, we don't know what TT plans are, but I believe he has made the right moves based on the situation left him. I don't see anything that proves he is in a rebuilding mode. In fact, I see the opposite. Why would they be talking to Brett if they didn't want him back? If we're rebuilding I'd be playing my young players for experience, take my licks, and get some more high draft choices to build around.

Wolf did leave us in a bad predicament. But I think TT is making the right moves to get us out of it. Drafting the best player is a start. Rodgers was the right pick IMO. MS would not have done that most likely, he would have reached. Murphy was not popular but as it turned out we could have used 3 more like him. Even with nothing immediate from the first picks we had a decent draft. This year should be much better.

Anyway, things should clear up this year as to which way he is going with all the free agent decisions that need to be made.

Members online

Latest posts