Aikman Hating on Packers at Random

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The old MNF team with Cossell, Meredith and Gifford was my favorite. Joe Buck bothers me a lot more than Aikman does. I have a friend in Dallas who says that Cowboy fans think Aikman is very critical of them. I dont like it when they blabber too much, its distracting. Maybe they should just show the game and add the crowd noise for the game like experience. No announcer at all, or better yet get Ron Burgandy to do the game ;)

H

HardRightEdge

First of all, even if Aikman's statement was true at one point it stopped being so with Jennings departure.

Second, SF and SEA do more "illegal" bumping, jostling, hand checking and occasional mauling in the secondary without being called for it. But it's unfashionable to call them on it, so I guess he has to kick some other dog while he's down.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Was that Cosell and not Chris Berman who came up with that?
And what about "Frozen Tundra?" Berman is credited with creating that one but I'm not so sure.
And on the subject of Berman, I think he sounds like he needs a Sucrets™ or cough drop.
His voice is sandpaper. And is it just me or does he seem like a righteous man who gets grumpy who doesn't get his way?

Language is NSFW:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Cosell came up with "he could go all the way" it was Berman's nod to him by redoing it. I believe Berman made up the frozen tundra reference but he did it in the voice of John Facenda who was the voice of NFL films. People sometimes mistakenly credit Facenda.

Reaction score
I liked Madden too.

Let's be honest, some guys you listen to for analysis, and some guys you listen to for entertainment.
And sometimes you listen only because the Packers are playing; and after one too many beers you accidentally push the unmute button to only hear the painful sounds of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Joe buck is not 6'1" tall...... Aikman stands next to him and Joe buck has to look up at him. Buck is most likely about 5'6", basically a woman.
I cant stand Joe buck, he rides aikmans **** on every word that spews out of his packer hating mouth. I think if I ever saw joe buck in person, I would let my 11 year old son beat him up......my kid is bigger than him anyways....lol

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the Niners-Seahawks game when Aikman commented on a pick play in the end zone saying it was an illegal play that many teams run. Then, out of the blue, he spouts off "the Packers run it most often but never get called on it" or some some *****. The guy is a real pillock.

Ya I've noticed Aikman being a real hater a lot. I hate when he covers our games. It's not just perception, his hate is real.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoy watching football games in bars or big parties. I get to just watch and hear pedestrian fans utter nonsense. I prefer that nonsense to "professional" nonsense.

Were you the 350 pound man sitting behind me on Sunday getting peanuts and beer all over his shirt and shrieking "put Tolzien in!" and "Fire McCarthy!" after every incomplete pass and 3rd down non-conversion, respectively?

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be painfully obvious that Troy Aikman is simply burning up with endless hatred and jealousy toward Brett Favre AND the Green Bay Packers. Why? Because Favre was an ironman and Aikman has a glass head. How many concussions did he have? Obviously a couple dozen too many.

Now Joe Buck I don't really mind that much. As somebody else stated he has a great voice for baseball.

He can almost make that infernal game "interesting".

Shockwave

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The old MNF team with Cossell, Meredith and Gifford was my favorite. Joe Buck bothers me a lot more than Aikman does. I have a friend in Dallas who says that Cowboy fans think Aikman is very critical of them. I dont like it when they blabber too much, its distracting. Maybe they should just show the game and add the crowd noise for the game like experience. No announcer at all, or better yet get Ron Burgandy to do the game ;)
MNF did try it with Dennis Miller.
WTF were they thinking?
Oh wait. They weren't. Must have been the week their brains went on vacation.

OP
OP
maxlives

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was that Cosell and not Chris Berman who came up with that?
And what about "Frozen Tundra?" Berman is credited with creating that one but I'm not so sure.
And on the subject of Berman, I think he sounds like he needs a Sucrets™ or cough drop.
His voice is sandpaper. And is it just me or does he seem like a righteous man who gets grumpy who doesn't get his way?

Language is NSFW:

Chris Berman always brings Popeye to mind for some reason????

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Were you the 350 pound man sitting behind me on Sunday getting peanuts and beer all over his shirt and shrieking "put Tolzien in!" and "Fire McCarthy!" after every incomplete pass and 3rd down non-conversion, respectively?
That was just my right leg. And it was Seneca Wallace that I was pining for.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
This team defines bland; devoid of any distinctive or stimulating characteristics; uninteresting; dull.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Really. This has to be ******* *** game of the week.

AIKMAN!!!!!!! AIKMAN!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Troy probably BEGGED the boys at Fox Sports to make it ****** *** game of the week so that he can put on one of those Cowboys Cheerleader outfits ... what a man wears in the privacy of his own announcer's booth on a quiet Sunday afternoon is his prerogative.... I guess... . :)

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
I give props to Aikman and Buck for calling an even keel game. They also demonstrated excellent capability for staying on top of highly questionable officiating.

OP
OP
maxlives

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give props to Aikman and Buck for calling an even keel game. They also demonstrated excellent capability for staying on top of highly questionable officiating.

Begrudgingly agree, they weren't nearly as anti-Green Bay as usual. Still don't care for them.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Begrudgingly agree, they weren't nearly as anti-Green Bay as usual. Still don't care for them.

I don't care for them either, but Buck was funny when he talked about how Aikman and him would call the game in the second half. "We were mulling around in the back thinking about it."

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I agree that they were more balanced yesterday, but I have to believe that it has something to do with the gurls dissapointing Aikman. He commented a few times about how he couldn't believe they were running the ball more in the 2nd half and the tone of his voice was just an incredulous one. If all they did was run on every play, they would have burned enough clock to coast to victory, with their huge halftime lead. Garrett has already blamed Romo, but regardless, blowing a game in this fashion, with the biggest micromanager as your defacto GM, will cause heads, not a head, to roll. It was like a sitcom. That second INT by Romo, ROTFLMFAO

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My feelings on the announcers vary based on the Packers play. If the Packers play poorly, the announcers annoy me. If the Packers play well, the announcers do not.

Latest posts