Ahman picture...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny comment, but I don't think Ahman really wants the world to see him voicing his personal issues like that... As a spokesman, of sorts, for the Team in many ways Batman needs to watch for that type of nonsense being pshed by a corrupt media agenda - amazing to find that only certain people in the limelight deserve such flagrant abuse... How many people in Hollywood always get a free pass?

He'd better be focused when the real football season comes around..

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Ahman will be OK, at least I hope so. He has been in the limelight quite a bit in his career, both good and bad, he should be able to handle it and stay focused.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was reluctant to post that, but if you're a regular on pft (as I am) that is just par for the course, and as for picking on certain individuals, at least in pft's case, their is NO player immnune to criticism (esp. "Ron Mexico") It's a very sarcastic/cynical site, although it has a lot of very good info and rumors.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy, I agree with you on pft. They have a lot of good info but they present it in a way that when you were growing up your parents would have told you that's not nice to laugh at, but you had to laugh anyway.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's a great way of putting it packertraxx...even with the ahman picture...obviously spousal abuse is nothing to make light of, or the fact that Ahman has some personal issues that don't need to be made public...but with the way they put it, it's difficult to maintain your poker face

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like an oversensitive girl :wink: ... I think the caption is in poor taste - regardless of who the intended audience is.

1) Domestic violence is no laughing matter
2) Ahman is innocent until proven guilty and BTW was only charged with disorderly conduct - if I remember correctly not domestic abuse.
3) Since there are children involved divorce shouldn't be a joking matter.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chickpackfan said:
At the risk of sounding like an oversensitive girl :wink: ... I think the caption is in poor taste - regardless of who the intended audience is.

1) Domestic violence is no laughing matter
2) Ahman is innocent until proven guilty and BTW was only charged with disorderly conduct - if I remember correctly not domestic abuse.
3) Since there are children involved divorce shouldn't be a joking matter.
Agreed - I was leading cheeseheads (sorta) to the water to drink from what you've just posted in blatant script... and I can tell you my daughter would have not been so amiable.... It is in poor taste - which gives me the impression that whoever runs that site is not necessarily a packer fan, either! He's pushing an idea at people - directing them as to what they should really think about Ahman as a person... How would you feel if that was a picture of YOU?

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll have to check that site when I am through here. I do know that Ahman's wife is kind of stuck up. She was on the Packerfantour cruise a couple of years ago and told my friend that my friend's husband should not be talking to Ahman. She said that isn't why they were on the cruise. And she and Ahman weren't even married at that time. And by the way if they are with Packerfantours cruises, part of the time they are on the ship is supposed to be with the Packer fans. Hey, they get their way paid while the rest of us have to pay our own way.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pft is a very humorous site and they've been known to scoop the mainstream media on some stories. That being said, I have to agree that this portrayal of Ahman borders on crossing the line.

And by the way if they are with Packerfantours cruises, part of the time they are on the ship is supposed to be with the Packer fans.

:agree:

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It use to be that it was standard practice that a woman wouldn't call **** or abuse if it wasn't real - because of the social stigma surrounding it and the scrutiny she would go through during prosecution.

That has changed in both cases - especially when the weathly or celebrities are involved. I am not saying that is or isn't the case with Ahman but the chance of it certainly can't be discredited.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pft is there to sell themselves. Similar to a shock jock. So if someone,myself included, does not like some of the things that they have on the site you have to look past it. Or don't go there.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now now...a lot of you laughed at the Kellon Winslow Jr. photos on Pro Football Talk poking fun at his daredevil routine. Beating your wife is not funny but lighten up a little. You all laughed at the wizzanator thing and you could say that drug addiction is not a funny topic either. Don't be hypocritical just because they poked fun at a Packer. pft is the most honest site about NFL news on the net. :D

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty much how I feel too philtration...spousal abuse is a very borderline topic to make light of to say the least, which is why I was really reluctant to post it, but (and I really don't think this is the case with those who have objected, I'm just saying) as you said, make sure you're not upset because it's a packer. I really enjoy that site...one of the few sites where you'll find objective nfl news, and often with some low brow, teenage-level fart humor, if you're in to that sort of thing.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is about as funny as Bobby Knight's explanation as to why **** never happens. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, and I find nothing humorous about this. I haven't seen this web site before, so I assume that they just missed on this one.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
pretty much how I feel too philtration...spousal abuse is a very borderline topic to make light of to say the least, which is why I was really reluctant to post it, but (and I really don't think this is the case with those who have objected, I'm just saying) as you said, make sure you're not upset because it's a packer. I really enjoy that site...one of the few sites where you'll find objective nfl news, and often with some low brow, teenage-level fart humor, if you're in to that sort of thing.

Yes but they do break a lot of stories way before the rest of the media and I give them credit for that.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts