Ahman Green

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, is anyone else getting sick of Green. I mean has he really even fixed his fumbleing problem. I am getting very tired of Green. Ne one think it would work if we traded green and used the combo of Davenport and fisher?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I'm not sick of Ahman Green. You have to take a few fumbles with him, we know that. It doesn't override what he does in both the running and passing game. Do you notice that Davenport has the same problem yet you want to use him in combination with Fisher? It's kind of like Favre, he's going to make some idiotic plays out there, but he's still the man because he makes more good ones than bad and leads his team to a lot more wins than losses.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, if you want to call out a player, at least get the name right....not like he is some little used scrub, ya know!!

I am more concerned with his apparent anger issues and his repeated run ins with the law. Granted, the climate is such these days that a mere verbal arguement between a couple is sufficient to get the cops out....and of course the male is ALWAYS implicated (which is ********, I might add) but how he responded to the cops upon their arrival is more troubling yet.

I have always had concern about fumbling with Ahman, but he is such a dynamic back and part of his game is fighting for the last inch each and every play....which is to be admired! However, he has to learn that sometimes it is better to hit the turf after getting the first down in critical situations than it is to risk losing the ball fighting for inches. Personally, I think Edgar Bennet will be a very positive influence for Davenport and Green in regards to fumbling....the man had hands of glue when he played and ball security will certainly be foremost in his discipline during camp.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love AG the football player, but his off-the-field issues are another matter. I know that this has been posted before, but he fumbles almost exactly as often as the great Jim Taylor, about 1/60 touches. I also think that Edgar's tutelage should help the backs hold on to the ball. When Johnny Roland was hired, the scribes touted him as a great coach because he tutors such luminaries as Sweetness and Emmitt Smith. I think it was those two guys, among others, who made Roland look like a good coach. AG is still one of the top RB in the league.
Hammer

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with digs and hammer. I would bet that Davenport would be an even bigger fumbler if we used him full time. He runs too high, which causes fumbles AND injuries.

Green's anger problems ARE a problem. He is an abuser. I refuse to just brush it off because he is a Packer. I know,I know... he didn't physically hit her THIS TIME, but there is a reason that she and 2 other women have been frightened enough to have him arrested. In this case where there is smoke there is probably fire. Let's hope this doesn't end tragically.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yet again agreed...really disturbing hearing all of the issues he's had with his wives, and I read that he was on the verge of pulling a McKenzie/Walker last July, and may do it again soon. So yeah, he's a great back, but he's been a bit of a black eye for the organization

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green

I am sure that the Raiders would take him. They actually like this sort of image for their team. Ha is a great back at times but he can and will fumble at the worst moment and his off field stuff must be embarrassing for the Packers

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
or maybe it could have been a couple of over eager cops with bad mustaches...who got picked on in high-school who wanted to bait Ahman into gettin' physical with them so that they could bring the jack-hammer down on him...

the point is.....nobody knows the real facts here...

i wouldn't say that McGee and Horning were squeaky clean citizens either...but they don't seem to get the scrutiny that say a "modern day" player gets...when it comes to the "Packer image"...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your comments about Hornung and Taylor are true, and certainly would apply to a lot of other Packer/NFL greats as well. However, Hornung did get in a some hot water due to his Notre Dame entrance comments (last year?) in spite of the high pedestal that he sits on.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True but those player did not make the kind of money that the players make today. That kind of instant wealth along with the whole entourage and "thug life" image that seems very popular now can change a person in a hurry. It is not just the scrutiny they get but the constant attention that so many players bring upon them selves (T.O. and Rany Moss for instance)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget - I believe Nitschke had a wild nature. too!

A major fumble problem with Batman showed itself during that MNF Eagles game.
It was raining and he had on those "rubber" elbow protectors.. remember that?

Anyone who goes tubin' down the river knows that the rubber isn't only for storing air inside... It's also very very slippery when wet. Whos' the dufus that let him get into the game wearin' those galoshes? One wonders if Green did that on purpose or not. Everyone at the Club was screamin' at the big screen...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players like Nitschke and Butkus were as mean and intimidating as anyone to ever play the game but they did not do a stupid dance after making a play and were never involved in a murder case or any other criminal activity (Ray Lewis) Some of todays players are disfunctional punks at best.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Ahmon Green

ameuret said:
Hey, is anyone else getting sick of Green. I mean has he really even fixed his fumbleing problem. I am getting very tired of Green. Ne one think it would work if we traded green and used the combo of Davenport and fisher?

You may have a point ameuret. In 2005, Ahman Green is probably entering the downside of his career. Green will never see another 1800 yd season that is for sure.

It will be interesting to see how the Packers revamped OL will effect Green and company's running game. Over the past few seasons the Packers have had at least a top 5 OL. With Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle gone, is there anyone who really believes that the Packers OL will not miss a beat???

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm stoked to have AG. The truth will come out in regards to his marriage issues, however, as a player, he gives everything he's got. It's like taking Bret with his INT's, sure he's made some questionable throws but he's a gamer, just like AG. Why they haven't put some non-slip material on those forearm pads similar to the material used in tool chests, blows me away.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a rap against Davenport and Fisher, but if you had only them in place of Green, in a short amount of time you be crying to have Green back. Neither is close to Green in ability and Davenport can not stay healthy as a part time player. He also fumbles more often than Green.

OP
OP
A

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone said that Bret Favre will loose you games with stupid mistakes. Well Favre is in a different postion than green. Yeah favre throws interceptions but how do you know that the recievers didnt run the wrong route. I can see it sometimes when favre tries to force somthing in. but just normal interceptions how do we know that they are favres fault? Favre is running the offense and he is also the team leader. There is no comparision to me for Favre and Green.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
666...obviously you've had problems with mustached police in the past. Sherman should go because he can't keep Favre from throwing stupid picks in the playoffs but Green is fine even if he slaps his *****es around a bit, right? I have a feeling I know you're type......

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To Prez. Ya, I yammered on and on about those black arm protectors for the longest time wondering why none of the coaches saw those as a contributing factor to Green's fumblitis. Then, remarkably, one day he took them off and the media made this big deal about what a difference it made. I thought to myself, vix could you possibly be wise beyond your years? Then in an instant I thought, ***** that nonsense. No vix, it's just not possible.

LOL.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ameuret said:
Yeah, Favre throws interceptions... but, how do you know that the Receivers didn't run the wrong route.
No kidding... How many times have we seen Favre throwing up his hands and doing a "stare-down" at the WR? You could write a book with WR's who haven't studied the Play book properly.... :roll:

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green fumbles less than Jim Taylor did. We've been over and over this.

Football is a violent game played by violent people and that's one of the reasons we love it so much. Maybe it would stop spilling into the families if we switched to flag football.

How about those Special Forces guys who came home from war and murdered their wives at Ft. Bragg? Violence begets violence.

At least Green hasn't murdered anyone like #52 of The Mavens. What the hell, all the writers and tv guys love him.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be surprised to see Ted Thompson unload Ahman Green in 2006.

The 2005 season is just an evaluating season. Expect Thompson to make some big moves.

OP
OP
A

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey that would be great! Hey sense everyone thinks that green is so good how about if we trade him for someone on D. I think we could use that. I mean what if we even used fisher if we went back to a true west coast offense. Hey was Bennet that much better than fisher or davenport?

Stewie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea Green is a good runnig bck but a lot of times when he fumbles the football, the other team gets it and onther there drive they get a TD, and davonport is just as good as green if not better. the only reason they gave green as the leasd RB is that he can turn the fastes, and runs strong into the line. Davonport waits for an opening what could be bad, but he gets a lot of yardage, in plays.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts