Ahman Green

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In further defence of Porky's argument, I dont think rushing yards alone is a sufficient indicator of a RB's performance. Shaun Alexander became MVP last year for TDs scored and not just for 1880 yards rushing. Jerome Bettis had only 300+ yards rushing but proved invaluable on third downs and in the red zone.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think he's over the top as the guy, but if we can get him for a decent price I don't see why we shouldn't resign the guy and let him finish his career in Green Bay.

Gakk..

You've seen what "cheapness" can get you...(O-Line...WR... :roll: )

(Are you sure you're not TT..?) :wink:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You say that just posts after you say its 'very easy'... training everyday doesn't sound 'very easy' to me.

I never said it was very easy to train. I'm not saying football is easy. I'm not compare Ahman Green to myself because I don't play in the NFL. I said gaining 1000 yards is a very easy number to obtain in the NFL now. It's just one stat. There are other things that factor in as well but a lot of backup running backs in the NFL could start elsewhere and gain 1000 yards rushing. The number isn't that impressive any longer. I don't sugarcoat things for other players and I'm not going to do it for Green no matter how beloved he might be. His best days are behind him clearly. He's better off taking a smaller role for the better of the team. Does that mean he's a bad player? Not at all but the team can upgrade with Green as the 3rd down back and someone (just throwing names out there) like Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch as the starter.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Ahman but fact is I don't see how we can justify paying him starter money. He has proved that if he can split time he can be very effective and I'd love to have him back as a 1a back but to pay him big money reality tells me his better days are behind him. Sure when he's healthy he looks like his old prime sometime but if he's suppose to carry the full load next year I'd have a hard time believing he makes it far before the injury bug gets him. Ideal situation is if Green accepts a pay cut and diminished role and comes in as a change of pace back where he could thrive. If he'd accept that I don't see why he can't be a big asset to us for a few years yet.
BTW I will forever be thankful for what Green has brought here regardless if he stays or goes. Other then the fumbles he's been one of the great Packer backs which is saying a lot if you consider the company that includes

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
To run for 1,000 yards in the NFL you only need to average 62.5 yards a game. That is actually a very easy number to obtain even behind a rookie offensive line. The amount of carries needed to average that is not terribly high either. A tick above average in my opinion isn't stretching it at all. I think that's a fair assessment but stretching it would be considering Ahman Green is back and that he is not..

Should also be mentioned that Ahman missed two games. He's averaging nearly 80 yards a game. Quite a few teams would like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts