Ahman Green

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
porky88 said:
Tough call really. I assume morency and herron will be back next year or at least for camp. I think if Green can be brought back for another year as a 3rd down RB and someone to spot whoever we go out and fine.

It would really come down to if Green wants to take a smaller role instead of one he has had in the past.

As long as he continues to produce like he has this year why would he be a 3rd down back?

I say see if he would accept a very nice base, with lot of bonuses put in for 2 years, or let him test the market to see what he could get..

He's 30 years old. Curtis Martin is 33 and he has to retire. Faulk is 33 as well and is doing NFL Network. It's time to look at the future at that position regardless of Green's numbers this year.

Favre is 37 :thumbsup:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
longtimefan said:
porky88 said:
Tough call really. I assume morency and herron will be back next year or at least for camp. I think if Green can be brought back for another year as a 3rd down RB and someone to spot whoever we go out and fine.

It would really come down to if Green wants to take a smaller role instead of one he has had in the past.

As long as he continues to produce like he has this year why would he be a 3rd down back?

I say see if he would accept a very nice base, with lot of bonuses put in for 2 years, or let him test the market to see what he could get..

He's 30 years old. Curtis Martin is 33 and he has to retire. Faulk is 33 as well and is doing NFL Network. It's time to look at the future at that position regardless of Green's numbers this year.

Favre is 37 :thumbsup:

Makes no difference. RB's generally don't play as long as offensive lineman or quarterbacks. That's why I pointed out the modern day running backs that left. There is more such as Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, and Tiki Barber now. Green will for sure play a few more years but because of his age Green Bay needs to find a replacement and if Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Llynch is there when they pick, I think they have to go for it and Green will need to take the same role Marshall Faulk had with the Rams a year ago.

Members online