Ahman Green

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that Ahman Green was questionable for monday night. This would be horrible if he didnt play. Morrency is no Ahman Green, and we need a running game to succeed. Favre wont have much of a game without him either. He is still a great running back, and remember, he caught a lot of passes vs. detroit. We might not have won if he didn't.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you insane???!!? We had a running game last week??!!??!! Thank god someone told me that. Maybe its just my crazy mind...But I seem to remember NO running game last week. and I also seem to remember a little fumble by your man Green that almost cost us the game!! Ill take Morency/Noah H. over Green ANY Sunday of the year!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Are you insane???!!? We had a running game last week??!!??!! Thank god someone told me that. Maybe its just my crazy mind...But I seem to remember NO running game last week. and I also seem to remember a little fumble by your man Green that almost cost us the game!! Ill take Morency/Noah H. over Green ANY Sunday of the year!!

IIRC, Herron fumbled too when we were in scoring position. Or was that the game before last?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
agopackgo4 said:

IIRC, Herron fumbled too when we were in scoring position. Or was that the game before last?
That was last game. But I dont think he has played enough to tell if he is a "fumbler" or not. All I know is that Green is. Im willing to check out other guys

OP
OP
P

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How could you say you would take herron and morrency over ahman green. We went 4-12 last year mainly because we lost ahman green. And im sure favre would be a lot more comfortable with his man green in the backfeild with him. Favre has chemisry with green, and thats what we need.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

you're being dumb.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
How could you say you would take herron and morrency over ahman green. We went 4-12 last year mainly because we lost ahman green. And im sure favre would be a lot more comfortable with his man green in the backfeild with him. Favre has chemisry with green, and thats what we need.

Well actually I think we went 4 and 12 last year because half of our team was injured and our play calling sucked. Just for the record how many games did we win with Green starting at running back last year?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
agopackgo4 said:

you're being dumb.

Ok, call me dumb and thats ok. But the fact still remains--Green almost cost us the game, and there was no running game against the Lions. Ill give a good piont to Green he did a great job catchin the ball. But there was still nothing else that he did. I dont think were going to miss him this week. To me he doesnt factor into winning or loosing.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
bozz_2006 said:
agopackgo4 said:

you're being dumb.

Ok, call me dumb and thats ok. But the fact still remains--Green almost cost us the game, and there was no running game against the Lions. Ill give a good piont to Green he did a great job catchin the ball. But there was still nothing else that he did. I dont think were going to miss him this week. To me he doesnt factor into winning or loosing.

You are wrong, he does factor into us losing the game if he fumbles. If the guy who replaces him can hold on to the ball make the easy catch and get a consistent 3.5 yards per carry, we would be better off. At this point, our running game is not a threat to opposing defenses with or without Green in the lineup. The main purpose of the running game is to have balance and for playaction passes. Even though Green would break a big run or two every game in the past, the majority of big plays in a game come from the passing attack. Normally those plays are set up by the run or at least aided with the threat of the run. If you noticed last week, we were in shotgun formation alot of the time. That is a predictable formation in which the defense knows its a pass play. If our running game was a factor or even a semi threat, we would be able to line up in a conventional 2 back or one back formation in situations like 3rd and 5 or 2nd and 9. . But thats not the case. With our play calling, we can really have any NFL running back out there and the outcome should be the same as long as he can catch the easy passes which Green is good at.

I say give Green one more chance to prove he can hold on to the ball. Technically he is the best runner and catching RB on the roster at this time. Only one more shot though. If he fumbles in the near future and it causes a swing of momentum in the game in a negative way, we need to bench the guy. Im sure he is a hard worker and a nice guy but enough is enough already.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think it's going too far to say that Green isn't our best bet. yes he does fumble, but noah herron fumbled in the red zone last weekend too. Maybe if he'd have held onto the ball, we wouldn't have been in a situation at the end of the game where a fumble would be so catastrophic. Then you have Morrency, whom nobody knows anything about. he might have potential but unless you're Reggie Bush or Cadillac, learning the ins and outs of the RB position is going to come with considerable growing pains.

hitemup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green has, and will cause us to lose a game. He had a fumbling problem in the past, and probably continue to do so.

We lost Jevon early in the year in -04(I think), fast, explosive, play-maker. But we had Donald. Donald driver was the best play maker we had at the time. I remember there were soem catches that he could of caught but didn't. Bubba franks was injured part of the time, and had some good games, but couldn't stay healthy.

Let's not forget, that the majority of the games last year, we could have one!

excited packer fan that has the best for the best for the future!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried about Green I want him to be healthy and be a great half back again. But it seems like he needs MORE time to heal hopefully Morency can be better than what he showed us here at Green Bay and at Oklahoma State.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
agopackgo4 said:
bozz_2006 said:
agopackgo4 said:

you're being dumb.

You are wrong, he does factor into us losing the game if he fumbles. If the guy who replaces him can hold on to the ball make the easy catch and get a consistent 3.5 yards per carry, we would be better off. At this point, our running game is not a threat to opposing defenses with or without Green in the lineup. The main purpose of the running game is to have balance and for playaction passes. Even though Green would break a big run or two every game in the past, the majority of big plays in a game come from the passing attack. Normally those plays are set up by the run or at least aided with the threat of the run. If you noticed last week, we were in shotgun formation alot of the time. That is a predictable formation in which the defense knows its a pass play. If our running game was a factor or even a semi threat, we would be able to line up in a conventional 2 back or one back formation in situations like 3rd and 5 or 2nd and 9. . But thats not the case. With our play calling, we can really have any NFL running back out there and the outcome should be the same as long as he can catch the easy passes which Green is good at.

I say give Green one more chance to prove he can hold on to the ball. Technically he is the best runner and catching RB on the roster at this time. Only one more shot though. If he fumbles in the near future and it causes a swing of momentum in the game in a negative way, we need to bench the guy. Im sure he is a hard worker and a nice guy but enough is enough already.

I agree with what you said. I should have said Green doesnt factor into us winning a game.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Zombieslayer said:
agopackgo4 said:

That was last game. But I dont think he has played enough to tell if he is a "fumbler" or not. All I know is that Green is. Im willing to check out other guys

Didn't he also fumble a kickoff return a couple of weeks ago too?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I believe he did. I forgot about that. Although the games he played in last year he didnt fumble as far as I remember.

Members online

Latest posts