Ahman Green Placed on IR

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor Ahman.

I heard Texans fans were mad about the move(mostly the money part) and his injuries very early in the year. That sucks.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman was always one of my least disliked packers. He always ran hard and was quick through the holes that those good GB lines were opening. Plus, I always knew that he was good for 3-4 fumbles early in the season...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....i liked him, for sure. He got his big payday. Fortunatly, it wasn't the Packers that got stuck with the check.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I remember that fumble against KC a few years ago which cost us the game. Never really was that thrilled with him after that. He fumbled all the dang time. Every time he got the ball I held my breath.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVED Green. He cared about us fans! When i was at one of the OTA's a couple years ago, i yelled to him "Mr. Green, could you please autograph my Packer helmet for me?" as he was going into the locker room. He IMMEDIATLY stopped and walked right over to me, reached over the fence for my helmet and signed it for me! William Henderson followed him, and he signed it for me too!
They didn't just walk away, like most "star" players do today!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ahman Green said:
"I tried my best rehabbing and running around ... it's just not quite there, I kept feeling the way I felt prior to games, and I'd go into games and then bam, a couple plays in and I'm out. I don't want to do that to myself, I don't want to do that to my team.

"I want to make sure I help my team by letting them know how I feel, so they could be ready for the game in terms of having guys on the field that are healthy that could get the job done."

Even he admits that he goes in and 'bam' injured. :(

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a bummer.

Kind of makes Ted look a tad wiser, but only if he can predict injuries.
I don't think it was so much "predicting" the injury, as it was looking at the last couple of years, and seeing the toll it took on Green.
To me it was more playing the odds.

Staff online

Members online