Ahman Green Fumble.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it isnt postive but man does he have to fumble at the most important point of the game? I hate watching it happen so much he needs to learn to hold onto the ball.

Anyways Great Game Packers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree. That was the time of the game running the ball is supposed to be good, and NOT give you a heart attack.

I think cuz of AHman\Herrons performances, we will see a lot more of Morency next week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont get it....this guy has arms are like the size of a normal persons thighs and he cant hold on to it..

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can't be coached to hold on to the ball. Every coaching staff he has worked with has tried to teach him how to hold on to the ball. It's something he has to be determined enough to do. But you can't have him in the game at the end of a close game. I will be very surprised if you see him in that position next week.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
i agree. That was the time of the game running the ball is supposed to be good, and NOT give you a heart attack.

I think cuz of AHman\Herrons performances, we will see a lot more of Morency next week.

I miss Gado

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
tromadz said:

I miss Gado

I don't. Gado had massive fumbling problems without the pass receiving ability of Ahman Green.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Yared-Yam said:
tromadz said:

I miss Gado

I don't. Gado had massive fumbling problems without the pass receiving ability of Ahman Green.

Morency also gives us a big play guy where as Gado was a short yardage back. Overall though Gado was a good guy but wasn't working well with our offense this year. We'll see how Morency plays as the year goes on.

Green is our guy. 120 total yards and a TD is a good day for any back. The fumble could of been costly but it wasn't.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the guy, but that fumble was inexcusable. Is he still always carrying it in his left arm?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not defending Ahman, but it's usually early in the year that he has most of his fumbles.
In the past that fumble would have cost us the game, so maybe the breaks are starting to turn our way.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, too, think that fumble was inexcuseable. The Pack could have had another touch down. Am I greedy? You're darn right I am. Other than that, great game Packers.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tiki barber used to fumble a lot too. to remedy this problem, he now carries the ball pressed against his chest. maybe the GB staff should look into that.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
tromadz said:

I miss Gado

Gado didnt appear to be a factor in Houston. They are still winless. Guess you can say hes another flash in the pan.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget, Green also had another fumble that luckily happened just as his knee was down and there was no clear replay of it.

Green simply needs to protect the ball, whatever it takes. This team isn't good enough to make up for lots of mistakes or turnovers.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Don't forget, Green also had another fumble that luckily happened just as his knee was down and there was no clear replay of it.

Green simply needs to protect the ball, whatever it takes. This team isn't good enough to make up for lots of mistakes or turnovers.

On that non-fumble, I thought I saw the ball squirt out well before Green's knee hit the ground, but the ball went behind his back and could not be seen on any of the replays. The refs were right not to overturn the call on the field, but with a different camera angle, that may have been ruled a fumble.

Hopefully Ahman just has another early-season case of the yips. We need him more than ever this season, because he's the only back on the team who looks good in this offense.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In that situation, that NEVER should happen! He's a PRO! Why didn't he have the ball covered with BOTH arms at that point in the game? You KNOW the other team is desperate and will be going for the ball, yet he's holding the ball out in space when he KNOWS he's about to be tackled.
Man, they could have almost run out the clock had he just went down and did what he SHOULD have done.
Fortunatly it didn't cost them the game.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looked at the replay of the fumble ahman took a hard hit on his hand ie tip of the ball as his arm was coming forward. It was not a ooops drop that he usually has. Was a great defensive play.

Hey The Pack Won. They have a better record this year than they did last year at this time.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Looked at the replay of the fumble ahman took a hard hit on his hand ie tip of the ball as his arm was coming forward. It was not a ooops drop that he usually has. Was a great defensive play.

Hey The Pack Won. They have a better record this year than they did last year at this time.
That is the exact reason that players are taught in that situation to hold the ball with BOTH hands. Cover it up, so if you DO get hit like that, you won't lose the ball.
Like i said, the other team in that situation is taught to go after the ball. It's Green's resposnsibility to cover it with both hands.
You can BET Green AND Herron are going to get reamed this week over what COULD have been costly turnovers.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
I love the guy, but that fumble was inexcusable. Is he still always carrying it in his left arm?

He is carrying the ball in his left arm, but that didn't matter on that play. He was running to the left side, so if he typically changed hands, then the ball would have been in his left hand as it was.

There are many RBs who always use one hand to carry the ball and don't have fumbling problems. I don't think that is the problem for Green.

In the situation yesterday, he should have had both hands on the ball. That one extra yard would have been meaningless there. Know the situation and protect the ball! Otherwise I think Green's a great RB and we're lucky to have him.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can bet you he wont fumble next week if we have the lead late in the fourth... he will put that ball under his shirt if he has to.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
I know it isnt postive but man does he have to fumble at the most important point of the game? I hate watching it happen so much he needs to learn to hold onto the ball.

Anyways Great Game Packers.

Too late for him to learn how to hold on to the ball. He has been around for enough years, and had enough running back coaches that if at this point he cant hold on to the ball it is useless to even try...

Members online

Latest posts