Ahman Green anyone?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are in dire need of a solid running back. I propose we sign Ahman Green again. He wasn't great last year, but he was solid. He did pick up positive yards. If we sign him we can use Jackson as a 3rd down back again(where he is much better off) and use Khun and the change of pace back. Thoughts?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a better yards per carry last season than Lynch.

But dont tell that to the people on the forum

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. Or as someone in another thread pointed out, DeShawn Wynn is on the Saint's practice squad, and he also knows the system.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. There's MANY other RB's out there we can look at that I'd rather have than him.

Here's current NFL free agent RB's:
Larry Johnson, Justin Fargas, Willie Parker, Samkon Gado, Adrian Peterson(former Bears, not the great one),...hell, there's Kregg Lumpkin on the squad...

We could trade for many runningbacks that are around the league, as well.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a better yards per carry last season than Lynch.

But dont tell that to the people on the forum

Ahman Green hasn't been relevant in four seasons. Green has not carried the ball more than 74 times since 2006.

Lynch had 120 carries in 2009. Green had 41 carries.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green hasn't been relevant in four seasons. Green has not carried the ball more than 74 times since 2006.

Regardless he is familiar with the system and performed rather well last year when we signed him half way through the season. Lynch also has some major character issues which makes me very apprehensive about trading Hawk, or Lang or Spitz and a draft pick for him.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get all this desperation for us to sign a running back. Do you guys really think our running game is what caused us to lose yesterday?

We already have three 4 RB's on the roster, not including Kuhn. Jackson, Grant, Nance and Starks. I still think a little patience is needed.

Besides, Green is under contract with the UFL. We can't sign him until their season is over, which isn't for a while.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless he is familiar with the system and performed rather well last year when we signed him half way through the season. Lynch also has some major character issues which makes me very apprehensive about trading Hawk, or Lang or Spitz and a draft pick for him.

Is he familiar with the system? Sure

Did he "perform rather well"? That's very questionable. Green played in 8 games, getting 41 carries. I really don't trust that sample size. He hasn't carried a full load in four years.

I'd send Spitz and a draft pick for Lynch. Spitz has been unable to earn/maintain a starting spot for years now. Is he really invaluable?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get all this desperation for us to sign a running back. Do you guys really think our running game is what caused us to lose yesterday?

We already have three 4 RB's on the roster, not including Kuhn. Jackson, Grant, Nance and Starks. I still think a little patience is needed.

Besides, Green is under contract with the UFL. We can't sign him until their season is over, which isn't for a while.

The running game was not the reason for the loss, but it needs to improve in order to WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

Brandon Jackson and John Kuhn are not feature backs. Jackson has proven critics right over and over again. He's a 3rd down back only. Kuhn is a beast, but not a #1.

I have a HUGE ISSUE with people who mention Starks. Starts missed his entire Senior season, got drafted and was placed on the PUP. The guy hasn't played in a game in over a year. He is a total non-factor for this season. :sFun_DeadHorse:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The running game was not the reason for the loss, but it needs to improve in order to WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

NO IT DOESN'T.

Jesus Christ. More than enough evidence has shown you DO NOT NEED a top tier running game to make it to or win the ****ing Super Bowl.

Last season the Colts were dead last in rushing. Guess where they went?

Seson before, the Cardinals and the Steelers were both 31 and 32, respectively, in rushing. Guess what- BOTH TEAMS MADE THE ****ING SUPER BOWL! Oh, and guess what? The Steelers play in every bit of bad weather weather as we do.

So no, we do NOT need some lights out running game to make it to or win the Super Bowl. I get that Jackson isn't getting 10 yards a carry so people want to go elsewhere, but we seriously don't need it.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
^^^
We need more than we got last night. No, we don't need a "lights out" running game, but we need some semblance of a running game. And last night we didn't have a running game. At all.

Can we afford to do something like 7 carries for 8 yards in a half in the Playoffs? I really don't think so.

Side Note: Is there a reason this gets you so mad? Calm down, bro.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No kidding.. calm down, just cause someone doesn't agree doesn't mean you need to get so mad...

Another way having no running game plays into effect is that if Rodgers is passing 50+ times per game, then the O Line has to pass protect 50+ times per game. Guess what?????/ OUR O-LINE IS NOT VERY GOOD IN PASS PROTECTION@@@@@@!@#@$@%@#%@%

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Green hasnt been relevant for four seasons and Lynch cant out perform him what does that say?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Lynch was suspended early last year and Fred Jackson came in and took his job.

His last year as a feature back saw him go for 1,036 yards for 8 TD's on 4.1 per carry and 47 catches for 300 yards.

Can we stop acting like he's unproven? Granted those number aren't mindblowing, but I guarantee you they're better than whatever Jackson will put up this year.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't really understand why people keep saying RB wasn't our problem last night, .... was. Yes, those were problems to, as was our running game. You can't deny that having a RB would've opened up the field and maybe we could've used Jennings a bit more. So, yes any semblance of a run game could've helped us win, just like minimizing penalties could've helped us win, just like better Oline play could've helped us win, etc etc.

If a house is falling apart because the roof has holes, the floorboards are torn apart, and the pipes are leaking, you don't just fix the roof and then wait to see what happens.

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green hasn't been relevant for a while.. I loved him back in his prime. But there are better options out there.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what a Falcons fan friend of mine told me Nance was pretty damn good when they signed him. I think we should give him a chance and see what he can do. Put Jackson back on the practice squad where he belongs.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

His last year as a feature back saw him go for 1,036 yards for 8 TD's on 4.1 per carry and 47 catches for 300 yards.

Can we stop acting like he's unproven? Granted those number aren't mindblowing, but I guarantee you they're better than whatever Jackson will put up this year.

Your assuming he is as good as he was in 2008. Also the same year Lendale white had 15 TDs. Just sayin

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this for all of you guys arguing on whether or not we need a killer ground game for a deep playoff run...

Do we NEED it? No.

Would it be nice? Yes.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Damn right.. Im sorry folks, but I JUST FLAT OUT AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH OR CARE FOR BRANDON JACKSON.

If anyone is unproven, it's Brandon Jackson.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this for all of you guys arguing on whether or not we need a killer ground game for a deep playoff run...

Do we NEED it? No.

Would it be nice? Yes.

would love a killer ground game. Please point me in the direction of one. Is one of the top 5 backs in the league available? No? just a 3rd stringer? Ill pass.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the 22nd ranked rushing team in the league... I wonder how the teams below us even manage to survive.

Members online

Latest posts