Ahmad Carroll

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think he is looking better. The one touchdown was blamed on him but shouldn't there have been deep help. There was another DB standing in the end zone that should have been helping. I thought his responsibility was the under coverage and the over should have been someone else. Also that throw was perfect and would have been hard to stop by anyone if one on one coverage.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Ahman Carroll

I want to agree with you, but someone has to be the whipping boy and take the blame for a bad defensive showing, and Ahmad seems to be everybodys favorite to fill that roll.

He actually played pretty tight defense the rest of the game. No holding penalties that I remember.

None of the DB's received any help from the D-line, which could not get any pressure on The Chargers qb.

The one plus for Ahmad is that he is ON THE FIELD PLAYING, getting as many reps as possible, so improvement is expected, but will not be acknowledged by some who will never accept him as a Packer.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I did notice that another guy (Culver, I think) came over from the middle of the field, too late to make the play. I don't know if Ahmad was expecting his help or if Culver just reacted when he saw the ball in the air. What I DO know is that Ahmad was a couple steps behind the receiver and had his back to the play as usual. He did play better later in the game, but I would like to see a higher level of play from him. He's in his third year now.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That throw was as perfect as they get. Nobody could have defended that play and prevented a TD.
Actually I thought Carrol was a bright spot in an otherwise bad performance by the secondary.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but he DID get called for holding at least once and their were a few times when he turned to look for the ball about two steps too late. he wasn't as bad as last year, but i agree that he is now in his third year and needs to step it up

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People who bash this kid have nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooo idea how hard of a postion it is to play at that level.

He's not that bad..... a lot of calls from last year were questionable but he has a rep of doing it so he does not get the benefit of the doubt.

Most of us would lokk a heck of a lot worse.

In my opinion that is the most difficult position to play.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
but he DID get called for holding at least once and their were a few times when he turned to look for the ball about two steps too late. he wasn't as bad as last year, but i agree that he is now in his third year and needs to step it up

He actually didn't get called for holding. His penalty was for a personal foul (not sure that's much better).

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
bozz_2006 said:

He actually didn't get called for holding. His penalty was for a personal foul (not sure that's much better).

my mistake... he's still a ******.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:
People who bash this kid have nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooo idea how hard of a postion it is to play at that level.

no Æ’ucking *****. thanks for the update.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
krd005 said:

He's not that bad..... a lot of calls from last year were questionable but he has a rep of doing it so he does not get the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, maybe so. But if Carroll doesnt improve from last year it SHOULD be played by someone else.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he played horrible in the preseason game. the touchdown, and there were some other questionable 'defensive tactics' the announcers brought up, saying that with the new rules, that it would be a penalty, so now there will be NEW ways ahmad can hurt us.

it was only one game, maybe hes getting the kinks out.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To hear some Packer fans bash Carroll you would think he's the worst CB since the position was created. They have formed such a deep rooted bias against him that it is completely imposible for them to judge his play unbiased.

Since most passes thrown are completed in the NFL , that means there is alot of failure that goes with the CB position, and therefore a lot of unrealistic fans will bash Carroll. Sometimes QB make great throws, and WR's make great catches, and there's nothing the DB could have done to prevent it.

The Haters can only provide their biased opinions on Carroll, there is not one statistical bit of evidence that says Carroll isn't a serviceable CB.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our eyes are our stat watchers.

I like to go by the "who ****** up" stat. Ive mentioned this before, but you musta missed it. When a play goes bad, I go "who ****** up?" When the replay plays, I usually find the culprit. Sometimes its carroll,roman,olinemne,favre, ANYBODY can mess up, and does. Nobody is perfect. Then I tally it up, with who ****** up the most, and which ****ups costed us the most.

Carroll is a leader in the "Who ****** up" category in his first 2 years. Him and Roman always battled for the #1 spot on the "Who ****** up?" list.

And with that said, I will repeat ANOTHER thing, which goes for a lot of other 'Carroll Haters." I want him to do well. I hope he improves. If carroll improves, it means good things for the packers, and thats what it is all about, that is why we watch. I dont watch, rubbing my hands together going "come on,baby, throw it to carrolls side, hes bound to mess up!" No. There are a lot of rumros he improved this year, and while the preseason week 1 game didnt show it, week 1 preseason doesnt tell you much of anything, the good And the bad(but dont tell that to smoe of the idiots like...yeah.). Hopefully Carroll learns a lot this year from Al\Charles, and matures as a person, and can be a good CB in the future.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's fast. He hits good. He makes tackles and is not afraid to stick his nose into it. He holds and grabs on every play. If he's not holding its a run. I watched him closely as I want him to succeed but.... he holds big time.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everytime the ball is thrown his way I hold my breath because I think I'm going to see yellow on the field. I watched the game over twice. He got away with 2 for sure. He still needs some work but I think as a nickel back he'll play much better and it'll help him develop. If not then I think he's gone after this year.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AC has had ample time to get his over-agressiveness under control...i'm not sure if the kid actually realizes how much of a liability those 40 yard freebies are.

i'm done sticking up for him. if he doesn't cut out the nonsense this season, he needs his walking papers.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys make it sound like he gets flagged every game.
He had 2 penalties in the last 8 games last seson. There were 12 games were he had no penalties at all.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
He had 2 penalties in the last 8 games last seson. There were 12 games were he had no penalties at all.

i just can't fathom our coaches teaching him that pushing a WR out of bounds before the ball gets there is satisfactory play for a Packer's CB...

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
kewlbeans said:

i just can't fathom our coaches teaching him that pushing a WR out of bounds before the ball gets there is satisfactory play for a Packer's CB...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
arrowgargantuan said:
kewlbeans said:

you missed Saturday's game i assume? your buddy put on a clinic!

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
kewlbeans said:
arrowgargantuan said:
kewlbeans said:

Yes I missed it. From the sound of it, it looked like the entire defense put on a clinic.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
arrowgargantuan said:
kewlbeans said:
arrowgargantuan said:
kewlbeans said:

Yes I missed it. From the sound of it, it looked like the entire defense put on a clinic.

Actually, the entire team put on a clinic

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts