Ahmad Carroll=Scapegoat

dmelby

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every Packer fan that I've talked to today is ecstatic about AC's release. They would have liked to see him go well before the Monday night's debacle.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The funny thing is Carroll was the only DB to make any plays in the first half. He played great. 3 passes defended and a sack..........then came the second half......which right or wrong...TT clearly blamed on Carroll. Even though our safeties sucked and our offense scored zero points.

Oh well, Carroll has been bad but I think the move was made to take the heat off Thompson. Like you said "every Packer fan is ecstatic...", that's what TT was going for. Much like Sherman firing Donatell after 4th and 26.

Self survival!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are silly.

You have no proof that TT neglected to seek out a trade.

Just because you think something sounds good for the packers, doesnt mean its just gonna happen that way. You guys do realize that the other 31 teams are trying to win also, right. we OBVIOUSLY have been all over him for three years about its time to step up AC or your gonna get cut. Then he gets TRASHED on MNF, how high could his trade value seriously be.

We have the worst secondary in football right now, right now we are willing to trade a player from the worst secondary for a draft pick? dont you think that the other 31 GMs might think thats fishy?? Hmm let me see i can give them something i could use (draft pick) for a player even their crappy pass D cant Use. No value to us, no value to anyone else. Sure he might get picked up because of his speed, but he wont make much money and he will never earn a starting spot. Hes gone, not a scapegoat, rejoice. GO JARRETT BUSH!! why cant fans cheer for what we have to work with, rather than disect and tear apart every meaningless roster move.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
The funny thing is Carroll was the only DB to make any plays in the first half.

Woodson pass deflection on deep ball when he got hurt - 1st half
Woodson came back and forced a fumble - 1st half

But regardless, Carroll simply wasn't getting it done and had many many chances to do so. Add to that a bad locker room AND on-field persona, and you have to make a move. Can't say I blame TT.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll plays well when he is breaking back on the WR from the backside toward the line of scrimmage...which is where he made his plays in the first half. Once he has to go stride for stride with a WR, he is damn near a guaranteed "holding, #28".

Bottom line is the kid had progressed not one iota since his arrival, and his hot-tempered attitude gets him in trouble with both the refs and his team.

Good riddance!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
I think you could bet the farm that TT has been trying to unload him. TT has not made any kneejerk decisions (without taking time to evaluate) in the past and I doubt this was as a result of just the night before.

I would have liked to see him try safety. He has speed to cover ground, and likes to hit. However, I know that he was not liked AT ALL in the clubhouse. Maybe they felt he could not learn enough to be safety.

Regardless, he is gone. Good luck to him and I hope this humbles him a bit and that he succeeds elsewhere (not in the north division though). He has a ton of talent.

sorry this is WAY off topic but...do my eyes deceive me??? but...is the trippster...a mod????? aaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhh!! there goes the neighborhood!!! just jokes, guys - me & the tripp man go WAY back! congrats to tripp, porky, & pop man - good to have y'all along to take care of the riff raff!! ;) :D

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
trippster said:
I think you could bet the farm that TT has been trying to unload him. TT has not made any kneejerk decisions (without taking time to evaluate) in the past and I doubt this was as a result of just the night before.

I would have liked to see him try safety. He has speed to cover ground, and likes to hit. However, I know that he was not liked AT ALL in the clubhouse. Maybe they felt he could not learn enough to be safety.

Regardless, he is gone. Good luck to him and I hope this humbles him a bit and that he succeeds elsewhere (not in the north division though). He has a ton of talent.

sorry this is WAY off topic but...do my eyes deceive me??? but...is the trippster...a mod????? aaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhh!! there goes the neighborhood!!! just jokes, guys - me & the tripp man go WAY back! congrats to tripp, porky, & pop man - good to have y'all along to take care of the riff raff!! ;) :D

Yeah, Ryan decided to bring the heat! and the first thing I am going to ban are the two little G's on your banner! :wink:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
4packgirl said:
trippster said:

Yeah, Ryan decided to bring the heat! and the first thing I am going to ban are the two little G's on your banner! :wink:

peel away, trippy!! :wink: :lol:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Now go ahead everybody...just keep saying he sucks!!!! I think we've established that.

Just like we "established" last season that he was progressing, and was better than Harris by Week 17?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT do something!

TT don't do it!

My god. All this hand wringing because the Packers cut a player who has sucked from day one. Are you that afraid that he will land someplace else (Vikings, hahahahaha) and turn into a decent player? What kind of cowardly view is that?

And you can't figure out why the Packers are a bad team and will be one for several years to come?

Members online

Latest posts