AHHHHHHHHHHH to be a Shareholder :

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shareholders will get Packers tour
By DON WALKER
[email protected]
Posted: April 22, 2006
As part of its annual meeting in July, the Green Bay Packers are planning to let its shareholders tour the team's locker room and football facilities.

Advertisement

This will be the first time the shareholders will get a chance to tour the facilities, and fulfills a promise made last year by Packers president Bob Harlan.

The annual shareholders meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 19, at 9 a.m. at Lambeau Field. The event will take place, regardless of the weather. The meeting will be open to ticketed shareholders plus one guest.

Shareholders - there are 111,921 of them - have long expressed an interest in touring the locker-room facilities, especially after the stadium was refurbished.

"This is something we wanted to do," Harlan said Friday. "We want them to take the time to see the history and tradition of the franchise."

In order to accommodate the large crowds, the tour will be offered over two days. The first tour will be on the afternoon of Tuesday, July 18, and on Wednesday after the shareholders' meeting.

"I want the fans to feel they aren't going to be herded through," Harlan said. "They'll want to take pictures, and I want them to read the stories on the wall about the franchise."

Harlan said shareholders will follow the path players and coaches take from the locker room to the field. In addition, fans will be able to see pictorial displays of major games in Packers' history, the retired jerseys of Packer greats, and the three Super Bowl trophies.

The annual shareholder meeting, a gathering unlike any in professional sports, normally draws large crowds and allows fans to talk and meet Packers' officials.

The event has not been held at Lambeau since 1998 and 1999, the two years after the team held a stock sale to raise more money for the Lambeau Field renovation.

Last year, more than 5,000 shareholders were turned away when the Resch Center reached capacity.

Harlan said proxies would be mailed to shareholders with more information on the meeting. Shareholders will be asked to decide in advance what day they want to tour the facilities.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob Harlan is so cool.

I mean...hes the devil...hes forcing brett out! He's driving the stake into brett's *** ..or..something(i dunno, look at P@ck66's signature for the real thing. It is funny)

ps-good find. all it did was make me jealous though.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Bob Harlan is so cool.

I mean...hes the devil...hes forcing brett out! He's driving the stake into brett's *** ..or..something(i dunno, look at P@ck66's signature for the real thing. It is funny)

Oh the negativity. You're not a stockholder? I've got a couple shares I'll give you. First you have to say outloud "TT is not God". Ahhh my shares are safe!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't afford to be a stock holder........but it's ok, i got to go through the locker room and see the trophys already. It was pretty cool to see in person! I hope you that have the stock, DO get a chance to go there and take the tour!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Let's get this back on the topic please.

WinnipegPackFan said:
Shareholders will get Packers tour
By DON WALKER
[email protected]
Posted: April 22, 2006
As part of its annual meeting in July, the Green Bay Packers are planning to let its shareholders tour the team's locker room and football facilities.

Advertisement

This will be the first time the shareholders will get a chance to tour the facilities, and fulfills a promise made last year by Packers president Bob Harlan.

The annual shareholders meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 19, at 9 a.m. at Lambeau Field. The event will take place, regardless of the weather. The meeting will be open to ticketed shareholders plus one guest.

Shareholders - there are 111,921 of them - have long expressed an interest in touring the locker-room facilities, especially after the stadium was refurbished.

"This is something we wanted to do," Harlan said Friday. "We want them to take the time to see the history and tradition of the franchise."

In order to accommodate the large crowds, the tour will be offered over two days. The first tour will be on the afternoon of Tuesday, July 18, and on Wednesday after the shareholders' meeting.

"I want the fans to feel they aren't going to be herded through," Harlan said. "They'll want to take pictures, and I want them to read the stories on the wall about the franchise."

Harlan said shareholders will follow the path players and coaches take from the locker room to the field. In addition, fans will be able to see pictorial displays of major games in Packers' history, the retired jerseys of Packer greats, and the three Super Bowl trophies.

The annual shareholder meeting, a gathering unlike any in professional sports, normally draws large crowds and allows fans to talk and meet Packers' officials.

The event has not been held at Lambeau since 1998 and 1999, the two years after the team held a stock sale to raise more money for the Lambeau Field renovation.

Last year, more than 5,000 shareholders were turned away when the Resch Center reached capacity.

Harlan said proxies would be mailed to shareholders with more information on the meeting. Shareholders will be asked to decide in advance what day they want to tour the facilities.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Bob Harlan is so cool.

No he's actually really cool. We met him waiting at the Lambeau parking gate lonnng after any players we're gone. Chatted for a few minutes and signed autographs for us.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Popcynical said:
Aww.. I wish I would've bought stock back in '97..

And I wish I had bought myself a chunk of that old stadium grass ( no joke ) !!!

Winni...I bought two shares (trying to avoid a battle when they bury me....I have two kids that are Packer fanatics also). I also bought 3 boxes of Lambeau field turf after the NFC Championship game. They all reside proudly in my Packer basement!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cool..

But maybe misguided..

For those of you who can read and comprehend..(and aren't hysterical, unthinking, reactionaries...)

My signature means that Bob Harlan hired TT..who by the nature of his "plan" is driving Brett Favre out of GB...

not because of any predetermined desire on Harlan's part to do so....

(it's more like a byproduct...)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Cool..

But maybe misguided..

For those of you who can read and comprehend..(and aren't hysterical, unthinking, reactionaries...)

My signature means that Bob Harlan hired TT..who by the nature of his "plan" is driving Brett Favre out of GB...

I agree 66. Harlan saved this franchise with all he's done. IF TT is a mistake than it was an honest one!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
P@ck66 said:
Cool..

But maybe misguided..

I agree 66. Harlan saved this franchise with all he's done. IF TT is a mistake than it was an honest one!

Can I join this club???? should we issue shares? Maybe 12 months from today those shares might have a good market value !!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if he's "ruining the franchise" DePack...

that remains to be seen.. i guess...

(But he's certainly putting a nail into the end of Brett Favre's career..!)

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
Popcynical said:
Aww.. I wish I would've bought stock back in '97..

And I wish I had bought myself a chunk of that old stadium grass ( no joke ) !!!

Winni...I bought two shares (trying to avoid a battle when they bury me....I have two kids that are Packer fanatics also). I also bought 3 boxes of Lambeau field turf after the NFC Championship game. They all reside proudly in my Packer basement!

Good buy DePack, if you are ever bored, PM me a pic will you :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts