After week one

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it is only week one so I'll cut him a little slack, but will someone please tell me who TT brought in that contributed tody.

Favre, Green, Driver contributed on offense. Barnett and Kampman were the only ones on defense that showed up.

Did any of TT's "Packer people" show up today?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett I think was terrible late in the game. I hate to say this, but I'm doubting his decision making is where it needs to be.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Brett I think was terrible late in the game. I hate to say this, but I'm doubting his decision making is where it needs to be.

What does this have to do with DePack's post? Trying to pin thislosson BF is garbage. Brett was fine until they got down by 26

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he had no incompleations till the 3rd quater!!!

he was upset that the team was down so he just threw it up!!!

i dont know what part of that you guys dont get!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I am surprised with your post Z2C, we were down 26 points before he decided to push !!!

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hearing crickets. C'mon all you TT apologists, give me something to hang my hat on. Seriously, I wanna hear something good that came from one of his draft picks or FA signings.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Pickett played ok and the run D looked a little improved. I think they were caught off guard to the fact that Chicago came out airing it out. I think that's more a shot at the coaches than the players on the field. No adjustments seemed to be made.

The entire team played awful. The only guys I'd really say did anything were Ahman Green and Aaron Kampman.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green, Aaron Kampman, Brett Favre, Ryan Pickett... All guys TT brought back, so they are now TTs guys.

so really TT's guys were the only ones to contribute at all.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Ahman Green, Aaron Kampman, Brett Favre, Ryan Pickett... All guys TT brought back, so they are now TTs guys.

:lol: :lol: So TT was responsible for today?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I'm hearing crickets. C'mon all you TT apologists, give me something to hang my hat on. Seriously, I wanna hear something good that came from one of his draft picks or FA signings.

Moll and Spitz contributed heavily to Ahman Green's 100+ yard game. No penalties on the young guys.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
DePack said:

Moll and Spitz contributed heavily to Ahman Green's 100+ yard game. No penalties on the young guys.

I thought they did alright run blocking but were a little shaky pass blocking.

Believe it or not...I'm not too upset about our offense yet. I am very concerned about our defense though. I'm trying not to be too ******* TT but this is the side of the ball that he really concentrated on. If you go back and look at the posts, I always thought the Pickett signing was a good one and the Manuel signing was a waste. After week one it looks that way. Thank God there are 16 weeks. Now it is time for the coaches to make adjustments.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerGypsy said:
Zero2Cool said:

If this ain't a baiting post what is? Let's jump on Brett Favre for the loss ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Welcome to the forum. This website has a staff that makes that determination. Hopefully they are more accurate than yourself.

IP Check reveals?? ;)

Brett's human. He showed it late in the game. He all but admitted to it in his press conference after the game.

on to the Saints for a better result!!

PackerGypsy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
PackerGypsy said:
Zero2Cool said:

If this ain't a baiting post what is? Let's jump on Brett Favre for the loss ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Welcome to the forum. This website has a staff that makes that determination. Hopefully they are more accurate than yourself.

IP Check reveals?? ;)

Brett's human. He showed it late in the game. He all but admitted to it in his press conference after the game.

on to the Saints for a better result!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
DakotaT said:
DePack said:

I thought they did alright run blocking but were a little shaky pass blocking.

Believe it or not...I'm not too upset about our offense yet. I am very concerned about our defense though. I'm trying not to be too ******* TT but this is the side of the ball that he really concentrated on. If you go back and look at the posts, I always thought the Pickett signing was a good one and the Manuel signing was a waste. After week one it looks that way. Thank God there are 16 weeks. Now it is time for the coaches to make adjustments.

Lets break this game down a little. Manuel bit on the first drive and gave up the big play, 7 points. We gave up punt return for seven points. The D held on 4 entrances in the red zone. If the offense could have gotten anything rolling, we may have been in this game.

Favre looked a little off target on a lot of throws today, but he is always in sync with Driver. Green looked great, and should get 1300 yards this year. Kampmann. Barnett and Collins played well.

I've posted numerous times that I didn't expect the offense to start clicking until mid season. What I didn't expect was for our near pro bowler tackle bookends to look like dog sh^t.

Let's face the Bears have high draft choices that are entering their 3-4-5th years in the league. They should be on the top of their game. We have a lot of work to do. But lets do ourselves a favor and judge this team by how we play the Bears towards the end of the year.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson has concentrated on bringing in a lot of young guys, and I wasn't expecting a whole lot from them yet. As for the vets, Pickett looked okay, but Manuel made a rookie mistake early that hopefully was just a product of rust. Woodson was unimpressive in coverage, but looked good returning punts. Not that that makes up for it.

I have never thought the team would be much good this year, especially early in the season.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your right depack, TT did put his emphasis on the D and they looked terrible. especially the pass defense. however i have no idea what to do about it now. we can only hope for a big improvment next week and hope we make it through this season

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I honestly think I lost a couple of I.Q. points just reading this stunning piece of brilliance. :roll:

BTW: Care to explain how you figure TT "brought back" Favre? He never announced his retirement and has been under contract TT's entire tenure.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Packnic said:

I honestly think I lost a couple of I.Q. points just reading this stunning piece of brilliance. :roll:

BTW: Care to explain how you figure TT "brought back" Favre? He never announced his retirement and has been under contract TT's entire tenure.

WTF? LOLOLOLOLOL

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pickett was brought in by TT. Green and Kampman could easily be playing somewhere else this year. TT brought them back. Brett was going to retire.... TT, MM, Phil Simms convinced him enough that he should stay.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
pickett was brought in by TT. Green and Kampman could easily be playing somewhere else this year. TT brought them back. Brett was going to retire.... TT, MM, Phil Simms convinced him enough that he should stay.

Are you kidding me? Suppose TT brought all these guys in, which he did not, besides Pickett. Now lets combine that with the other guys TT brought in and you have 26-0 Bears. Boy, TT's a GENUIS!

My point exactly, THank You.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I know it is only week one so I'll cut him a little slack, but will someone please tell me who TT brought in that contributed tody.

Favre, Green, Driver contributed on offense. Barnett and Kampman were the only ones on defense that showed up.

Did any of TT's "Packer people" show up today?

Well, considering the fact that the players that were here before TT came to Green Bay are the established veterans on the team and the guys that TT brought in are mostly rookies and 2nd year players, I'm not surprised at all that the pre-TT players looked better than the TT players. Congratulations, DePack.

Granted, Woodson and Manuel sucked and I didn't even notice Pickett. So you're absolutely right DePack, but that's a pretty hollow victory.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
pickett was brought in by TT.

One out of four. You're doing well so far...

Packnic said:
Green and Kampman could easily be playing somewhere else this year. TT brought them back.

These players were not "brought back" by TT. They were here before he became GM and never left. Just because a player decides to resign with a team because they are FA eligible does not mean they left and came back. IIRC, neither of these players even shopped the FA prior to resigning, so it wasn't like TT matched an offer to retain them.

Packnic said:
Brett was going to retire.... TT, MM, Phil Simms convinced him enough that he should stay.

You mean the Phil Simms radio interview Brett heard convinced him not to retire. Which, once again, has absolutely nothing to do with TT.

Quit pretending TT walks on water. It really is tiresome.

Members online

Latest posts