After this loss can we still make Playoffs

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your not fair weather at all..

But you did **** me off telling me my opinion was wrong

So answer the question

Rodgers doesnt fumble and we kick fg who wins?

Who knows, if we kick a FG, its a tied game.

Getting pissed off when someone disagrees with you is just silly. We are all adults, and I would assume all Packers fans.

Me stating that I think your opinion is wrong is no different than you attempting to mock mine for not agreeing with you. I am just putting facts and quotes up. If the coaches are sayiing they were wrong for putting him in the situation, and you are saying its his fault, then the only real difference is that Those in charge of the team seem to share my opinion.

As for the coaching, again, when the same issues are in place for not weeks, months or a season, but YEARS, with different players, at that point who do you blame?

I pose a question to you...:

If we had a completely different STs out there yesterday, also trained by our ST coaching staff, do we win the game?

because that experiment HAS been tried to an extent, and no real progress has been made... in years. Do you still blame the players, or is it at a certain point that you look at the plays called, the players utilization, and the disipline instilled? Because all of those things fall on ....

The Coaching staff.

And Vice versa, there is a reason that teams who consistently churn out wins over seasons with multiple player changes, (like the Pats and the Eagles) are successful.
Again, the answer is....

The Coaching Staff.

Has any other team even attempted to poach our staff for promotions over the last 5 seasons? Even with an NFC championship game, several 10+ win seasons?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There can always be lots of wouldas couldas shouldas, but don't get too freaked out. It is only one game and against a very good team at that. The Packers will still be in the playoffs and still do very well.

Now they can study what it takes to beat the Falcons the next time they see them!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
LOL! You are taking this WAY too serious, *****. It's football!

What do you mean, it's only football? Aren't life's priorities the following*:

God
Self
Family
Football

*not necessarily in that order

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Getting pissed off when someone disagrees with you is just silly. We are all adults, and I would assume all Packers fans.

Me stating that I think your opinion is wrong is no different than you attempting to mock mine for not agreeing with you. I am just putting facts and quotes up. If the coaches are sayiing they were wrong for putting him in the situation, and you are saying its his fault, then the only real difference is that Those in charge of the team seem to share my opinion.
I been on forums long time so I know disagreements happen and people dont agree..

Its when people (you for example) act like my opinion is so far fetched that its not even worth discussing. That is was pissed me off...Your opinion was superior to mine and dont bother talking to you..

Not saying you felt that way but its how it came across.

And for the record me mocking you was my defense to you..You dont say I am wrong, I dont mock..

As for the coaching, again, when the same issues are in place for not weeks, months or a season, but YEARS, with different players, at that point who do you blame?
Of course you blame coaches for the PLAY CALLING...

Could a fumble or interception be indirectly a coaches fault? Yup I AGREE..I fully get your point..
Would be like a lineman trying to run and fumbles...Then I would agree with you 10000%

Again please READ and listen

Rodgers was put in bad spot, was wrong play call...Shouldnt been a sneak..

But he was holding the ball because thats part of his job..

If the blocking breaks down and Rodgers scrambles and fumbles is it the coaches fault too??

Because his job is to secure the ball at all times...A sneak is part of his job, as is running on a scramble...No matter the play call

I pose a question to you...:

If we had a completely different STs out there yesterday, also trained by our ST coaching staff, do we win the game?
Who knows? chances are they do perform better with out a doubt.

because that experiment HAS been tried to an extent, and no real progress has been made... in years. Do you still blame the players, or is it at a certain point that you look at the plays called, the players utilization, and the disipline instilled? Because all of those things fall on ....The Coaching staff.
That is a way different opinion that I 10000% agree with..for ME that is not same as blaming coaching for Rodgers fumble..

Before it gets lost

OUR S/T SUCKS AND NEED A NEW COACH

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For an offensive team to dictate a game, they should be able to run and pass effectively at will, setting the other team's defense back on their heels .....like a cheap hooker.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with others I learned three things today.

1. You can't rely on Aaron Rodgers for the running game
2. sometimes we put too many wideouts into the formation and give rodgers little time tot hrow
3. OL is still not blocking consistently.

We desperately need a game changing running back.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the schedules, Bears end up 10-6, Packers 11-5. How is that not playoffs?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with others I learned three things today.

1. You can't rely on Aaron Rodgers for the running game
2. sometimes we put too many wideouts into the formation and give rodgers little time tot hrow
3. OL is still not blocking consistently.

We desperately need a game changing running back.

New England and Indy dont have a game changing running back and they do fine. Tennessee has one and doesnt. Same with MN.

It would be nice to have the ultimate team but thats not possible. We can win with what we have, and without a top 5 RB in the league.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
New England and Indy dont have a game changing running back and they do fine. Tennessee has one and doesnt. Same with MN.

It would be nice to have the ultimate team but thats not possible. We can win with what we have, and without a top 5 RB in the league.
What's Indy's record this year?

Also:
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
145 att 627 yds 4.3 ypc 9 TD

Brandon Jackson
132 att 514 yds 3.9 ypc 3 TD

The Lawfirm is pretty good.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

THIS^^^

Guys, we lost a close one to the best team in the NFC thanks to a couple crucial mistakes on our part. We're not gonna win them all. It sucks, but it happens.

We're also not out of playoff contention either. The way some of you are sounding, our season is completely over and it's time to go home. Newsflash: It's not.

We took it to Atlanta. If you think about it, despite everything, they really didn't have much of an answer for us. We had ample opportunity to win that game, in their house, and we came up short against a very good football team. It was Chicago all over again. We avoid the turnover in the red zone, tackle better on 3rd and friggin 19 and tackle better on special teams, we win. The loss was more due to us making critical errors than it was Atlanta simply being the better team.

So let's relax a bit. There's still 5 games left of the season, and we've proven we're more than capable of winning all of them. We're not out of this thing yet. Not by a long shot.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, the fact that a team out of the NFC West is gonna win the division, make the playoffs, AND have a home game is gonna annoy me forever if the Packers miss the playoffs...

especially if their records is sub .500

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Ask the 2008 Patriots who missed the playoffs after finishing the season 11-5. Meanwhile, 8-8 San Diego made the playoffs and hosted a first round game.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our lack of a run game didn't lose us the game, we lost against a very good team. Games like this you have to play good on all phases of the game like with penalties, turnovers, St play. We had crucial mistakes and we lost. My hat goes out to the offence man they were lighing it up. Far as play offs I think we can make it if we okay mistake free or were going to continue to lose close ones. I also hope we can do something about our St play geez they were terrible against alanta.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not sure if anyone has mentioned this site or not, but <deleted> has some pretty interesting playoff statistics for the current season as well as a list of which teams to cheer for help the packer's chances. definitely worth looking at.

**** of here, troll. You spammed that crap on the NFC North boards starting in week friggin 3. No one appreciates your first and only post being spam. Go away.

clayconquersrome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
defense didn't give that away, our special teams was to blame, which has been horrible all year and every year since the Desmond Howard era... Playoffs are still wide open, we have to beat the giants, the bears, and the Lions for sure, 49ers would help too, Pats game isn't very important, luckily the Bears have the pats and the jets so they should lose at least two more, I really wish we went out and got a back when Grant went down or we would be at least 9-2.

Members online

Latest posts