1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

After this loss can we still make Playoffs

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Lunchboxer, Nov 28, 2010.

1. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17

I thought the same thing, until i looked at their schedule...

they're terrible against good teams and will lose to ATL, but they should win their next 3, i mean all of their wins have come against no one good...

They would normally lose to NO, but that game may end up being meaningless for the Saints...

2. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Next two weeks are critical for TB. They win both, they're in.

They win one, it could come down to the meaning of the NO game.

They lose both, they're done.

Don't forget...they were one yard away from winning at ATL

3. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Bares can easily lose the rest of their games while we go 12-4.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Still not worried, still see us going 12-4 or 11-5, which should be good for at least a wildcard spot.

But still see us winning the division.

5. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +152
    so were we :(

6. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +152
    Dont think they will lose to detorit but wouldnt be to surprised if they lose. I cant wait to cheer for BRETT FAVRE baby!!!!! I hope favre runs for 400yds and 5tds!

7. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    I guess it depends on how big of an "elite" umbrella you want to have. I consider elite to be the top few teams in the league and not a term used to describe the top 12 teams in the league.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Its what they do..

Everyone sucks now..

No one is any good on this team..Ted sucks, MM sucks, BJax, rodgers, Clay

they all suck

9. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    If you look at the situation, it's not unreasonable to wonder if we're going to make the Playoffs. We're not in the Playoffs as of now.

I haven't seen a "We suck" thread yet, but it's not a given that we make the Playoffs and it's okay to wonder out loud whether or not we will because it's a legitimate concern if you look at the Playoff picture.

10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    That's also true for every other team, even the ones who are currently in the playoffs if they started now. I honestly can't think of a single team I would say I feel rock solid about winning the SB right now. This has been a season of ups and downs for nearly every team. I don't see a "golden team" that is doing everything right all the time. Therefore, it could be anybody's game. I agree we also have to face the fact that not making the playofffs is a legitimate concern. I just think our chances are a little better than some other teams. think we will make the playoffs but we must play better if we hope to advance.

11. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    The key stat to me was Matt Ryan with that extremely long streak of completions. Almost all of them were really short. It's nice that we didn't give up the long pass play, but giving up 5 yards on seemingly every run or pass is killer.

12. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    According to longtime "Superfan" we are all fair weather fans if we question anything after a loss.

Whats funny is that he is putting all the blame for this game and loss on AROD, who, IMO played OUT of HIS F*ing MIND today minus the fumble.

crazy how peoples perspectives change in different threads.:boredom:

13. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    I assume this is supposed to be a mocking gesture at fair weather fans...

SOOOOOO

what are YOU saying in this other thread about Rodgers?

"...thats a Brett excuse

The coaches did not fumble the ball

Plain and simple..Coaches give players the play, players execute, Rodgers failed

so if Rodgers wouldnt have fumbled but they kicked a FG

Who wins?..."

crazy, cause it sounds like you are placing blame and questioning things like these "theys" that you talk about.

14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Luckily, the season doesn't end now. If it did, we're the 8 seed. And they only let 6 in. So that's not good.

But what is good is we have 2 NFC games coming up where we will be heavy favorites, and if we don't blow them, we'll be 9-4, tied with the Bears who get New England in 2 weeks.

Today doesn't matter anymore, nor does it mean we can't get a #2 seed.
    We win all the games we're favored in, lost our game at NE, and we win the division and get the 2 seed, which is great. It's all about how we play going forward. We should have learned some correctable lessons today.

But I don't think we can correct the special teams breakdowns.
    And I don't think we can correct the soft run blocking on short yardage situations.
    We're a finesse OL, and how can that be changed?

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,966

Let me make my self CLEAR

You told me I was WRONG with MY opinion
    , that pissed me off..To be honest that is why I am mocking you in some posts..Dont tell me my opinion is wrong and I would have let a few things go w/o a comment..

I personally can not fathom blaming coaches for when a player fumbles..Specially the q.b when PART of his job is to scramble and know how to hold onto a football...

I understand the play was wrong, I get that...But no where did I EVER say your opinion was wrong thinking it was wrong play..

Rodgers was PART of the blame...Show me where I said he deserved ALL of it??

Defense and s/t are MORE to blame than Rodgers..

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Your not fair weather at all..

But you did piss me off telling me my opinion was wrong

So answer the question

Rodgers doesnt fumble and we kick fg who wins?

17. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    Ok, then. What if two of the top few elite teams in the league play each other? Or is that not possible?

18. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +868
    I already answered this once. Scroll back for an answer.

Using your definition, it seems that there are no elite teams remaining as no one is undefeated. I believe that one can be elite, yet still lose games-- even important games, throughout the season.

It's just a label, of course. Doesn't mean anything. I'd rather be non-elite and holding the Lombardi trophy (Giants, 2008.) than be elite and not holding the trophy (Patriots, 2008.)

I also think that in this particular game, it took an elite-level team to be tied with the Falcons with 58 seconds to go. Not to shabby, imo.

Dude- I was disagreeing with your rather negative opinions on the capabilities and current status of the Packers. Not trying to "show you up" or anything. It's called debate.

Sheesh.

19. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Oh God. Fighting Over the Forums.

If the Playoffs started today. We would not be in. And Considering we got 2 tough games that lay ahead. Is Home Against the Giants and On the road to the Pats. I hope the Pats Beat the Bears and we win our game that week we would be tied again.

Winning the Division could come down to the last game against the bears, and if we make the playoffs.

20. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    wow you mad?

This season aint done yet

21. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +105
    You guys do realize that our record at this point last season was also 7-4, right?

22. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132
    c_mac friend,

How in the world can the Packers dictate the game without anything resembling a running game? Let us count our blessings. To paraphrase Churchill " Never have so few (the Packers with injuries), done so much."

23. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I actually believe that if we run the ball even LESS last game, we control the clock much better.

Each passing play was getting yardage, whereas almost each running play LOST yardage.

That toss to Jackson, if that play isn't there, even if Rodgers miss the pass, it's 3rd and 1, not 3rd and 7.

A quick passing game can be used to control the clock, when the passing game is working. And yesterday that was the case.

MM said that he didn't abandon the running game because half of his passing plays are based on PA. That was one of the most stupid comments I've ever seen. When he abandoned that notion, and started passing, GUESS WHAT OPENED UP? THE RUNNING GAME!

You can set up the run to pass, but you can do the other way around.

MM recognized it too late.

24. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    LOL! You are taking this WAY too serious, homey. It's football!

We lost, we are 7-4, I don't believe that makes us one of the top teams in the NFL. A good team? No doubt. Better than average? Sure. Playoff team? Very good possibility. One of the elites? No.

25. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    They can't, clearly.