After Seeing the latest part of the Fox Interview

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1. First thing in the morning, the Packers call TT and say "your gone"

2. The second call of the day goes to Brett Favre, asking him to come back and go against Rodgers for the starting job. (Which im sure he would win)

After seeing that, what kind of free agents, or other players are going to want to come play for TT? Its going to be a hell of a time trying to sign anyone if they feel they cant trust the GM.

BTW this is coming from someone who in the last few weeks has not been a Favre supporter. I have completely changed my mind. TT definitly drove out OUR QUARTERBACK. And its "bull" as Brett said.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OHHHHHHH SO BRETT FAVRE SAYS SO IT IS TRUE TRUE TRUE right he never lied huh. It's all rumor no need for the hub bub

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1. First thing in the morning, the Packers call TT and say "your gone"

2. The second call of the day goes to Brett Favre, asking him to come back and go against Rodgers for the starting job. (Which im sure he would win)

After seeing that, what kind of free agents, or other players are going to want to come play for TT? Its going to be a hell of a time trying to sign anyone if they feel they cant trust the GM.

BTW this is coming from someone who in the last few weeks has not been a Favre supporter. I have completely changed my mind. TT definitly drove out OUR QUARTERBACK. And its "bull" as Brett said.

Brett's a straight shooter, always has been and has admitted mistakes. TT is a talking head and politician like.

I tend to believe Brett a little more than TT, Sorry

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JUST Remember HE DOTH PROTEST TO MUCH

You think that Brett Favre is lying? Why would he? What motive does he have to lie? Brett is talking, you have no one else to believe. TT hasn't commented on it. If you dont believe Favre you are only going to believe what you are thinking.

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett's credibility is more than a little shot at this point though.

He told Peter King a couple of months ago that the packers organization in no way shape or form tried to pressure him to retire. PK still has the voicemail as evidence.

Now, he's saying they forced him out. Either the May brett or the July Brett was lying... and the May brett sure seemed more credible.

Not to mention the whole "It's just rumors" comment days before asking to be released.

Also, I'm perfectly fine with TT misleading Favre when Brett's trying to influence personnel decisions. Having him as GM would have bankrupted this team in short order.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reason to **** off as many people as he can to polarize the fan base. He may not be lying and expressing his Opinion.

So you would fire a GM who has built a 13-3 team in three THREEEEEEE YEARS over a QB who will only be available for 1-2 years???

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reason to **** off as many people as he can to polarize the fan base. He may not be lying and expressing his Opinion.

So you would fire a GM who has built a 13-3 team in three THREEEEEEE YEARS over a QB who will only be available for 1-2 years???

Yes, I would. That is why I made the comment about no free agents wanting to come and play for TT. Why would you want to play for someone that you dont think you can trust?

And as far as the "Favre influencing decisions" The quarterback is the leader on the team. Not to mention Favre is the captian. Im sure they went many times to Favre in the past and asked "what do you think of this, or that" That does not mean that Favre is going to have the "final Say" or make the decision. They just want his opinion. And what Favre said in his interview is that he just asked TT to look into things, and TT didn't follow through like he said that he would.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so lets recap.
As we all know there has been alot said and alot not said when it comes to this whole situation. I want to get the conversation going on the errors from both sides in this thing.
1) Communication. Brett and the Packers both dropped the ball on this one. The Packers failed in the terms of maybe not clearly and making sure Brett clearly understood the ramifacations of his retirement and subsequent waffling. Maybe MM and TT could have expressed to Brett that waffling would facilitate his loosing his starters status immediately if he so desired a return.
2) Bus Cook. Honest brokers are sometimes hard to find. Because of their long standing personal relationship Bus Cook may have overstepped in March and April. Even now he tends to be a cog in the process that wants to turn Brett away from the Packers.
3) Brett's immediate direction to media when he did not get the WOOOOHOOO BRETTS BACK from MM and TT. Brett should have given the Packers what he wanted initially TIME. Decisions like this are often hard and when you press people into corners they tend to push back. Brett and his surrogates overreached in their assesment that fan sentiment would automatically arrive in their corner.
4) Packers lack of media input. TT is notoriously slow and methodical in his response to situations. Javon Walker, Ryan Grant, Randy Moss ext. Fans tend to like info as soon as you can get it out. Now this goes back to communication. TT and MM have tried their best for the situation but have been slow to react.
5) Brett interview. Now just as the word impliews interview means a view inside. Brett blew an oppurtunity to CLEAR THE AIR. His intetion may have been as such but I think he let his anger (built from those close to him) cloud his judgement. I think every fan understands the dilemma that anyone goes through when retiring from something you love. However, withholding information or releasing snipits is just as bad as a lie. Instead of clearing it up it only hurts more feelings.
6) Both sides have missed oppurtunities to take the immediate high road. From slips in reporting Brett is welcome back as the back up. To Brett stating he doesnt need to compete.
7) Brett throwing people under the bus. This helps no one. It will not help Campen (who'e relationship with Brett is likely over) It will not help Brett. It will not help the Pack.

We as fans tend to passionate in our assesment of all sides. However I being guilty as well can tend to be harsher to the side I feel has done the most wrong. Brett I believe truly loves the Packers but has allowed his longstanding relationship and sense of entilement cloud his view of the big picture. TT has allowed his often bunker mentality to cloud his.

So they need to take the oppurtunity after the PHOF inductions to have a POW WOW and pass the peace pipe around and try to has it out as proffesionals men to men. AND BRETT LEAVE BUS AT HOME. the cook guy I mean. You need to help get the bus you threw off of TT and the organization.

I posted this hope I was fair on this

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang...I missed it. What did he say?

I wish I could find the transcript. In a nutshell, Favre described three situations where he felt Thompson was less than honest with him:

1. Favre asked Thompson to re-sign either Mike Wahle or Marco Rivera. Thompson agreed to do so. He didn't.

2. Favre asked Thompson to interview Steve Mariucci for the head coaching vacancy in 2005. Thompson agreed to do so. He didn't.

3. Favre lobbied hard for Thompson to sign Randy Moss last year. But when Thompson was asked by reporters about it afterwards, he denied that Favre had lobbied for Moss.

Maybe what happened in the first two cases was that Thompson was placating Favre so he wouldn't get mad, but then not following through on his word. Or maybe what happened was that Thompson was vague in his response to Favre, but Favre took it as a yes, so he later felt Thompson broke his promise.

I think #3 is more understandable, as Thompson probably just felt that Favre's lobbying for Moss should be kept in-house and not discussed in public.

I would like to hear Thompson's side of the story. If what Favre says is correct, Thompson could be accused of poor communication in the first two cases. Favre, on the other hand, could be accused of being either naive or manipulative in all three cases.

It's not unsual for veteran players, especially QB's, to have some input in the decisions of the coach or even the GM to some extent, but I think it happens at the coach or GM's discretion, since they rank higher. My guess is that Favre's lobbying in all three cases was not welcome because Thompson just didn't trust his judgment in such matters. I would be interested to find out what kind of input Favre had, if any, in Mike Sherman's decisions.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so lets recap.
As we all know there has been alot said and alot not said when it comes to this whole situation. I want to get the conversation going on the errors from both sides in this thing.
1) Communication. Brett and the Packers both dropped the ball on this one. The Packers failed in the terms of maybe not clearly and making sure Brett clearly understood the ramifacations of his retirement and subsequent waffling. Maybe MM and TT could have expressed to Brett that waffling would facilitate his loosing his starters status immediately if he so desired a return.
2) Bus Cook. Honest brokers are sometimes hard to find. Because of their long standing personal relationship Bus Cook may have overstepped in March and April. Even now he tends to be a cog in the process that wants to turn Brett away from the Packers.
3) Brett's immediate direction to media when he did not get the WOOOOHOOO BRETTS BACK from MM and TT. Brett should have given the Packers what he wanted initially TIME. Decisions like this are often hard and when you press people into corners they tend to push back. Brett and his surrogates overreached in their assesment that fan sentiment would automatically arrive in their corner.
4) Packers lack of media input. TT is notoriously slow and methodical in his response to situations. Javon Walker, Ryan Grant, Randy Moss ext. Fans tend to like info as soon as you can get it out. Now this goes back to communication. TT and MM have tried their best for the situation but have been slow to react.
5) Brett interview. Now just as the word impliews interview means a view inside. Brett blew an oppurtunity to CLEAR THE AIR. His intetion may have been as such but I think he let his anger (built from those close to him) cloud his judgement. I think every fan understands the dilemma that anyone goes through when retiring from something you love. However, withholding information or releasing snipits is just as bad as a lie. Instead of clearing it up it only hurts more feelings.
6) Both sides have missed oppurtunities to take the immediate high road. From slips in reporting Brett is welcome back as the back up. To Brett stating he doesnt need to compete.
7) Brett throwing people under the bus. This helps no one. It will not help Campen (who'e relationship with Brett is likely over) It will not help Brett. It will not help the Pack.

We as fans tend to passionate in our assesment of all sides. However I being guilty as well can tend to be harsher to the side I feel has done the most wrong. Brett I believe truly loves the Packers but has allowed his longstanding relationship and sense of entilement cloud his view of the big picture. TT has allowed his often bunker mentality to cloud his.

So they need to take the oppurtunity after the PHOF inductions to have a POW WOW and pass the peace pipe around and try to has it out as proffesionals men to men. AND BRETT LEAVE BUS AT HOME. the cook guy I mean. You need to help get the bus you threw off of TT and the organization.

I posted this hope I was fair on this

I was agreeing on this until theses parts

Brett interview. Now just as the word impliews interview means a view inside. Brett blew an oppurtunity to CLEAR THE AIR. His intetion may have been as such but I think he let his anger (built from those close to him) cloud his judgement. I think every fan understands the dilemma that anyone goes through when retiring from something you love. However, withholding information or releasing snipits is just as bad as a lie. Instead of clearing it up it only hurts more feelings.

He said what he was thinking, so what? Being the Packers do not want him back, he has no responsibility to tow the company line.

Brett throwing people under the bus. This helps no one. It will not help Campen (who'e relationship with Brett is likely over) It will not help Brett. It will not help the Pack.

Who did he throw under the bus? He spoke of his conversation with Campen. So telling the truth is throwing him under the bus?

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Brett are you getting dumber by the day ... as your stating for the past weeks you want to be the starting QB ... well it`s not up to the starting qb to decide who gets signed or not ... no matter what TT is the manager and it`s his word over yours no matter who you are ... If you want to sign people then just apply for a gm position and stop *****ing for everything

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who did he throw under the bus? He spoke of his conversation with Campen. So telling the truth is throwing him under the bus?
In this case, you better believe it is. Revealing the contents of a private conversation when they could be damaging to the other party is one of the worst things you can do. Many business relationships, friendships, marriages, etc. have been destroyed by exactly this behavior.

It's interesting that Fox never did broadcast that part of the interview. But it has become available online.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
In this case, you better believe it is. Revealing the contents of a private conversation when they could be damaging to the other party is one of the worst things you can do. Many business relationships, friendships, marriages, etc. have been destroyed by exactly this behavior.

It's interesting that Fox never did broadcast that part of the interview. But it has become available online.

You mean like TT/MM discussing the phone conversation they had with Brett in March?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:

You mean like TT/MM discussing the phone conversation they had with Brett in March?

well its one thing to say i talked to so and so..

its another to almost quote word for word what was said..or am i wrong?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:

I don't think that falls into the same category. That was not a private conversation, it was team business. What Campen said to Favre, on the other hand, was a personal suggestion and was obviously not team business. The Packers and every one of Campen's future employers will now have doubts about his loyalty. That's the thanks he gets for being honest with Favre in a man-to-man conversation.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:

I don't think that falls into the same category. That was not a private conversation, it was team business. What Campen said to Favre, on the other hand, was a personal suggestion and was obviously not team business. The Packers and every one of Campen's future employers will now have doubts about his loyalty. That's the thanks he gets for being honest with Favre in a man-to-man conversation.

Say what? It's all TEAM BUISNESS. Nothing personal was said. Ted had a PRIVATE discussion with Brett, which he told to the media. Brett had a PRIVATE discussion with Campen, which he told to the media.

I fail to see the difference. Splitting hairs here?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:

Say what? It's all TEAM BUISNESS. Nothing personal was said. Ted had a PRIVATE discussion with Brett, which he told to the media. Brett had a PRIVATE discussion with Campen, which he told to the media.

When a player tells you that he wants to come out of retirement, and you then make arrangements to officially announce that the player is coming out of retirement, that is team business. Campen, on the other hand, said what he said strictly as a personal suggestion to Favre.

Why am I explaining this? I need to get to bed.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:

When a player tells you that he wants to come out of retirement, and you then make arrangements to officially announce that the player is coming out of retirement, that is team business. Campen, on the other hand, said what he said strictly as a personal suggestion to Favre.

Why am I explaining this? I need to get to bed.

Yet this just came out why?

You know why because it was PERSONAL until Ted felt the need to start slingin mud. If not, we would have heard about it long ago

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
JUST Remember HE DOTH PROTEST TO MUCH

You think that Brett Favre is lying? Why would he? What motive does he have to lie? Brett is talking, you have no one else to believe. TT hasn't commented on it. If you dont believe Favre you are only going to believe what you are thinking.

He did lie when he said it was all rumor. Remember that statement.

None the less under you proposed plan who be the new GM.

I think a good choice to keep peace would be Brett Favre cause from what I can tell that's kind of what he was trying to do. He was telling Thompson who to sign and who to interview for head coach.

That's ridiculous on his part.

On the flip side Thompson shouldn't of mislead Favre.

Once again two sides to this story and really there is no side. All I see is two people who have clearly done a poor job of handling this situation.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again two sides to this story and really there is no side. All I see is two people who have clearly done a poor job of handling this situation.

That the direction I am starting to lean.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts