after a night of restless sleep this is what i've come up with

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a true diehard fan, well as die hard a 30 year old can be i have decided that this is the worst loss i have seen. I salute those who have gone through the 80's and watched the packers and we will throw in the 70's too. With that being said i have finally come up with my new years resolution; i will no longer put my heart and soul into something in which i have no control over i.e. the packers. It pains me to say it but i believe i can and will turn a page and turn into an everyday fan and just thumb through the scores during the day and will not waste a sunday in making sure i will watch football. This loss was just too heartbreaking and i won't do it again.

D

Dan115

maybe good for your health. I wish sometimes I could but after 54 years of living and dying with this team I am afraid I am addicted to the Packers.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe good for your health. I wish sometimes I could but after 54 years of living and dying with this team I am afraid I am addicted to the Packers.
There are no words to describe yesterday's debacle and it is worrisome that the window of opportunity is getting smaller each year. But the bottom line is that we have (and are very fortunate to have) a team of great guys, Bostick included. They are stand-up and classy guys, they play hard, they stay out of trouble, they are well spoken and are not a bunch of low class mouthy jerks. And best of all, they are loaded with talent and led by the greatest quarterback in the game. Therein lies the hope.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad I had enough alcohol in my system to knock me out enough to help me "sleep" throughout the night!

Last edited:

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give it time.

I had the same thoughts last night. I could stand to take a less vested interest as well.

I just feel like the packers are part of my life, which is why these games sting more.

On the other hand, it is also what separates us from teams like the hawks, whose fan base started leaving then tried to all come back into the stadium.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other hand, it is also what separates us from teams like the hawks, whose fan base started leaving then tried to all come back into the stadium.

LOL miracles do happen and they missed out on that opportunity to witness one of the rare "come from behind" wins in NFL history in a Championship game. I'm still at a lost for words!

Sky King

Reaction score
I have had the privilege to have experienced seven of the thirteen Championships. And, of course, that means that I experienced the long drought between then and SB XXI. I thought that XXXII was hard to take because we were a virtual shoo-in to win that one, per the "experts," and fell just short.

But for me, this was far, far worse. Anytime your team is on the wrong end of the iconic NFL playoff collapse of all time, your team and it's fans are bound to carry that stigma with them forever. It's a list you never want your team to be on, let alone to sit at the very top.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I've had similar thoughts, but I can't just stop caring. I'll live with the sadness, shock, confusion even anger...Cause when they win the big one...and they will win it again cause this organization and fan base cares too much about winning. It will be completely worth sticking by the team through all the bad times.

I'd be willing to bet you'll be watching the pack excited as hell opening sunday next september.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will continue to watch the Packers but I will EXPECT no more Super Bowls under MM. This coaching staff is good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to win it all. 2010 was obviously a fluke. If you can't win a big game when you get 5 turnovers and a 16 point second half lead, you will never win it. I expect Rodgers will retire with 1 SB win just like Favre and Manning. I hope I am wrong.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I will continue to watch the Packers but I will EXPECT no more Super Bowls under MM. This coaching staff is good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to win it all. 2010 was obviously a fluke. If you can't win a big game when you get 5 turnovers and a 16 point second half lead, you will never win it. I expect Rodgers will retire with 1 SB win just like Favre and Manning. I hope I am wrong.

What's funny, is if we don't lose in such epic fashion i really do think people are more optimistic...many people said the same thing you're saying 9 days ago if we lose to Dallas. After that win many people are saying "thank goodness this team proved it can win a) a playoff game at lambeau b) beat a very good football team in the playoffs.

If we get blown out I think we'd be questioning how good this football team is. BUT I REALLY DO BELIEVE that if we play a good game and lose in a different fashion..lets say hypothetically seattle was in control the whole game, and we had a few chances to win but their Defense was too much to overcome. We wouldn't be saying things like "this team will never win with MM" "Rodgers will have one SB ring."

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the way they blew it...I agree the coaching and players are showing that the SB win was more of a fluke...but we can't let the way they lost completely impair our judgement. I really believe if we lose in less stunning fashion people wouldn't be calling the SB a fluke. Its getting harder to argue that point however, I do have to admit it.

America's team #9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on guys, don't just give up on your team like that. They are one of the best in the NFC. Being a Cowboys fan since I was born, I know sadness at losing lol. We had you guys and took the foot off the gas near the end and lost. Even tho it sucked I'll still buy jerseys and root for Romo and the boys all the same. I guess my point is never give up on your team!

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am in no way giving up on them, and maybe your right come next september i may be watching them intently with optimism but for now thats a far off thought. and i will agree with you dbain in that it makes if much more difficult to wrap my head around the fact that we had the game all but won, and the stinging wouldnt be as bad if we got blown out.

Sky King

Reaction score
This may be closer to the truth than some would care to admit -- the coaching not quite good enough part, that is.

But I have a slightly different expectation that had evolved from enduring the Great Depression of Packer football that came between SBs II & XXXI. At some point during the Infanti era I greatly envied the Miami Dolphins because they had enjoyed such a long period of winning seasons under Shula that featured Marino at that time. I wished that the Packers could go on such a long run. I reasoned that at least if a team makes the playoffs they have a shot at a fluke victory. It beats the alternative of none and done. Well I got my wish and it also included another two SB victories so, I don't want to seem like an ingrate.

But I have to agree that the Packer coaching staff may have plateaued. Hopefully not, but its starting to look that way.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am taking a wait and see approach as of now. I am devastated without question but as I have said in a few threads today I am still proud of the season our boys had. I have been calling for SS to lose his job as ST Coordinator for years now and I am very interested to see if this cat truly does have 9 lives. You are playing a gambling, nothing to lose coach at that point in the game and to not be expecting a possible fake is just beyond me. I want to see what if any players we add via free agency. I want to see what Teddy can come up with in the draft. I want to see how the Cobb contract ends up and pray 18 is still in G and G come next season and many beyond. I am really jacked about our O-Line next year and think they have a great chance of becoming the absolute best in the league. Richard Rodgers made some huge catches for us in the SEA game knowing a big shot was coming and he answered the bell every time. I like his future. I expect us to bring back Raji for a similar contract he signed this last, lost season. He should be highly motivated and well aware that he is running our of chances at the big payday. If he can play at a high level our D will be vastly improved. I can't wait to see Dix and Morgan continue to grow and mature. Say what you will about yesterday but I think the safety position will be one of strength for years to come. Abby and Janis are guys that can hopefully contribute next year and I am very interested to see how the Lyerla thing pans out. I guess my point is we have a lot to look forward to and so long as I see Coach Mike make a few changes and concede the fact that change is necessary I believe in my heart we can and will win the title next year. It is very hard to make rational assessments in the heat of the moment and I just hope that all the "coach sucks" and "Bostick must die" nonsense will dissipate with time. I am not happy with some of the play calling like many of you are but I think coach has done a nice job so far and I may be in the minority in saying that I fully support him as the right guy to lead this team, but I do. If and when we win the title next year I wonder if winning 2 titles in 6 years will buy him any room for error with some of you. If we fall flat next year I may have a change of heart but right now my approach is simple. Wait and See...

G P G!!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
There are no words to describe yesterday's debacle and it is worrisome that the window of opportunity is getting smaller each year. But the bottom line is that we have (and are very fortunate to have) a team of great guys, Bostick included. They are stand-up and classy guys, they play hard, they stay out of trouble, they are well spoken and are not a bunch of low class mouthy jerks. And best of all, they are loaded with talent and led by the greatest quarterback in the game. Therein lies the hope.

Superior post, MadCat.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you. Well thought out, spot on and best of all...truth. I like your style catdaddy.

Reaction score
I'm sick over this loss, not even so much as a fan. It sucked but I've seen this team win twice in my lifetime, which is more than fans of most teams can say. I would have loved to win obviously and the loss hurt, but I'll get over it. What I really feel for are the players. The players that weren't here in 2010. I feel bad for Cobb, I feel bad for Lacy, and all the others who were robbed of their first Super Bowl appearance. I feel bad for Aaron who should be prepping for his second super bowl today. We have our whole lives to be fans and watch our team compete for a title, but A football career is short, and who knows how many opportunities some of these guys will have to get back there. It's rare to have a chance as golden as Sunday to clinch a Super Bowl appearance, and it's a shame it ended that way.

Packerinmissouri

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I woke up this morning, I was thinking more clearly. It was a heck of a season and I had fun watching it unfold. And really, no one(not even me) gave us a shot in hell to compete, let alone win. I was very impressed with the way we played.....until we let off the gas. Yea, this one is gonna sting for a long time, but i'm over the what-ifs and shoulda beens. Im already thinking about next season! I'm currently saving up to go to Lambeau for my first time next season. We'll be back next year! Go Pack Go!

America's team #9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping to go see my boys play in Lambeau this next season and get some payback. Always a good game to watch two class act teams play one another. Letting go of that loss is gonna be tough for a lot of you, but if a Cowboys fan can get over the defeat of my team by your Pack so can you guys!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a true diehard fan, well as die hard a 30 year old can be i have decided that this is the worst loss i have seen. I salute those who have gone through the 80's and watched the packers and we will throw in the 70's too. With that being said i have finally come up with my new years resolution; i will no longer put my heart and soul into something in which i have no control over i.e. the packers. It pains me to say it but i believe i can and will turn a page and turn into an everyday fan and just thumb through the scores during the day and will not waste a sunday in making sure i will watch football. This loss was just too heartbreaking and i won't do it again.

The one thing you can say about the 70's and 80's teams was, at least, there were no expectations. As a Brewer fan I have low expectations of them. Therefore their collapse last year did not surprise me nor was it really painful for me to watch unfold.

The scary thing about what happened yesterday is that you never know how long it will take to get back. The Packers went 29 years without going to a Super Bowl. I was 14 when I saw their first Super Bowl win, I was 28 when I saw the next. Will I see one next year? In my 40's? 60's? Again in my lifetime? I have no idea, and no one does. If all teams were equal, your team is going to win a Super Bowl on an average once every 32 years. So it's not the loss that hurts. It's climbing that mountain, and just when you're about to take that last step, slipping and falling all the way back down. And then having to start all over and not knowing how long it's going to take you to get back.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am very interested to see how the Lyerla thing pans out.

The Packers reached an injury settlement with Lyerla after training camp. He was arrested two weeks later for DUI, he will for sure not be back for next season.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
For several years I took a break from caring about the team to an obsessive degree. The last several years I've been a bit too obsessed with it.

I think I'll just become a casual nfl fan.

I lay the cause of this pathetic display squarely at MM's door. His arrogance afterwords in defending his foolish play calling was enough for me.

After all, it is rather foolish to holler at your computer monitor for three hours.

Members online

Latest posts