Adrian Peterson lashes out at NFL owners

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
In the moments after the NFL players’ union decertified on Friday, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson had harsh words for NFL owners, ripping them for their refusal to open the books. “It’s like . . . ‘Well, show us.’ We want more information, and they want to bull****, going around, saying this and that, just…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should've kept his mouth shut.

"It's modern-day slavery". Oh yes, poor multi-millionaire slave! Someone give him bread and water, cause otherwise he might starve!

Owners are greedy pigs but the players are getting on my nerves with this BS.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what a d!ck. the players with this attitude should be forced to work regular 9 to 5 jobs. give me a break, as if i needed a reason to hate the vikings even more. poor attitude, no gratitude.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This further proves that some modern-day athletes are absolutely ignorant. I am not black, but even black people should be furious with this comment. Peterson gets paid millions to work, higher than probably 80% of working Americans, and he thinks its slavery? People who work two jobs at $7.50 an hour is closer to slavery. Pure ignorance and stupidity.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Peterson gets paid millions to work, higher than probably 80% of working Americans, and he thinks its slavery?
More like 98% of working Americans. Reminds me of people who use ****** in arguments. Unless the person you are talking about has killed millions upon millions of innocent people, they should find another example. And AP unwittingly diminishes the horrors of slavery with his comment.

AP has been hanging out with Charlie Sheen methinks.
No, that can't be. One thing we know the Vikings are not about is 'winning!' :icon_mrgreen:

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gave him credit with the 80%, but you are probably closer. These guys think that they are victims. He probably has never worked a real job a day in his life. I give Kurt Warner credit, he worked in a grocery store until he got his shot in the NFL. AP is a joke.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He must be seeing the hopelessness of his future... as long as he's a Viking, he's got years of losing ahead of him... maybe he's trying to pull a Moss and get out of there.

It's ridiculous statements like this that make me hate the players. Most of my hatred during this "lockout" has been for Drew Brees, but now Peterson can enter the conversation.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if ANY of these NFL stars would be able to maintain the lifestyle they are use to now on our meager salaries/hourly wages. I don't think so. AP has a choice... if he doesn't like the 'modern-day slavery' he is in, then he should quit if he has it so bad. The thing about slavery is that slaves don't have the choice to quit, not do they live in luxury by carrying a ball over a white line for point. AP has lost some of my respect.

I'm to the point of saying, 'screw professional football.' Semi-Pro ball is starting up with tryouts and practice. There is Arena League Football on now. Come Fall you can always hit the local high school on Friday night and watch kids play for the love of the game, or sit down on Saturday and enjoy some college ball.

Just my .02 cents....

~Val

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if ANY of these NFL stars would be able to maintain the lifestyle they are use to now on our meager salaries/hourly wages. I don't think so. AP has a choice... if he doesn't like the 'modern-day slavery' he is in, then he should quit if he has it so bad. The thing about slavery is that slaves don't have the choice to quit, not do they live in luxury by carrying a ball over a white line for point. AP has lost some of my respect.

I'm to the point of saying, 'screw professional football.' Semi-Pro ball is starting up with tryouts and practice. There is Arena League Football on now. Come Fall you can always hit the local high school on Friday night and watch kids play for the love of the game, or sit down on Saturday and enjoy some college ball.

Just my .02 cents....

~Val
I mean this not as an offense, but actually as a compliment.

If I was a Vikings fan, I would quit watching football if there wasn't a season. Flat out quit.
You guys endure too much, not winning, an egocentric owner (true, not a la JJ or Snyder, but still), and one of the most disfunctional organizations in football. Plus the constant teasing of very good teams losing in freakish ways.
Sure, a lot of your fans DESERVE this, with their lunacy of conspiracy theories, constant whining and delusions of fabricated greatness (though that may be a byproduct of enduring through all the forementioned).

But the few of you that are actually intelligent, educated fans, it must be freaking hell to endure all this. Sure, it's not the Lions, but still.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said, when I've heard that AP lashed out against the lockout thing, that "$10 says that AP would compare this current situation to slavery". Lo and behold,

"It’s modern-day slavery, you know?"

Geez, what is it with multimillionaires talking about slavery when they're not getting paid millions? I've heard plenty of people retort to others who said that LeBron James is wrong to go to the Miami Heat with "Slavery was abolished in the 1860s". Then Albert Haynesworth complained about slavery when he wasn't offered a $100-million contract. Do they not even know what slavery is?

Most of my hatred during this "lockout" has been for Drew Brees.

One question... Why do you hate Drew Brees?

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a little saying that I find to be all too true, "You don't know what you have until it's gone." I personally believe any pro sport player that thinks the way AP does and thinks that they are not treated fairly needs to be put in their place. It is not a right to play a sport for millions of dollars, it's a privilege. Being able to make a living by playing a sport is a privilege. I know they work their tails off to be in the position they are in but, they still get paid to do what so many people in the world love to do for just plain fun. Millions of people across the world get together with friends everyday just to play a little ball or play some catch. Millions of people work their butts off everyday just to barely survive and millions more a loosing that battle. I don't want to see football come to a stop but I tell you one thing, I have spent my last dime on anything NFL related. I will just be content wearing the apparel I currently own and watching games at bars. Screw AP and Screw the players association. Giving more revenues to the current players will not make the game any better for fans to watch. If they give the money to the owners, at least there is a chance that they will put the money to good use like upgrades to the stadiums, better coaches, and better practice facilities. The game is revenue driven from the fans and the advertisers that rely on the fans to watch. Not because some player got a 10 million dollar bonus on top of his 7 million dollars he made the past year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had no idea that whips and chains were used in training camp!
Oh wait.
I'm thinking of our bedroom and last night again.
Carry on.

Members online

Latest posts