Adrian Peterson Could Now Fall And Slip To US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heisman Trophy hopeful Adrian Peterson broke his collarbone on a dive into the end zone Saturday, and the Oklahoma star running back will miss the rest of the regular season.

Peterson was injured on his last carry of the game -- a 53-yard scoring run with about 6:40 remaining that completed the 23rd-ranked Sooners' 34-9 win over Iowa State.

Peterson ran for 183 yards and two touchdowns.

Peterson, a junior, who has 1,030 yards this season and entered the weekend as the nation's fourth-leading rusher, was second in Heisman voting as a freshman. He was playing for the first time in years before his father, who had spent about eight years in federal prison for money laundering.

"Just diving into the end zone and when he landed, he landed wrong," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. "At this point it looks like the best thing, the earliest he would be ready to play, would be a bowl game."

Will This injury affect his stock at all ??? and could he possible fall into our laps because he was expected to go very high and we might not have super high pick. He said he was going to enter the draft, i still think he will because he will still go pretty high.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Adrian Peterson Could Now Fall And Slip To US!!!!!!!!!!!

If he thinks he'll fall, he might stay for senior year. Who knows, though.

I wouldn't mind having him :lol:

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol a broken collarbone won't affect his stock unless teams think he is injury prone.. and he is injury prone.

But I'm wondering, how the hell will a broken collarbone make him miss the rest of the regular season? It's completely healed within a month.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw, I have broken my collarbone 3 times, I was back in full duty after a week, the first time it took 4 days, but I'm like wolverine, I'm a fast healer.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
GakkofNorway said:
btw, I have broken my collarbone 3 times, I was back in full duty after a week, the first time it took 4 days, but I'm like wolverine, I'm a fast healer.

your injury was likely a lot more minor than his, seeing as he gets amazing treatment and it will take him weeks to recover when yours took 3 days

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
then you either didn't have a broken collarbone or are lieing about how long it took you. When a soon to be proffesional athlete wil be out for 6+ weeks with an injury and you claim you had the same injury and it took you 4 days to recover somethings got to give

you missed my point, I didn't say I played football after 4 days, I was in duty after 4 days, the point was that this is a minor injury and won't cause him to fall a single spot in the draft unless teams view him as injury prone.

and x-rays don't lie little bro

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Broken Collarbone won't hurt his stock one bit. He'll be healthy in time for workouts. He might even play in the Bowl game.

Just don't get your hopes up. Only way Peterson is a Packers is if GB continues to stink it up.

That's the Pack's only hope and to be honest it could happen but I see Houston being ahead of Green Bay right now.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope his stock doesnt drop. I'd hate for the packers to wast a pick on him. NFL running backs = very replaceable.

Remember all the Reggie Bush was as good as Barry Sanders talk leading up to the draft. Lol, not even close. He doesnt move like Barry. Doesnt elude tacklers like Barry. On every single play, Barry eluded at least 2 guys, most times 4 or 5 guys. Reggie cant even run away from half way decent linebackers. And Reggie was the most highly touted RB that ive seen in 16 years as a football fan.

Peterson reminds me alot of the A-Train, Anhtony Thomas from Michigan. In my opinion it is just too great of an investment for a guy who isnt going to be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade from what we can get really cheap in free agency. I'd rather get a stud corner back, stud defensive lineman, stud tight end or Brady Quinn since im a Notre Dame fan. Those are the positions that will make a difference, not a "flashy running back".

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh, I didn't know he was flashy. Last time I checked, he just runs everyone over.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Reggie Bush has made so many things possible for the Saints it's not even funny. Him just being on the field takes so much pressure off of all the other guys.

Just using him as a decoy paves the way for big runs by McAllister or easy throws for Brees. Not to mention the fact that he's a great receiving threat.

Just because Bush isn't putting up 100+ yards a game doesn't mean he's not helping his team out in a very big way.

But back on topic, Adrian Peterson's injury history scares me. He's strong, powerful, the prototype running back, some might say.... but he gets hurt. I guess nobody is perfect.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
um...unless i'm missing something, it's not looking like the pack will have a high pick, so i doubt peterson "falling to us" is an issue.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Joe Schad, of ESPN.com, reports Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson expects RB Adrian Peterson (collarbone) to enter the 2007 NFL Draft. Wilson believes Peterson would be among the top four picks in the next draft and added, "I have always thought that this was Adrian's last year. And why wouldn't it be? He stands to make a boatload of money. He has done everything we've ever asked of him here." The junior running back broke his collarbone Saturday, Oct. 14 and will miss the rest of the 2006 season. Peterson has said only a "major" injury would bring him back to the school for his senior season. Wilson added, "This is not what I would consider a 'major' injury. His NFL career will in no way be affected by this. He's going to be a very high draft choice. I mean, don't you think?"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts