1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Adrian Peterson breaks single game rushing record

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by IronMan, Nov 4, 2007.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    296 yards. WOW.

2. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He is freaking incredible. I told you LT should take lessons from him! :)

3. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know we're all excited but even I couldn't ignore what this kid is doing. Other then Brady (and Favre) I'd say he's the MVP if your talking most valuable. What would the Vike's be without him

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The kid is insane. rookie of the year, maybe MVP at this rate if you give the award to the truly most VALUABLE player and not the most famous or popular.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    So we know......to stop the Vikings, all we have to do is stop Peterson. Not easy to do, but i bet we can do it.

6. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

7. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    -- Adrian Peterson raced to the NFL's single-game rushing record at the midpoint of his rookie season.

-- He topped 200 yards rushing for the second time in one season, a feat no other rookie has accomplished.

-- He reached 1,036 yards rushing for the season, putting him on pace to smash Eric Dickerson's rookie record of 1,808 yards set in 1983. Dickerson's all-time record of 2,105 yards in 1984 is in reach, too.

Even Adrian Peterson's testicles have muscles to make him run faster.
    :D

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Uh......how exactly do you "work out" those muscles???? :wink: :lol:

9. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The sick thing is he would have broken that last one if it wasn't for the horse collar tackle. That would have been an additional 60 yards. Another 25 yards were called back on penalties.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I would have liked to see him get 4 more yards........300 even would have been nice.
    Hopefully the workout he had this week will have him all pooped out for next week! :wink: :D

11. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yikes. I forgot we were playing him next week. I am officially scared.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well........i think our D will do ok. You won't hold him to no yards, but if we can keep him from the big runs we will be OK. Plus, we DO have a decent QB and some WR's that are pretty good. :wink:

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Vikes. I was looking for those stats and glad you had them. Dickerson was kind of a jerk, so I'd be happy for AP to beat Dickerson's records.

14. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I was actually rooting for Peterson to get the ball and run like crazy. He's fun to watch. I can't recall a RB that I liked to watch since Barry Sanders.

15. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    i believe we did ok against him already. I will be there and if need be, I will tackle him

16. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bwaahaaa....Tripp, I would give some serious money to see that attempt! :D

17. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    GB did very well against him the first time. THey held him to 100 yards in the first half and 2 rushes in the second half.

18. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

That just makes me want to curl up in my bed and mutter "can't sleep, or AP will run over me.... can't sleep, or AP will run over me".

It seems like Mr. Burns has finally clued in on what most of us where thinking for a while "give AP the ball 25-30 times, and the Vikings will cause teams fits".

Here's hoping that Childress has a brain fart like he did in the second half of our last meeting... I don't envy the Packers' coaches trying to game plan on how to stop Peterson.

19. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    See? I told ya!

Actually, he broke off one decent run in the first half, other than that he didn't do much. Could have been a good pass for all we care. I believe he went from his 5 to about the 50 or so. No points.

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Heck Trippster..........all you gotta do is stand in the MIDDLE of the field.........by the time Peterson runs AROUND you, he will be tired out and EASY for the Packers to tackle!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: