Adrian Peterson AKA "All DAY" VS Marshawn Lynch

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would go with lynch ... lynch and peterson are both great but considering our team is more of a passing team ... lynch being a better receiver then peterson would fit better in our team

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Lynch is probably a better fit for the zone blocking scheme. He's also a better receiver. Lynch is the better fit for the Packers but Peterson has potential to be a special player. He's has more talent and is a solid RB prospect. I would go with AP but I don't believe he will be on the board when we select.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson may be better overall but as you and others have said I think Lynch may be a better fit. But if they were both on the board would we have to take Peterson or would we go with someone who should fit better in GB.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imo its Peterson by a wide margin. Lynch is a VERY nice back, Peterson has the look of a future hall of famer.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch is a good athlete but i dont like how he comes across in interviews, he seems very cocky, and not so intelligent. I think our offense needs a workhorse back like AP.

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it came down to it....I'd draft Marshawn Lynch, his durability is what I like, & AP's injury scares me. Marshawn Lynch has back to back 1200+ yard seasons with 19 rush tds between the two. On top of that, he has great hands out of the backfield, this year he hauled in 31 catches for 300+ yds, and 4 tds. Lynch also has blazing speed, nearly a 4.3 and has that quick strike-playmaker ability that the Packers most desperately need. His style would also be great for our ZBS unlike Adrian's style, which is more suited for a standard blocking scheme. Marshawn has also proved his durability by playing in nearly every game, and acquiring two years of 200 rushes or more. The one thing I dislike about Marshawn, is the way he appears to me off the field. He seems very much like a thug and un-intelligent. As stated above ^, he seems very full of himself and I dont like that in a player.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C-Mize said:
If it came down to it....I'd draft Marshawn Lynch, his durability is what I like, & AP's injury scares me. Marshawn Lynch has back to back 1200+ yard seasons with 19 rush tds between the two. On top of that, he has great hands out of the backfield, this year he hauled in 31 catches for 300+ yds, and 4 tds. Lynch also has blazing speed, nearly a 4.3 and has that quick strike-playmaker ability that the Packers most desperately need. His style would also be great for our ZBS unlike Adrian's style, which is more suited for a standard blocking scheme. Marshawn has also proved his durability by playing in nearly every game, and acquiring two years of 200 rushes or more. The one thing I dislike about Marshawn, is the way he appears to me off the field. He seems very much like a thug and un-intelligent. As stated above ^, he seems very full of himself and I dont like that in a player.

I agree with all you say, i just read some interviews over at si.com with Lynch and it seems like hes basically a clone of Chad Johnson personality wise.. he even has the gold teeth!

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point its not going to matter because now that were up to 7 wins there's basically no way AP will fall to us
Probably not, Im hoping my guys take him at #2. That being said, Marshawn Lynch will be a very good nfl back with the upside to be great. I wouldnt be upset if a team of mine got a prospect the caliber of Marshawn Lynch.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson has injury issues and may not be on the board by the time the Packers draft at #16. Both could be off the board before the packers select.

A choice between the 2 is unlikely for the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts