Adrian Peterson’s agent: Don’t take slavery quote out of context

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson may not even know yet what a stir his comments created on Tuesday. When his remarks comparing NFL players to “modern-day slavery” were first published,* Peterson was traveling to Africa as part of a Starkey Hearing Foundation mission. It’s worth noting that trip is typical behavior for Peterson, a player…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Don’t' you just hate it when someone says, 'don't take that out of context' and then doesn't provide the context that supposedly changes the meaning of what was said? The agent actually said, "People should not just take his statements per se word by word." Well that's not an issue of context, is it? Instead he's telling us not to pay attention to the words AP actually uses - even if he uses them twice. My question for the agent is, should we ignore the words you actually use, too?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
LOL, tell that to a human resource director. AP made a huge blunder, a racial slur, and a measurement of his decision making, let him suffer the consequences.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
As was pointed out in the article, AP repeated the comment a second time, so I have to ask the question that is begging to be asked: as to which of the two separate times he made the same stupid comment, which one are we not to take out of context?
Come on Adrian, take ownership of your stupidity. We each make mistakes, but don't insult my intelligence by somehow implying these comments were taken out of context and don't put it on your agent to try to "spin" it all away and make it better. Man up!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I love how anytime anybody says anything totally stupid, the apologists say we just took it out of context.

Members online

Latest posts