Adopt a Packer (Interest?)

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't want to get anyone to excited, but I am tossing the idea around of getting an adopt a Packer program started that people can set with a drop down option in their profile. The app would grab a head shot and some stats about the player and display it in your signature automatically.

Is there interest for a feature like this?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
LOL! So not where I thought the title was going!

Great idea though! Dibbs on DD!!! heheheee... well seeing as though there are x amount of Packers, and countless fans,..of course there will be plenty of duplicates.!
It will be fun to see how many of each player racks up.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
LOL! So not where I thought the title was going!

Great idea though! Dibbs on DD!!! heheheee... well seeing as though there are x amount of Packers, and countless fans,..of course there will be plenty of duplicates.!
It will be fun to see how many of each player racks up.
Haha, the way I've seen it done on other forums, I don't think multiple people can adopt the same player.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
ahhhhh well then what?? Duels??:duel: fisticuffs?!?! :club:lol!!

I have no idea how this works!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I call Matthews

I challenge you to a duel!!! And whoever called Aaron. Well guess I can't have both. Matthews wins! Prepare for battle, Ivo!!!

This is a GREAT idea Rob!!! How would you work the logistics? Can we share a player or do you want to watch Ivo and engage in a sword fight? LOL. Maybe give each member a week/ month with said player and then switch off. I think at some point they would have to be shared. The roster is simply not large enough to accommodate all forum members. Maybe a contest to get a player you want? Arcade tournie, quiz, trivia? Just throwing some ideas out there.

I love this with all four paws!!!

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never really liked the idea of only one person able to adopt a single player. With close to 6k registered accounts, we will need to have the ability for multiple people to adopt the same player. (we will just pretend cloning is possible in this thing we call the Internet :))

Okay, getting to work on this...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never really liked the idea of only one person able to adopt a single player. With close to 6k registered accounts, we will need to have the ability for multiple people to adopt the same player. (we will just pretend cloning is possible in this thing we call the Internet :))

Okay, getting to work on this...

Dang, I was looking forward to a good duel!!! ;)

Cant even get enough for the one I am waiting to play in and now you want to make a new one?

You a hoot!

I have a Tetris one open that so far nobody has entered. I guess nobody wants to mess with my 245 K score! LOL! I was thinking that may be an incentive to draw interest in the arcades or quiz section. But maybe make it for a player of the week and only the winners get that player for that particular week?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
NO!! Not arcade duels!!!
Coming from someone who's never successfully got past tier 2 on Mario brothers!
the original for crying out loud!! :smile2:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, maybe the arcade isn't fair for those of us who aren't gamer nerds, LOL. Quizzes then? The problem is people are gonna just Google unless the quizzes are timed. I like the credits idea, Ivo. I think Rob is already working on something with them though. I think this might be a cool way to get people excited about features on the forum (maybe not the arcade ;) ).

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I think this might be a cool way to get people excited about features on the forum (maybe not the arcade :wink: ).

Sounds like fun either way it goes!!
If it turns out that you get random players, it would be fun to see who would be on yours on any given day.

I did try the duck hunt a few weeks back...what fun! lol...

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I think there is a way to share, give your points to somebody else. I think when you give somebody a good post rating it gives them credits, yes?

Not sure how that all works...But,.i'll check back later to see how things are progressing!

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this idea! wouldn't know who i would pick (don't think i'd have a legitimate shot at any of the bigger named players...

ALTHOUGH, since i didn't see anyone make a claim (unless i missed it), SHOTGUN WOODSON

Members online

Latest posts