Adjusting

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have noticed a great improvement of MM and his ability to adjust to what the other team is doing. To me it is night and day from last year. Both the Philly and Giants Games were won by adjustments in the half.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember in gameday chat, saying 'this is where adjustments will be made' and I was hoping GB would come out doing better. Boy did they!

The first drive, Zero said they would score. They did.

Then the defense came out, I asked if the halftime adjustments would stick. Right when I asked, the defense gave up a good chunk of yardage, and he said no.

But that was just a hiccup, cuz they finished the rest of the half strong.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lack of halftime adjustments was one of the things that frustrated me most during the Sherman-Rossley era. Holmgren was very, very good at it, and it appears that MM is as well.

It burned me up listening to all the talking-heads with their sports radio shows last week, laughing off the idea of halftime adjustments - saying there was no time to do any such thing. What they were doing, of course, was downplaying the significance of the Patriots' signal stealing.

In the hands of a capable coaching staff, halftime adjustments certainly can be made, and they can certainly affect play in the second half.

Members online

Latest posts