1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Adios Ahman

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerBacker4Life, Jun 9, 2010.

1. PackerBacker4Life

PackerBacker4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can't believe Ahman left the NFL for the UFL. I live in Omaha, the team for which he is playing for, and i could care less about the UFL. Am i missing something or did he just decide to leave? I know i will miss him. He brought a toughness and work ethic that was great to see.

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    The Packers kicked him to the curb basically.
    He still has a home in Green Bay and wanted to stay with the Packers very badly.

I thought he ran well and hard last year. In fact, I trusted him on short yardage runs more than Grant even, and I am a Grant supporter.

It wasn't Ahman's fault he had to return kickoffs, which he is not equipped to do.
    If Starks or Jackson gets hurt, maybe Ahman will be called back again.

3. PackerBacker4Life

PackerBacker4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    did his contract run out or did they cut him? You don't just cut Ahman. Show some loyalty and respect

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    His contract was up. He will be back in a few years to be inducted in the packers hall of fame no doubt.

5. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    Awwww Im gutted I love Green :(

6. pluto

pluto Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    no one is a bigger ahman fan than i am. but the sad reality is, he was a third round draft choice of the seahawks in 1998. this would be his 13th season and in "running back" time that makes him jurassic. it will be awhile before anyone takes his packer rushing title.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I thought when he was brought in he was the better RB.

But later in the season, he was plain terrible. He couldn't get any yards...

8. The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    He will be in the Packers Hall of Fame. and maybe will retire is Jersey Number. he was a beast back in the day...

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Seifert made a post about it. UFL season ends in mid-november. He'll be game-ready, if any team is in need of a backup RB by then. This is a great move for him, and as I'm a big fan of Batman, I wish him the best, with whatever team he signs, if he signs with any (exept the bears and queens, but he's a true Packer, he would NEVER sign with those, even if he needed money, which he doesn't).

10. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I also thought he did really good, Every time his # was called he produced majority of the time

11. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Loyalty and respect went out the door years ago. You don't ship out Brett Favre the way they did if you care about showing Packer legends loyalty and respect. They're making football moves, and in this case it's the right football move. Sucks that Ahman has to go, but it's the correct move.

12. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    Anyone see Green and Favre together at the Vikings LMAO?