1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Fuel to the Fire

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by brennan1884, Dec 18, 2007.

1. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You dont think the guys who got snubbed i.e.( jennings, barnett, crosby..who is the leading scorer in the NFL...... and woodson) arnt pissed!!!

This snub is the best thing that couldve happend, i guarantee MCcarthy is going to make poster board material out of this

Where the hell is the respect, Minnesota has 7 players and we kicked their *** twice, this pro bowl is b.s.

2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    We beat them twice...kicked their arse once. I was at the game in the Metrodome and that was no beat-down. In fact, the Vikes had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead at the end.

I do agree with you though. The Packers that deserved to go are only going to come out with vengeance to prove everyone that there was a mistake in the voting.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't think Crosby so much, as he is a rookie. But the other guys? I wouldn't blame them if they are upset.
    (Maybe they will take it out on the rest of the teams we play this season!)

4. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a good video with DD on packers.com, he is really upset that Woodson, Jennings and others did not make it.

He said he is going to take GJ with him whether he made it or not and is even thinking about bowing out if GJ is the 1st alternate. Pure class, wouldn't expect anything less from DD.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Nick Folk is the kicker who made it, from Dallas. I believe he is also a rookie.

6. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i think this shows that the packers just have a lot of good players, but not many standouts...much like the pats a few years back.

Pickett, Hawk, Grant, Jennings, Lee, Crosby, Bigby (at times)...yeah, they're all good players, but I can also see a compeling argument for why they're not in

With the excpetion of sharper, I don't necessarily disagree w/ the vikes picks...they just have a few more standout players than the pack do...but not the depth!

7. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

Nick Barnett, and Mason Crosby are the ones that really piss me off.

Mason Crosby was better than Nick Folk in every single category. Crosby also led the league in scoring... and Nick Folk somehow gets the pro bowl bid. AND Crosby doesnt kick in a half dome/turf/gods toilet ... he kicks in a real football stadium.

8. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Folk has the edge on Crosby in XP made and FG%.

9. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I think it's close. Folk has a better % so I can't complain

10. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No musccy,

this is proof that the pro bowl is bullshit. Probaly the same people who bribed the refs for the Cowpies had something to do with this vote...

11. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    maybe there are some backdoor shenanigans going on but packer goggles aside, can you argue against Hutchinson, Birk, Peterson, or the Williams going?

The only ppl that I think really should have gone for the Pack were Barnett, Woodson, Kampman, and Favre. There are very good arguments for AND against ...

Driver (2 TDs)
    Jennings (only ~ 50 catches)
    Harris (debatably #2 corner on his team)
    Crosby (under 80% FG)
    Pickett (no real numbers to speak of...like Gilbert Brown)

IMOHO the packers are 12-2 due to a lot of very solid role players w/out any real marquee names (relatively speaking) or PTPers...and the pro bowl voting reflects that.

12. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Generally, your team has to have one good year under it's belt before you get a lot of players on the probowl. We should see Woodson, Jennings, Barnett, etc., on the team next year.

13. LonelyPoet

LonelyPoet Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pro Ball, Pro Ball, You Mean Pro Ball, Are you Kidding, .... Who the heck cares about Pro Ball, We are going for the Super Bowl. We are the only team in the NFL that can beat all other teams. Then we will tell the Pro Ball voters and selectors, Pro Ball aint football this is football.

14. BryanAschenbrenner

BryanAschenbrenner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

What the crap is a "Pro Ball"?

15. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +112
    LOL im sure he meant to say "Pro Bowl"

16. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :giggles:

17. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do think some of the players that got snubbed will have somewhat of a chip on their shoulders.

Not that we needed more motivation going up against da Bears who gave us our first loss, but I do believe the snubbed pro-bowl players will have some extra motivation to go out and perform.

18. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    if it involves the vikings, I'm convinced there are some backdoor activities going on!

19. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If there were shenanigans going on, I bet Shanahan was responsible. Shanahanigans... :lol: I chuckle at that commercial every time.

20. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :shock: :lol:

21. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It's called a lack of respect. No one expected the Packers to be where they are, and anything short of a superbowl win will only reinforce that thought. I hope our players are angry and I hope the they take it out on everyone they play the rest of the way. 7 Vikings and 11 Cowboys and 4 Packers? Are you kidding me?

22. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like they're pissed off, even the ones who made it.

23. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Remember the disaster against the cowboys just two games ago on NFL network and hyped as the 2nd biggest regular season game of the year? A LOT of coaches / players saw that game and we looked horrible. That is why Dallas got so many votes for the probowl and GB didn't. If we had won that game GB would have 11 players going too.