Adding Brett Favre to NBC's team would be a touchdown

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a really hard time seeing Favre do any type of broadcasting gig, unless it's to stop by and crack a few jokes/farts in the booth for 10 minutes and then leave.

He would be great at it, but I don't think it's something he would want to do.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not going to happen. Farve told us he is going to do nothing!!! Farve will not be any booth during a NFL football game either on CBS, NBC, Fox or NFL network!!

Rest easy ! Madden and Michaels and anybody else at NBC. Your not endanger of being replaced by Brett Favre. Although he probably could do very well in a TV booth during NFL game.

He just not going to do. As Donald Driver has said Brett going to be a ghost!! I would add a for at least one year. The Packer organization is going to have hard job getting Brett back to Green Bay for retirement of his number , whenever they want to do it ,especially this first year of his retirement..

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well to be fair he said "nothing until I think of something" or along those lines. Clearly he has no plans and no plans to make plans either. He didn't rule anything out either (except to say he wouldn't be hanging around Lambeau giving advice).

Fan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett remains very attached to both his college community in Mississippi as well as his hometown Kiln. Earlier in his career, he said he would like to coach high school football, but I think his career has taken him beyond that.

Maybe he'll be A.D. of his alma mater, Southern Miss some day.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
IMO, he won't get anywhere close to football for a couple of years until the desire and thoughts of playing have passed. I think Brett might be on his tractor come Sundays this fall so he doesn't have to watch the games and add to the itch.

usmpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett will probably get back on the golf course again, and maybe do that a lot. A few years ago a guy I know who is a frequent golfer was at the driving range at Canebrake Golf Club, in Hattiesburg, and lo and behold he noticed that Brett was right next to him, driving golf balls. He finally got up the nerve to ask Brett for his autograph, and Brett didn't mind at all. The guy said, "this is for my wife", and Brett replied, "that's what they all say." Always quick with a quip, thinking on his feet.

I grew up a Packers fan in Mobile, Alabama, pulling for the Pack since Bart Starr was from Alabama, the team appealed to me, and Vince Lombardi was "the" coach. My interest in the Packers was definitely rekindled when Brett went there, as I am a Southern Miss alum and live in Hattiesburg. I now feel like his retirement day is kinda the day the music died. I just don't feel like pro football, whatever the team, will be the same for me, and that doesn't mean I won't pull for the Pack, it just won't mean as much.

I was in the stands the first day he took the field as a 17 yr old skinny freshman that no one had heard of, and came off the bench to lead Southern Miss to a comeback win over Tulane, wowing the crowd in the process. He's done that ever since, and it is sad to see it end.

I hope to see him around town and wish him the best.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't see Favre yukking it up on NBC, CBS or FOX with the rest of those knuckleheads. That would diminish him a bit in some eyes, mine included.

Some athletes turn out to be great in the booth. But for every decent one, you get an Emmit Smith.

Thankfully, I don't think we have to worry about it happening.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be shocked to see him in the booth or studio anytime soon, although I think he could do a good job if he was interested.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he could analyze, and make a QUICK remark before the next play. His nature is too slow.

That being said, I would love to see him in the booth becasue he has such a funny sense of humor...

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think it would be great for him to do it every week, maybe be a guest from time to time but Favre isnt really a TV kind of guy, nor do I believe he wants to be...

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think it would be great for him to do it every week, maybe be a guest from time to time but Favre isnt really a TV kind of guy, nor do I believe he wants to be...

I think that you hit it BTD.
I do not see Favre as an annoucer, he is not that kind of guy.
Coaching perhaps, but he may well just go off of the radar.

For you old timers, he may do a "Johnny Carson" The undisputed king of late night TV.
When he called it quits he just retired into the private life, kept his hand in it but in the background.

Members online

Latest posts