Adams Traded to Las Vegas

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some need to revisit what the basic legal definition of assault is. It is elevated in many minds to a degree which it does not have to be.
and I think we need to remember there is a difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. This is why 17 year juniors get charged with **** with their sophomore aged girlfriends for having sex like has been going on since the advent of high school and why peeing on a tree gets you charged with sex crimes. people are completely incapable of nuance, context etc.

Adams didn't take a step or a single milli second out of his way to "assault" this guy. The guy put himself right there and very quickly and Adams gave him a good shove. had he done anything to go out of his way to do it, maybe you have a point.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and I think we need to remember there is a difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. This is why 17 year juniors get charged with **** with their sophomore aged girlfriends for having sex like has been going on since the advent of high school and why peeing on a tree gets you charged with sex crimes. people are completely incapable of nuance, context etc.

Adams didn't got a step or a single milli second out of his way to "assault" this guy. The guy put himself right there and very quickly and Adams gave him a good shove. had he done anything to go out of his way to do it, maybe you have a point.

very quickly lol...sorry the dude was walking, clearly oblivious (foolishly) and Adams was an absolute ***. Straight up. I already said anyone can fall victim in the moment of frustration. I still think if Adams shows any kind of human decency in the seconds after nothing happens. Reach out for the dude, help him up, apologize right then...that is the Adams I expected from years of his behavior habits.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Causing a physical altercation with another person is a crime, with some incidents carrying more severe punishments than others. In some cases, the individual does not need to cause actual harm or physical injury to the victim for it to be considered unlawful. Instead, the mere threat of committing a violent act is seen as a criminal offense. Alternatively, an individual can be arrested for attempting to hurt another person even if they never touched them. Both of these are legally known as examples of simple assault.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very quickly lol...sorry the dude was walking, clearly oblivious (foolishly) and Adams was an absolute ***. Straight up. I already said anyone can fall victim in the moment of frustration. I still think if Adams shows any kind of human decency in the seconds after nothing happens. Reach out for the dude, help him up, apologize right then...that is the Adams I expected from years of his behavior habits.
In 1 stride length Adams' path went from clear to a guy stepping directly in front of him where players exit the stadium. Call it whatever you want. Not everything that happens to people needs to be called a crime especially when they themselves are clearly oblivious to their surroundings.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Remeber..Adams admitted he pushed him

Lawyers discuss it

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Causing a physical altercation with another person is a crime, with some incidents carrying more severe punishments than others. In some cases, the individual does not need to cause actual harm or physical injury to the victim for it to be considered unlawful. Instead, the mere threat of committing a violent act is seen as a criminal offense. Alternatively, an individual can be arrested for attempting to hurt another person even if they never touched them. Both of these are legally known as examples of simple assault.

I know what the definitions are.
So you guys really believe that a "crime" was committed? I think a pick yourself up, dust yourself off and learn from it moment happened. I suppose, I shouldn't be surprised. May as well join the masses and their hand wringing over MNF and their "take the dresses off" comment. I forgot where we are as a society.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remeber..Adams admitted he pushed him

Lawyers discuss it

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
If adams had no money, nobody would be charged with anything. Lawyers discuss it, because lawyers are going to be getting money for discussing it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know what the definitions are.
So you guys really believe that a "crime" was committed? I think a pick yourself up, dust yourself off and learn from it moment happened. I suppose, I shouldn't be surprised. May as well join the masses and their hand wringing over MNF and their "take the dresses off" comment. I forgot where we are as a society.
By definition it is a crime. No denying it.

Now the issue is do you file a report?? Thats up to an individual. Clearly you wouldnt and have made it clear. But some would.

Until a person is in same exact situation, you truly cant answer how you react. You can assume how you react but you dont really know

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now the issue is do you file a report?? Thats up to an individual. Clearly you wouldnt and have made it clear. But some would.

Until a person is in same exact situation, you truly cant answer how you react. You can assume how you react but you dont really know
Like I said earlier, there is spirit of the law and letter of the law. If only criminal reports were filed on everyone that has ever shoved, yelled, threatened stared or otherwise offended some poor soul maybe we’d all see just how silly it is. There are crimes and then there’s this.

I’m out

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

EXACTLY

I'd not have wasted time filing. I probably would have made it clear I did no "running in front like claimed".

Everyone wants to give this a pass solely because of the setting...TONS of other "workplaces" this happens you're in some crap...may not end up deep but you're in some. The charge from what Schefter released is barely than a cleat violation fine the NFL could give someone so it isn't about the money it would seem

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like a textbook case

An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person or, in some specific legal definitions, a threat or attempt to commit such an action. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in criminal prosecution, civil liability, or both.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, there is spirit of the law and letter of the law. If only criminal reports were filed on everyone that has ever shoved, yelled, threatened stared or otherwise offended some poor soul maybe we’d all see just how silly it is. There are crimes and then there’s this.

I’m out

This here. I don't have any doubt it meets the textbook definition of assault or whatever but if you're a grown man who gets pushed by another grown man and your first course of action is to run and cry to the cops, you're a dweeb in my book lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This here. I don't have any doubt it meets the textbook definition of assault or whatever but if you're a grown man who gets pushed by another grown man and your first course of action is to run and cry to the cops, you're a dweeb in my book lol

To be fair unless I missed it, I don't think anyone was saying otherwise about the guy that got shoved.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people say - well yeah the guy got assaulted but he should just sack up and go away. He didnt just get shoved, he got knocked off his feet by a much larger stronger guy who was in a crappy mood. Making this illegal and calling it assault is EXACTLY the spirit of the law (if there was any such thing ) Maybe Adams should do the right thing and write the guy a check and make his (self created) problem go away. I mean why are people upset that a guy who is assaulted files charges? Because he’s going to get money and they’re not? People lament todays athletes being entitled and above the rules or standards of behavior. Now they mock a guy for holding one to task. Wierd

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Adams stayed in GB we would still be relying on 1 guy to win games. Because he is gone, his absence forces this inept coaching stuff to think and reevaluate everything.
It would be really nice having a go to guy, when the game is on the line. The Packers don't have that now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not quite where we wanted to be, but still pretty dang good. Almost always the teams at the end have a go to guy, at least 1. When it’s 3rd and whatever, ina deep hole, red zone etc, they almost always have that guy. Some have more than 1 capable of being that guy. Kupp, Samuel, Gronk, Evans,Diggs,Jefferson,Kelce,Hill…Cobb?

Their job didn’t get easier at all this year or even stay even

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
WC requires no report other than with your supervisor and that would certainly cover any injury on the job.
FYI

Guy is a freelance photographer... So to me, self employed.. Not sure if he carries wc

Maybe falls under arrowhead.wc

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Either the photographer intentionally ran out in front of Davante, or he was a completely oblivious bonehead who had no idea what he was doing.

If the photographer is 1 second later, he runs smack into Davante. At that point, could Davante have made a claim for an assault charge?

A little bit of logic can be exercised to come to the conclusion that the photographer has plenty of culpability in this whole thing.

I'm not excusing Davante's actions, but put yourself in his shoes. You should expect to walk unimpeded to the locker room your team occupies. Within a split second, some dude is right in your grill. If it's me, do I think this guy is about to do harm on me? And I also think why is this guy in my space right now?

Again, not excusing the action of Davante. But an assault charge? Give me a break. This guy will likely get him a nice settlement. More power to him. But what's lost in this whole thing is the lack of people holding this bozo accountable for his part in this. If he's more aware of his surroundings, this isn't an issue.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Either the photographer intentionally ran out in front of Davante, or he was a completely oblivious bonehead who had no idea what he was doing.

If the photographer is 1 second later, he runs smack into Davante. At that point, could Davante have made a claim for an assault charge?

A little bit of logic can be exercised to come to the conclusion that the photographer has plenty of culpability in this whole thing.

I'm not excusing Davante's actions, but put yourself in his shoes. You should expect to walk unimpeded to the locker room your team occupies. Within a split second, some dude is right in your grill. If it's me, do I think this guy is about to do harm on me? And I also think why is this guy in my space right now?

Again, not excusing the action of Davante. But an assault charge? Give me a break. This guy will likely get him a nice settlement. More power to him. But what's lost in this whole thing is the lack of people holding this bozo accountable for his part in this. If he's more aware of his surroundings, this isn't an issue.
Why did Tae apologize 2 times? And admit he shoved him

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Why did Tae apologize 2 times? And admit he shoved him
Did you miss the part where I said I'm not excusing Davante's actions? He should have apologized. And him admitting that he shoved him is immaterial. My 7 year old niece could tell you he shoved him. That's not even slightly the issue.

I'm just saying the other guy isn't blameless when many are insinuating he is.

Members online