Adam Schein says the Packers should pass on Marshawn Lynch

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/...Adam Shein of FOX sports says the packers should pass on Lynch because of character and durability issues. Lynch has only carried the "ROCK" 30X's once in a game during his career at CAL. Shein says don't be surpised if The packers choose Ted Ginn....I believe I have floated this pick before...and I sticking with....take it to the bank...Ginn will be wearing Green and Gold in less than 24 hours...

OP
OP
S

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Adam Schein says the Packers should pass on Marshawn Lyn

A Hawk reunion with Ginn...then...maybe Gonzalez and Pittman...Ohio State Packers...I can dig it!!!

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd love to pick up Olsen if he's available. I think adding him and then selecting a RB in the 2nd round, like Antonio Pittman or Kenny Irons, is the best approach.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id rather see, Olsen in the first if available. Rouse or Weddle Safety in round 2 Bush in round 3 even if we get LJ or turner

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Every single mock draft has us drafting Lynch, so it probably means it wont happen. :thumbsup: But I agree with this guy, RB isn't our most needy position, and can be filled easily as seen with the past couple of season in the NFL.

I would really like to draft another solid defensive player, especially if one of these rumors for Turner or Moss fall into place.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want Lynch or Ginn. Trade down with KC to 23 and take either safety Griffin or TE Olsen (if he's still there). Get an extra 3rd in the deal that we can use for TE Patrick or S Sabby Piscitelli. Then, we could also trade a 3rd for Moss.

I also think we should trade down with Philly in the second to get the zone block experience RB from Nebraska - Brandon Jackson.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the Greg Olsen hype, he has shown absolutely nothing when it comes to playing football. People say he didn't have a great QB, well did Calvin Johnson have a great QB? No, but he produced. Olsen drops passes, doesn't block and doesn't have the intangibles to become a dominating TE.

In my mind Olsen is a slow WR who runs poor routes and drops catchable balls.

People envision Olsen as a field stretching TE, well he never was one in college why should he suddenly become one in the NFL?

In addition there are durabillity concerns and concerns about his muscle mass.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't understand the Greg Olsen hype, he has shown absolutely nothing when it comes to playing football. People say he didn't have a great QB, well did Calvin Johnson have a great QB? No, but he produced. Olsen drops passes, doesn't block and doesn't have the intangibles to become a dominating TE.

In my mind Olsen is a slow WR who runs poor routes and drops catchable balls.
I don't love Olsen, but think he's better than you give him credit for. He's 6-5, 255 and runs a 4.5 40. He had 87 receptions for 1,215 yards (14.0 avg.) and six touchdowns in college. Nearly all his drops happened his Jr season. He does need to get a little stronger to be a good blocker, but he's definately a receiving threat at the TE position. I don't know that I would take him at 16, but if we traded down to 23, he would be a solid pick.

People envision Olsen as a field stretching TE, well he never was one in college why should he suddenly become one in the NFL?
I don't know who envisions Olsen to be a Vernon Davis type? He's much more like a Jeremy Shockey. He won't be racing past DBs, but he's got the ability to go over the middle and catch the ball in traffic. He's strong with ball and tough to tackle. IMO, with Jennings, Driver and *maybe* Moss, we really don't need a "field stretching TE", what we need is a guy that can settle 7-15 yards downfield and catch the ball in traffic. And that's Olsen's strength.

In addition there are durabillity concerns and concerns about his muscle mass.
Come on - muscle mass? That sounds like scout babble. He has a 6-5 frame and could easily be 260-265 (where I think he will be when he plays). That's more than big enough for the TE spot. As to durability, he's missed one game in the past two seasons (2006 Duke game - mild concussion).

All that said, I would have no problem if GB passed on him. Still, I think he would help us next season (but I would prefer the safety Griffin).

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts