Adam "Pacman" Jones

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying that I do not want Pacman in GB.

He is a cancer that fight with coaches, teammates, and strippers.

With his persona, he probably hasn't worked during his suspension.

But the guy can play. He is a difference maker in the return game, and can be a shut down corner.

All signs point to Pacman going to Dallas for a mid round pick.

My question is:

Why would Dallas fans embrace guys like TO, Tank Johnson, and Pacman Jones?

I think most GB fans would be ashamed to have those guys on their team, but Dallas routinely gambles on these malcontents, and the fans and media don't seem to care.

Pacman and Tank should be in jail, not on the Dallas defense.

I think this belongs to the GB forum, because I am really proud how the organization, players, and fans want "Packer people." on this football team.

I look at teams like the Bengals, Steelers, Jaguars, and Bucs. These teams are all above average teams, but they are filled with these "pseudo-criminals." These are organizations that put winning first, and character second.

For the individual players, I know guys can turn around and change their ways. Look at K-Rob and Randy Moss for example. I wouldn't mind if GB took some chances on some guys with a slightly troubled backgrounds as long as they are kept on a short leash. Our locker room has enough character to withstand a bad influence (see Ahmad Carroll).

I'm proud that the Packers are one of the only teams in the league (along with the Colts) that show that you can win football games and have a team with strong character. I'm not a religious guy, but I think athletes and all people have a responsibility to contribute to society.

Well, that's my rant.... thoughts?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Certain fan bases, and entire teams do not care what it takes to win...I think there would be Packer fans that would embrace Pac-Man here, but the majority probably want nothing to do with him.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If he keeps this type hosting up.. he will never play another snap in the NFL.. his agent must be kicking his own nuts in for representing this fool..

PARTY WITH PACMAN
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2008, 5:22 p.m.
On the same day that Pacman Jones claimed that “it ain’t no time for slip-ups” comes words of a Sunday night soiree featuring an appearance by Mr. Jones.

Deadpin has a photo of the invitation to the National Stree League’s Grey Goose Party 2008.

The invite bears the face and the name of Pacman Jones and someone named “Young Spoaty” (which, given that I have zero clue who that is, makes me feel like Old Foaty).

There’s also a promise in the lower right corner that “we gon make it rain.”

Oh yes, they gon make it rain. And then maybe Pacman gon make it shoot. And then Pac gon wonder why Roger Goodell ain’t gon reinstate him.

The good news, however, is that “collard shirts” aren’t mandatory this time around.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the reason that Jerry Jones gambles so much is his mindset of "win now, screw the future". If the guy can contribute on the field, Jones is content to have the player until he gets suspended, as long as he helps the team "win now". Thompson, on the other hand, has a mindset that a strong core means a strong future. I'll take that mentality over Jerry Jones' any day of the week. Thompson has shown that a team built his way can win now while still having a bright future.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the same reason NCAA teams that demand higher G.P.A.'s will never win the National Championship. It is about what is expected to be part of the organization.

However, I think Green Bay should not dismiss looking at certain players who are marginally malcontents.

The reason is this. Green Bay could be the perfect atmosphere for a marginal malcontent to get on the right path. The lack of nightlife, the family atmosphere, the history of commitment and down home American Values. These could be good things for some players.

Green Bay could be "The N.F.L. Betty Ford Clinic." for "The Right Troubled Talent."

IT COULD WORK FOR MANY YOUNG TROUBLED KIDS WITH TALENT.

But it never will.... Because of teams like The Raiders and Dallas. They will offer more money, more local strip clubs, (Ooops Sorry... "Gentlemen Clubs" there is a difference according to Pack Man.) more hot spots, more media opportunities, and less small town.

It is life, there is nothing we can do about it. People are going to do what people are going to do.

You have to love a player, who loves to play in Green Bay For All Of The Right Reasons. We all need to be very thankful for every long term Packer Player.

R.P.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pacman is just misunderstood...

I kinda hope the Cowboys do pick him up, though.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pacman is just misunderstood...

I kinda hope the Cowboys do pick him up, though.
Of COURSE he's misunderstood!
How do you understand someone that had the world by the tail, had EVERYTHING a man could want right at his feet, and threw it all away because he has nothing but AIR between his ears!
Yup.....i sure misunderstand that. :roll:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Impact players win championships. The key here is what are we willing to sacrifice to bring on an impact player such as pac man. I have no doubt whatsoever that Pacman could help the Packer win. I didn't have any doubt that Moss could help us win. My question is what will their bad character do to the chemistry that has been so carefully built in Green Bay. Ted Thompson is a wises man and he clearly knows that he needs more impact players, especially since his best impact player has just retired. He needs a "difference maker" on this team. Maybe that players is there. Maybe it's Hawk, or Grant, or Jennings or Rogers. Whatever happens, you can't win in this game without impact players. I'd prefer not to have player like Pacman, but don't kid yourself, this guy can play football.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to burst your bubble, but that would not be unusual for Dallas. They signed Neon Deion back before he got cleaned up as I recall, they had Michael Irvinn who got in trouble over Coke as I recall. Leon Lett, and then there was the one lineman, can't remember his name off hand, so this sort of thing isn't new to Dallas.

Members online

Latest posts