Actual Signed Roster For 2022

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
WR Travis Fulgham claimed off waivers from Denver. Was claimed 2 years ago off waivers from Detroit so he gets a 2nd chance to shine. Long shot, but maybe just needs another shot? 6'-2", 215 lbs with a stellar 5 week stint in Philly back in October '20 to his resume.
In that five week run with the Eagles in 2020 he had 29 receptions for 435 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns. Seemed to be a bit of a fluke, but as long as he improves the depth, why not. Makes you wonder a bit as to how they feel about Amari, Winfree and Toure, since I believe those are the guys competing for 1-2 spots. Davis left practice today with an injury, so that, along with Malik Taylor getting cut, might of had something to do with it.

D

Deleted member 6794

In that five week run with the Eagles in 2020 he had 29 receptions for 435 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns. Seemed to be a bit of a fluke, but as long as he improves the depth, why not.

It's really strange. Aside of that five week span Fulgham has only caught nine passes for 104 yards and no TDs since being drafted by the Lions in the sixth round in 2019.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's really strange. Aside of that five week span Fulgham has only caught nine passes for 104 yards and no TDs since being drafted by the Lions in the sixth round in 2019.
I never watched any of those 5 Eagles games, so I have no clue why he temporarily caught fire. Those were "covid games", so I assume played with no fans in the stands, which may have contributed to it. Defenses might have been lackadaisical with him at first and then figured him out quickly.

Reminds me a bit of the Packers 2013 and Jarrett Boykin. Greg Jennings had left via FA, Cobb and Jones both had injuries that kept them out of several games and Boykin delivered on some opportunities. Never heard much from him after that season.

Interesting to get Fulgham "back", but given he only spent 9 days in GB previously, I doubt it was due to his familiarity with the Packers offense. I wouldn't put his chances to make the 53 man roster above a 30-1 shot.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fulgham is the perfect example however of the exact type of guy you want to see management churn depth and deeper spots constantly seeing if something clicks.

Rasul is a prime example of this....for every Rasul that seemingly pans out, you might do a dozen moves that are quickly dead-ends with PS signings or street free agent signings.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The TE position with the release of Dafney actually is something I feel better about now than I did prior. The release of Dafney secures the coaches and staff's opinion of Tonyan is that he is going to be ready to play week 1. There is no way you release arguably your "TE4" with one of your top two known to not be ready.

Our 4th TE will be one of the following most likely:

Tyler Davis - didn't rise to the occasion in Niner game BUT staff loves the kid and he showed promise late last season as a receiving threat.
Alize Mack - dude can absolutely hold his own blocking, and at ND at least he was a "more athletic Marcedes type weapon with his hands"
Nate Becker - The ex- Miami of OH TE I actually liked back when his draft happened (18' I believe), but he is more of a mixture of both but excel at neither type blocker and receiving option.
Sal Cannella - The ex Auburn Tiger while not a massive receiving threat in college from a yardage perspective, was a RZ threat turning in 5 TDs while there in his last two seasons that only saw 22 receptions....HIGH TD percentage. He has hands when needed. In the USFL he managed to put up 368 yards on 34 receptions so there may be something there. He is a mixture type guy.

No one left out of these four is built similar to Dafney (6'2' 243) outside of Deguara.
I have to be honest, because I don't know why I would lie in the first place, none of what you said makes me feel better. Now, I don't think that having an all pro TE is a make or break for the season. If Tonyan is truly back then I feel "okay". However, he's coming off injury and if he goes down again I don't feel like we have a true receiving threat at that position.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to be honest, because I don't know why I would lie in the first place, none of what you said makes me feel better. Now, I don't think that having an all pro TE is a make or break for the season. If Tonyan is truly back then I feel "okay". However, he's coming off injury and if he goes down again I don't feel like we have a true receiving threat at that position.

Dafney was not a game breaker or going to get a ton of snaps - if anything cutting him might be arguably worse for ST than anything. Also FTR never said you lied, I just disagree is all.

Krabs

Reaction score
Also FTR never said you lied, I just disagree is all.
I know, that was just a joke.

Alize Mack, never heard of the guy and his salary shows his experience. Sal Cannella, also never heard of him and I'd be surprised if he makes the team. I may have missed that they have been on the team the whole time, but neither of them make me feel good about the position. Dafney being cut doesn't surprise me, nor do I think it makes much of a difference. I personally think they need to shore the TE position up. Maybe look at some later surprise TE cuts from other teams. Just my humble opinion.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know, that was just a joke.

Alize Mack, never heard of the guy and his salary shows his experience. Sal Cannella, also never heard of him and I'd be surprised if he makes the team. I may have missed that they have been on the team the whole time, but neither of them make me feel good about the position. Dafney being cut doesn't surprise me, nor do I think it makes much of a difference. I personally think they need to shore the TE position up. Maybe look at some later surprise TE cuts from other teams. Just my humble opinion.

I desired they go get Kyle Rudolph for cheap during FA so I'm not opposed to addition for sure.

Cannella was a later addition. He is a receiving type thread at TE - he can catch and run...but who knows what else.

Of the guys still on the market I'm 100% in support of bringing back Jared Cook...about 85% fine with signing Eric Ebron too. Both of those guys have still been producing despite mid-30s even up to last year. Cook has put up 500+ yards 5 out of the last 5 years with 564 just last season. Ebron four out of the last 6 and has only been health which has kept him from that...last year he couldn't stay healthy but just in 2021 he put up 558 yards and 5 TDS playing 70% of the teams' snaps.

Folks will not like this, but Jimmy Graham is also out there. Until last season on an abysmal team he had never had a season under 400 yards in the last decade...including two with us tallying 1,083 yards and 5 TDs. He isn't a #1 anymore, nor will we be paying him to be such (dang did we overpay him...)....but this would be a near vet-minimum type deal solely to shore up receiving portion of that room....

The issue with signing any of these guys is ST help....you keep Cannella or Mack you are getting ST help...I kinda doubt any of those mentioned above are asked to play ST....and you know big dog doesn't do a ton outside of blocking on field goals I'd guess...and Tonyan won't be risked.

Krabs

Reaction score
I desired they go get Kyle Rudolph for cheap during FA so I'm not opposed to addition for sure.

Cannella was a later addition. He is a receiving type thread at TE - he can catch and run...but who knows what else.

Of the guys still on the market I'm 100% in support of bringing back Jared Cook...about 85% fine with signing Eric Ebron too. Both of those guys have still been producing despite mid-30s even up to last year. Cook has put up 500+ yards 5 out of the last 5 years with 564 just last season. Ebron four out of the last 6 and has only been health which has kept him from that...last year he couldn't stay healthy but just in 2021 he put up 558 yards and 5 TDS playing 70% of the teams' snaps.

Folks will not like this, but Jimmy Graham is also out there. Until last season on an abysmal team he had never had a season under 400 yards in the last decade...including two with us tallying 1,083 yards and 5 TDs. He isn't a #1 anymore, nor will we be paying him to be such (dang did we overpay him...)....but this would be a near vet-minimum type deal solely to shore up receiving portion of that room....

The issue with signing any of these guys is ST help....you keep Cannella or Mack you are getting ST help...I kinda doubt any of those mentioned above are asked to play ST....and you know big dog doesn't do a ton outside of blocking on field goals I'd guess...and Tonyan won't be risked.
All fair points. I would take Cook or Ebron over what we have. I know ST has been awful, but I think we have enough guys to make up for one lost to shore up the TE position. I think if it were to happen it would have already. It's the wait and see game at this point.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what GB overpaid for Graham's services he'd better be playing for FREE if brought back. I really, really don't want to see him in G&G ever again. I'm guessing Cook & Ebron are sitting out camp awaiting a deal much larger than anyone is willing to pay, right now. I'm hoping Gute doesn't cave & pay either of them.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what GB overpaid for Graham's services he'd better be playing for FREE if brought back. I really, really don't want to see him in G&G ever again. I'm guessing Cook & Ebron are sitting out camp awaiting a deal much larger than anyone is willing to pay, right now. I'm hoping Gute doesn't cave & pay either of them.
Agree. And also Rodgers kept throwing to Graham when he was here which I did not like at all. Would hate to see that again. Not really worried about TE.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think it happens, but looking over the list of FAs if he had any other name it would be a disservice not to mention.

Reaction score
The more I think about it. For me I see a Bak return as a substantial catalyst to our Offensive production. We were limping along at OL last season in comparison to 2020. Having Elgton and Bak would be a substantial boost to this Offense if that materializes. It creates an ability to open up the playbook with the TE’s instead of keeping a good pass catcher like Tonyan home (see early 2021)

In other words, for me it comes down to who plays at OT? If we get healthy there I think we’re good to go with Tonyan and Deguara and Lewis chipping in. If not, we could use another above average Veteran pass catching TE as a quick play option. Id sorta like to save my coins for a trade deal at established veteran WR/TE (before trade deadline) if our group is not primed by midseason. Jared Cook would be at the lower end of my ambitions there if you read me. GB would be a very alluring spot for a guy that knows he’s coming in as a primary weapon with Rodgers and SB caliber Defense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I envision MLF system really wants to have more Deguara and Tonyan on the field than Lewis and Tonyan....as you noted that is more about the OL than the TEs

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't consider any of the veterans you mentioned as a significant upgrade to the group currently on the roster. While I'm not confident in the tight end position at this point the Packers might not miss a beat rolling with them instead of signing Cook, Ebron or Graham.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have traded Cole Van Lanen to the Jaguars for an undisclosed draft pick.

In addition they released Vernon Scott and put Kylin Hill on the reserve PUP list.

With Scott having suffered a major shoulder injury it allows them to bring him back later in the season. That wouldn't have been an option by putting him on injured reserve at this point.

The team will need to make some more moves today to reduce the roster to 80 players by the end of the day.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have traded Cole Van Lanen to the Jaguars for an undisclosed draft pick.

In addition they released Vernon Scott and put Kylin Hill on the reserve PUP list.

With Scott having suffered a major shoulder injury it allows them to bring him back later in the season. That wouldn't have been an option by putting him on injured reserve at this point.

The team will need to make some more moves today to reduce the roster to 80 players by the end of the day.

I was just telling a Buccs fan they should trade for Cole - he’s a borderline starter possibly for a team in need and they are. Jags surprise me a little bit but they’re hurting too.

This to me locks in Hanson will be on final OL cuts. He’s easily appeared to be the most improved OL from last to this year

Krabs

Reaction score
I was just telling a Buccs fan they should trade for Cole - he’s a borderline starter possibly for a team in need and they are. Jags surprise me a little bit but they’re hurting too.
This is too bad. I was rooting for him for obvious reasons. Must be really ******* him having grown up in Green Bay, played at Wisconsin, and then literally drafted in your own back yard. Probably a dream come true for him. Best of luck to him.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manac, Clary and Danny Davis released as well.
Clary and Manac was the other day, yesterday three moves happened Danny Davis and Vernon Scott released while Cole Van Lanen was traded to Jags. OP is updated.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here we are heading into our final preseason game and this is what we have roster wise:

QB
Aaron Rodgers- LOCK
Jordan Love - LOCK

Danny Etling - NOT MAKING 53

RB
Aaron Jones - LOCK
AJ Dillon - LOCK

Kylin Hill - PUP
Tyler Goodson - BUBBLE
Patrick Taylor - BUBBLE

Dexter Williams - NOT MAKING 53

WR
Randall Cobb - LOCK
Amari Rodgers - LOCK
Romeo Doubs - LOCK
Christian Watson - LOCK
Sammy Watkins - LOCK
Allen Lazard - LOCK
Juwann Winfree - BUBBLE
Samori Toure - BUBBLE (PS LEADER IMO)

Ishmael Hyman - NOT MAKING 53
Travis Fulgham - NOT MAKING 53 (PS LEADER IMO)

TE
Mercedes Lewis - LOCK
Josiah Deguara - LOCK
Robert Tonyan - LOCK
Tyler Davis- BUBBLE

Alize Mack- BUBBLE
Sal Cannella- BUBBLE
Nate Becker
- BUBBLE

OL
David Bakhtiari- LOCK
Elgton Jenkins- LOCK
Royce Newman- LOCK
Jon Runyan- LOCK
Josh Myers- LOCK
Yosh Nijman- LOCK
Sean Rhyan- LOCK
Zach Tom- LOCK

Rasheed Walker - NOT MAKING 53 (PS LEADER IMO)
Jake Hanson - LOCK

Caleb Jones - NOT MAKING 53 (PS LEADER IMO)
Michael Menet - NOT MAKING 53

DT/DE
Kenny Clark- LOCK
Tedarrell Slaton- LOCK
Dean Lowry- LOCK
Jack Heflin - BUBBLE
Jarran Reed- LOCK
Devonte Wyatt- LOCK
Jonathan Ford - BUBBLE (PS GUY TO ME)

Akial Byers - NOT MAKING 53
Chris Slayton - BUBBLE

OLB
Tipa Galeai - BUBBLE
Preston Smith- LOCK
Rashan Gary- LOCK
Jonathan Garvin- LOCK
Ladarius Hamilton - BUBBLE
Kingsley Enagbare- LOCK
Kobe Jones - BUBBLE

ILB
Ty Summers - BUBBLE

Isaiah McDuffie- LOCK
Ray Wilborn - BUBBLE

DeVondre Campbell- LOCK
Krys Barnes- LOCK
Quay Walker- LOCK

CB
Eric Stokes- LOCK
Shemar Jean-Charles - BUBBLE
Jaire Alexander- LOCK
Kabion Ento - BUBBLE
Kiondre Thomas - BUBBLE

Rasul Douglas- LOCK
Keisean Nixon- LOCK
Rico Gafford - BUBBLE

S

Adrian Amos- LOCK
Darnell Savage- LOCK
Innis Gaines - BUBBLE

Shawn Davis- LOCK
Tariq Carpenter - BUBBLE

Dallin Leavitt - BUBBLE (ONLY BECAUSE INJURY...DUDE I THINK IS ONE OF OUR HIGHEST SNAP COUNTS ON ST IF HEALTHY)
Micah Abernathy - BUBBLE

De'Vante Cross - BUBBLE

SPECIAL TEAMS IS WHAT IT IS...

So for those tracking on offense that is 8 guys I think are still playing for a shot...and 22 LOCKS...at least one RB bubble and one TE will happen for sure out of these IMO.
Tyler Goodson - BUBBLE
Patrick Taylor - BUBBLE

Juwann Winfree - BUBBLE
Tyler Davis- BUBBLE

Alize Mack- BUBBLE
Sal Cannella- BUBBLE
Nate Becker
- BUBBLE

On defense that is 17 guys not guaranteed or on the "bubble" with 20 locked IMO.

Jack Heflin - BUBBLE

Chris Slayton - BUBBLE
Tipa Galeai - BUBBLE
Kobe Jones - BUBBLE
Ty Summers - BUBBLE
Ray Wilborn - BUBBLE
Kabion Ento - BUBBLE
Kiondre Thomas - BUBBLE
Rico Gafford - BUBBLE
Innis Gaines - BUBBLE
Tariq Carpenter - BUBBLE

Dallin Leavitt - BUBBLE (ONLY BECAUSE INJURY...DUDE I THINK IS ONE OF OUR HIGHEST SNAP COUNTS ON ST IF HEALTHY)
Micah Abernathy - BUBBLE

De'Vante Cross - BUBBLE

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no expert on Leavitt but the little I watched him in coverage; I thought he looked week. And we definitely want the best cover guy imho. I hope to see more of Abernathy like everyone else. Other thing is no matter how enamored they are of Davis; I hope we see some of Cannella. IMHO they cannot sacrifice a player for a blocker at TE. And anyway, I don't think Davis has showed too much in blocking.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm no expert on Leavitt but the little I watched him in coverage; I thought he looked week. And we definitely want the best cover guy imho. I hope to see more of Abernathy like everyone else. Other thing is no matter how enamored they are of Davis; I hope we see some of Cannella. IMHO they cannot sacrifice a player for a blocker at TE. And anyway, I don't think Davis has showed too much in blocking.

Leavitt was not brought in for defensive play, but special teams. Dude led his past team in ST snaps and I have no doubt he very well would come close here IF he made the 53.

Reaction score
So here we are heading into our final preseason game and this is what we have roster wise:

QB
Aaron Rodgers- LOCK
Jordan Love - LOCK

Danny Etling - NOT MAKING 53

RB
Aaron Jones - LOCK
AJ Dillon - LOCK

Kylin Hill - PUP
Tyler Goodson - BUBBLE
Patrick Taylor - BUBBLE

Dexter Williams - NOT MAKING 53

WR
Randall Cobb - LOCK
Amari Rodgers - LOCK
Romeo Doubs - LOCK
Christian Watson - LOCK
Sammy Watkins - LOCK
Allen Lazard - LOCK
Juwann Winfree - BUBBLE

Ishmael Hyman - NOT MAKING 53
Travis Fulgham - NOT MAKING 53 (PS LEADER IMO)

TE
Mercedes Lewis - LOCK
Josiah Deguara - LOCK
Robert Tonyan - LOCK
Tyler Davis- BUBBLE

Alize Mack- BUBBLE
Sal Cannella- BUBBLE
Nate Becker
- BUBBLE

OL
David Bakhtiari- LOCK
Elgton Jenkins- LOCK
Royce Newman- LOCK
Jon Runyan- LOCK
Josh Myers- LOCK
Yosh Nijman- LOCK
Sean Rhyan- LOCK
Zach Tom- LOCK

Rasheed Walker - NOT MAKING 53 (PS LEADER IMO)
Jake Hanson - LOCK

Caleb Jones - NOT MAKING 53 (PS LEADER IMO)
Michael Menet - NOT MAKING 53

DT/DE
Kenny Clark- LOCK
Tedarrell Slaton- LOCK
Dean Lowry- LOCK
Jack Heflin - BUBBLE
Jarran Reed- LOCK
Devonte Wyatt- LOCK

Akial Byers - NOT MAKING 53
Chris Slayton - BUBBLE

OLB
Tipa Galeai - BUBBLE
Preston Smith- LOCK
Rashan Gary- LOCK
Jonathan Garvin- LOCK
Kingsley Enagbare- LOCK
Kobe Jones - BUBBLE

ILB
Ty Summers - BUBBLE

Isaiah McDuffie- LOCK
Ray Wilborn - BUBBLE

DeVondre Campbell- LOCK
Krys Barnes- LOCK
Quay Walker- LOCK

CB
Eric Stokes- LOCK
Jaire Alexander- LOCK
Kabion Ento - BUBBLE
Kiondre Thomas - BUBBLE

Rasul Douglas- LOCK
Keisean Nixon- LOCK
Rico Gafford - BUBBLE

S

Adrian Amos- LOCK
Darnell Savage- LOCK
Innis Gaines - BUBBLE

Shawn Davis- LOCK
Tariq Carpenter - BUBBLE

Micah Abernathy - BUBBLE

De'Vante Cross - BUBBLE

SPECIAL TEAMS IS WHAT IT IS...

So for those tracking on offense that is 8 guys I think are still playing for a shot...and 22 LOCKS...at least one RB bubble and one TE will happen for sure out of these IMO.
Tyler Goodson - BUBBLE
Patrick Taylor - BUBBLE

Juwann Winfree - BUBBLE
Tyler Davis- BUBBLE

Alize Mack- BUBBLE
Sal Cannella- BUBBLE
Nate Becker
- BUBBLE

On defense that is 17 guys not guaranteed or on the "bubble" with 20 locked IMO.

Jack Heflin - BUBBLE

Chris Slayton - BUBBLE
Tipa Galeai - BUBBLE
Kobe Jones - BUBBLE
Ty Summers - BUBBLE
Ray Wilborn - BUBBLE
Kabion Ento - BUBBLE
Kiondre Thomas - BUBBLE
Rico Gafford - BUBBLE
Innis Gaines - BUBBLE
Tariq Carpenter - BUBBLE

Micah Abernathy - BUBBLE

De'Vante Cross - BUBBLE
Good work thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts