Actual Signed Roster For 2022

Reaction score
Correct on Williams, however it makes a lot of sense keeping him at an arms distance for future injury replacements. Far worse guys to bring in than one that is a familiar face and can "hit ground running" touch quicker than most could. I honestly don't even expect him to make PS personally.
I had this bet that Dexter would make PS at last years cutdowns. Poker won and I lost miserably. Poker isn’t taking my attempts at with enthusiasm. Thus I’ll double down with you @tynimiller
Dexter makes the PS… Again! :)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had this bet that Dexter would make PS at last years cutdowns. Poker won and I lost miserably. Poker isn’t taking my attempts at with enthusiasm. Thus I’ll double down with you @tynimiller
It would mean we are desperate. imho Oh he could run a long one if all the blocking was in place. He's good at running if there are no defenders.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Only way this happens is if Hill opens on PUP and Baylor isn’t deemed enough PS alone and Taylor or Goodson end up signed elsewhere (only one is making main team IMO)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Forgot about that....explains the $10,000 check I got in mail.

Reaction score
Forgot about that....explains the $10,000 check I got in mail.
Oh gosh no. I don’t even make that annually since Aunt Bunnie passed. She pulled me from the Will and Estate payments and diverted it to Cousin Pinky.
I guess you could say.. I didn’t even make the PS.

It must’ve been a completely different illegal bet you made? Don’t worry I won’t say a word my lips are sealed, it’s between you and me.:speechless:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Oh gosh no. I don’t even make that annually since Aunt Bunnie passed. She pulled me from the Will and Estate payments and diverted it to Cousin Pinky.
I guess you could say.. I didn’t even make the PS.

It must’ve been a completely different illegal bet you made? Don’t worry I won’t say a word my lips are sealed, it’s between you and me.:speechless:
Don't worry, I had forgotten that you predicted that Juice would supplant both AJ's and be the #1 RB in the NFL for 15 consecutive seasons.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If he makes this PS boy are you going to be embarrassed! He’s a USFL nightmare on cleats!
Unless the Packers bring in another RB or 2, which I kind of expect, he could very well make the Practice squad. I don't see him beating out Goodson for the #3 spot, but Baylor and Taylor haven't impressed me and Hill probably remains on the PUP well into the season. RB's seem to be a dime a dozen this time of the year and when all the teams make their final cut downs, unless one of the aforementioned Packers impresses in the next 2 preseason games, I can see the Packers rolling with the top 3 + Hill on PUP and combing the waiver wire for better additions to their PS.

Reaction score
Unless the Packers bring in another RB or 2, which I kind of expect, he could very well make the Practice squad. I don't see him beating out Goodson for the #3 spot, but Baylor and Taylor haven't impressed me and Hill probably remains on the PUP well into the season. RB's seem to be a dime a dozen this time of the year and when all the teams make their final cut downs, unless one of the aforementioned Packers impresses in the next 2 preseason games, I can see the Packers rolling with the top 3 + Hill on PUP and combing the waiver wire for better additions to their PS.
Thank you for your support! I thought he was a value pick at the end of round 6. I do think maybe he's crawled back into his late 6th round type expectations. He had low mileage coming out of Notre Dame and I think he was a project from the very start. His knock was he got into some relatively minor trouble there in college and his production was in a smaller sample size. As we can see, Dexter had some good upside coming out of Notre Dame and it was very likely he was going to be drafted somewhere. Of the underwhelming supply of RB in 2019, Dexter was the 6th highest rated player out of 25 RB's selected in the draft. My opinion is you could do worse for a #3-4 type

We all know he was brought in for PS, but it's interesting that many players have an unusual road to their career. He came into GB and actually was known for his work ethic, so I'm happy for him that he seems to have grown up some. Don't count out "Juice" as he's fighting for his football life and leading the RB room in production. He'll need to string another game or two like last week to get signed onto the practice squad. He does look like he's becoming more seasoned and he's kept in good football shape. Hard work pays off

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As many of you might remember when we drafted him, I'm a local to the south bend area and still have some connections to the program in some ways still. Everyone I spoke to said it will never be his athleticism or abilities with a football that keep him from a roster, it is purely playbook digestion and his ability to apply that when he isn't getting the ball.

Dexter is a great story, and honestly I'd never count him out...time will tell.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As many of you might remember when we drafted him, I'm a local to the south bend area and still have some connections to the program in some ways still. Everyone I spoke to said it will never be his athleticism or abilities with a football that keep him from a roster, it is purely playbook digestion and his ability to apply that when he isn't getting the ball.

Dexter is a great story, and honestly I'd never count him out...time will tell.
Seems to be an issue for a lot of guys that are trying to make the jump from college to the NFL. I am guessing that playbooks aren't nearly as complicated at the college level, nor are prima donna players expected to do much, other than perform on the field. While I don't think it necessarily takes a high IQ to play in the NFL, I do think that it takes someone who puts in a ton of work both on and off the field. Bad habits are difficult to break and if a guy wasn't a complete player in college, the challenge to be good in the NFL becomes a lot more difficult. Seems like some of the most successful NFL players started with a story of "nobody gave them a chance to make it." versus "Everyone thought he was destined to be an NFL star."

I look at both JJ and TJ Watt's stories. They came into Wisconsin as athletes that were a bit undersized, not overly talented, but great work ethics. You look at how fast they turned their bodies and minds into great players and the dedication of the job shows. I was a bit surprised to read that JJ was only a 2 Star recruit and TJ a 3, out of High School. Both being viewed as TE's at the college level.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Seems like we see the Packers bring back a lot of RB's and WR's over the years. Guys that spent time on the PS or as reserves on the 53 and then went somewhere else. Obviously, these are players that the coaches are very familiar with, as well as the players being very familiar with the Packers playbook and offense. Only "problem", I don't recall any of them actually panning out and being good resigns. Personally, I kind of get excited when the Packers sign a fresh name and face. While they all don't end up being a Rasul Douglas, just seems like maybe a new team, new scheme/coaching and teammates, might be what they need.

D

Deleted member 6794

Unless the Packers bring in another RB or 2, which I kind of expect, he could very well make the Practice squad. I don't see him beating out Goodson for the #3 spot, but Baylor and Taylor haven't impressed me and Hill probably remains on the PUP well into the season.

Baylor had at least one impressive play as a receiver vs. the Niners. I believe Goodson is the front runner to be the #3 running back if Hill stays on the PUP list to start the season.

Don't count out "Juice" as he's fighting for his football life and leading the RB room in production. He'll need to string another game or two like last week to get signed onto the practice squad.

There's no reason to put too much stock into Dexter being the most productive running back against the Niners.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baylor had at least one impressive play as a receiver vs. the Niners. I believe Goodson is the front runner to be the #3 running back if Hill stays on the PUP list to start the season.

There's no reason to put too much stock into Dexter being the most productive running back against the Niners.

Dexter's outside chance at PS is more due to Taylor underachieving, Baylor not pushing attention and Hill still on PUP than what he does. If Taylor with limited film action last year from live games can be stashed on PS you no doubt do that over Dexter...however Dexter has value on PS due to familiarity.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers claiming Nate Becker TE from Panthers.

I'm a massive fan of this depth potential pick. I say swap him with Davis or minimum Alize Mack. I liked Becker a LOT out of college....which I know is crazy to say seeing as how he only had like 200 yards receiving at Miami of (OH) but something about what I saw when studying late Day 3/UDFA guys that draft he caught my eye.

He's a 6'5' towering frame, around 260lbs and first and foremost can block and do it well. I see him in the same vein as Alize, future blocking TE prospect if nothing else. Practice Squad type guy for a year most likely is his 2022 ceiling.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have released RB BJ Baylor, LB Ellis Brooks, TE Dominique Dafney and OL George Moore.

D

Deleted member 6794

Dexter's outside chance at PS is more due to Taylor underachieving, Baylor not pushing attention and Hill still on PUP than what he does. If Taylor with limited film action last year from live games can be stashed on PS you no doubt do that over Dexter...however Dexter has value on PS due to familiarity.

Don't get me wrong, Dexter has a chance to make the practice squad. I was just advocating to not read too much into his stat line against the Niners though.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have released RB BJ Baylor, LB Ellis Brooks, TE Dominique Dafney and OL George Moore.

Brooks was my favorite UDFA and I loved him as a Day 3 pick so this sucks IMO, but I get it.

The Dafney release is telling at least IMO of the confidence they have in Tonyan being ready sooner rather than later and their #4 is in house already.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Tight end is starting to get me a bit nervous. Going into the season with Tonyan, Deguara, Lewis and Davis doesn't give me the warm fuzees. They did sign some journeyman that I've never heard of to add to the group. Doesn't make me feel better about the position.

"Becker (6-5, 264) was an undrafted free agent out of Miami (OH) in 2019. He’s spent time at the NFL level with the Panthers, Detroit Lions and Buffalo Bills."

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tight end is starting to get me a bit nervous. Going into the season with Tonyan, Deguara, Lewis and Davis doesn't give me the warm fuzees. They did sign some journeyman that I've never heard of to add to the group. Doesn't make me feel better about the position.

"Becker (6-5, 264) was an undrafted free agent out of Miami (OH) in 2019. He’s spent time at the NFL level with the Panthers, Detroit Lions and Buffalo Bills."

The TE position with the release of Dafney actually is something I feel better about now than I did prior. The release of Dafney secures the coaches and staff's opinion of Tonyan is that he is going to be ready to play week 1. There is no way you release arguably your "TE4" with one of your top two known to not be ready.

Our 4th TE will be one of the following most likely:

Tyler Davis - didn't rise to the occasion in Niner game BUT staff loves the kid and he showed promise late last season as a receiving threat.
Alize Mack - dude can absolutely hold his own blocking, and at ND at least he was a "more athletic Marcedes type weapon with his hands"
Nate Becker - The ex- Miami of OH TE I actually liked back when his draft happened (18' I believe), but he is more of a mixture of both but excel at neither type blocker and receiving option.
Sal Cannella - The ex Auburn Tiger while not a massive receiving threat in college from a yardage perspective, was a RZ threat turning in 5 TDs while there in his last two seasons that only saw 22 receptions....HIGH TD percentage. He has hands when needed. In the USFL he managed to put up 368 yards on 34 receptions so there may be something there. He is a mixture type guy.

No one left out of these four is built similar to Dafney (6'2' 243) outside of Deguara.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that I don't feel confident about the tight end group entering the season as well. The Packers releasing Dafney has nothing to do with it though.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Malik Taylor gone...essentially to me that means IF we go 7 it is Winfree with best bet while Toure and Davis have outside chances.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR Travis Fulgham claimed off waivers from Denver. Was claimed 2 years ago off waivers from Detroit so he gets a 2nd chance to shine. Long shot, but maybe just needs another shot? 6'-2", 215 lbs with a stellar 5 week stint in Philly back in October '20 to his resume.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts