Actual Signed Roster For 2022

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers signed WR Ishmael Hyman and released LB Caliph Brice.

Hyman went undrafted in 2018 and has since played in two games with the Bucs in '19, catching two passes for 34 yards.

He played for the Michigan Panthers of the USFL this year, finishing with 15 catches for 158 yards in two TDs in four games.
Only temporary to put enough WR's on the practice field while Watson & Watkins are out... camp hands.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, I don't expect either Mitchell or Hyman to even make the practice squad as well.

Agreed, longshots for PS even. Historical reference indicates anything we most likely have two on PS and that of course would appear to be most likely to be two of the following I'd bet: Samori Toure, Malik Taylor, Juwann Winfree, Danny Davis.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agreed, longshots for PS even. Historical reference indicates anything we most likely have two on PS and that of course would appear to be most likely to be two of the following I'd bet: Samori Toure, Malik Taylor, Juwann Winfree, Danny Davis.

I consider Danny Davis a longshot to make it to the practice squad as well.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I consider Danny Davis a longshot to make it to the practice squad as well.

I always picture four guys are gambling/battling for those two spots - with that he was the fourth WR option. I concur of the four most likely he has the longest shot...unless I'm forgetting someone.

If I were to put them in order I'd actually say it goes (most likely to less): Winfree, Toure, Taylor, Davis

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
they released... S Tre Sterling .....
I thought he was the UDFA steal for many around here. Didn't even make 2nd week of camp.
If I were to put them in order I'd actually say it goes (most likely to less): Winfree, Toure, Taylor, Davis
Winfree and Taylor have been around a while. This is their 4th camp so they are no longer an up and coming prospect and have passed the late bloomer stage. If they don't make the 53 they're gone. Packers are loaded with young potential at the position. If I were them or their agents, I'd be putting tape together for another WR needy team. If they can't crack the 53 on a team with 3 solid veterans, a passel of PS level holdovers, and a bunch of rookies, they're not worth further development. Time to cut bait.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was the UDFA steal for many around here. Didn't even make 2nd week of camp.

Winfree and Taylor have been around a while. This is their 4th camp so they are no longer an up and coming prospect and have passed the late bloomer stage. If they don't make the 53 they're gone. Packers are loaded with young potential at the position. If I were them or their agents, I'd be putting tape together for another WR needy team. If they can't crack the 53 on a team with 3 solid veterans, a passel of PS level holdovers, and a bunch of rookies, they're not worth further development. Time to cut bait.

Winfree really just last year (first full year) was with us however and quickly showcased his skills including the one game (Arizona) he had with a decent amount of targets and pivotal catches. He isn't 26 yet.

Taylor has had tons of chances and has done well to stay, however at this point is more like EQSB...probably more there but won't be here type deals if he doesn't make the 53. He is 26 and will be 27 here shortly I believe.

I foresee GB if they put 6 on the active, to keep one young promising WR (Toure or Davis if betting) plus a familiar guy with promise (Winfree or Taylor) personally. Could they go two young inexperienced, for sure - time will tell.

D

Deleted member 6794

Winfree and Taylor have been around a while. This is their 4th camp so they are no longer an up and coming prospect and have passed the late bloomer stage. If they don't make the 53 they're gone.

FWIW Winfree has been making plays over the first two days of camp. He might end up having a chance to make the roster but in my opinion is a pretty good bet to end up on the practice squad.

I think Taylor is a longshot at best to stay with the team.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur for sure.
Well he's gotta show he belongs among the top WRs. That means 1000 plus receiving yards and 8 to 11 TDs. Then they can talk money. Not before. I don't think he's the best receiver on the team right now.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well he's gotta show he belongs among the top WRs. That means 1000 plus receiving yards and 8 to 11 TDs. Then they can talk money. Not before. I don't think he's the best receiver on the team right now.

The Packers could benefit from extending Lazard before or during the season as well. There's no reason to overpay for him at this point though.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers could benefit from extending Lazard before or during the season as well. There's no reason to overpay for him at this point though.
I think if they paid him now; they would almost have to overpay. So I think they will be waiting. And maybe Lazard wants to bet on himself.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think if they paid him now; they would almost have to overpay. So I think they will be waiting. And maybe Lazard wants to bet on himself.

My point was that if Lazard puts up impressive numbers this year it would be cheaper to re-sign him now compared to next offseason.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It most definitely would be cheaper to sign Lazard to a two or three year deal now then it will be in a year if he even just puts up 700 yards 70 recs and 7 TDs. We saw what MVS went for and some of the other guys. Lazard will have a market....if he does well I don't see GB coughing up the change for him that it will take after this season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point was that if Lazard puts up impressive numbers this year it would be cheaper to re-sign him now compared to next offseason.
That's a big "if." With all the talk of how many good young receivers we have; another "if" is maybe even if Lazard does really well; we won't need to give him big money. Between Doubs and Watson, who knows what will happen? I'd be mildly surprised if we sign Lazard anytime soon. If he is the number one target; he will have some tougher corners to go against.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a big "if." With all the talk of how many good young receivers we have; another "if" is maybe even if Lazard does really well; we won't need to give him big money. Between Doubs and Watson, who knows what will happen? I'd be mildly surprised if we sign Lazard anytime soon. If he is the number one target; he will have some tougher corners to go against.
Too many questions for anything to be resolved early. Lazard is betting on himself to show that he's due big$$. The Packers are betting on young guys stepping up and turning potential into production. I think Gute is equally concerned about drastically over-paying Lazard now vs. having to possibly pony-up a few $million later... this is a late-season/off-season decision, IMHO.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Green Bay wants Lazard here beyond 2022 they should have IMO already agreed to an extension. EVEN if Lazard continues to consistently put up the catch rate he does through an entire season the dude will cash in elsewhere, period.

MVS last three seasons: 1,572 yards in 43 active games. Caught 85 passes with a catch percentage in that time frame of 49%. Chipping in 11 TDs. He also caught 59 first downs.
Lazard last three seasons: 1,441 yards in 41active games. Caught 108 passes with a catch percentage in that time frame of 68%. Chipping in 14 TDs. He also caught 75 first downs.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welp Wirtel is released and Osirus Mitchell is waived.

Dexter Williams appears confirmed to be coming back in house again.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wirtel was no panacea for all of the ST woes. I'm not sure that the rookie Coco is the answer, but have some faith that Bisachia can sniff out the best option by Week 1.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree it would be a risk to sign Lazard to an extension at this point as there's no way of knowing how he ends up performing this season. You have to consider that it's possible he will end up being more expensive to re-sign at the end of the season as well though.

Welp Wirtel is released and Osirus Mitchell is waived.

Dexter Williams appears confirmed to be coming back in house again.

The Packers signed DB Micah Abernathy and RB Dexter Williams. As mentioned in another thread I guess Williams is solely a body to put on the field in the preseason opener with both Dillon and Jones not expected to play. I highly doubt he will be on the roster for an extended period.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it would be a risk to sign Lazard to an extension at this point as there's no way of knowing how he ends up performing this season. You have to consider that it's possible he will end up being more expensive to re-sign at the end of the season as well though.

The Packers signed DB Micah Abernathy and RB Dexter Williams. As mentioned in another thread I guess Williams is solely a body to put on the field in the preseason opener with both Dillon and Jones not expected to play. I highly doubt he will be on the roster for an extended period.

Correct on Williams, however it makes a lot of sense keeping him at an arms distance for future injury replacements. Far worse guys to bring in than one that is a familiar face and can "hit ground running" touch quicker than most could. I honestly don't even expect him to make PS personally.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Green Bay wants Lazard here beyond 2022 they should have IMO already agreed to an extension. EVEN if Lazard continues to consistently put up the catch rate he does through an entire season the dude will cash in elsewhere, period.

MVS last three seasons: 1,572 yards in 43 active games. Caught 85 passes with a catch percentage in that time frame of 49%. Chipping in 11 TDs. He also caught 59 first downs.
Lazard last three seasons: 1,441 yards in 41active games. Caught 108 passes with a catch percentage in that time frame of 68%. Chipping in 14 TDs. He also caught 75 first downs.

Here's an interesting statline for you on Lazard. I've said it and I know a few others have as well...looking for a first down he gets looked at a much higher rate than other times (even with Adams on the field) .

2021 Season - Lazard on 70% of his receptions they went for first downs.
2020 Season - Lazard on 69.6% of his receptions they went for first downs.
2019 Season - Lazard on 68.6% of his receptions they went for first downs.

2021 Season - Adams on 68.3% of his receptions they went for first downs.
2020 Season - Adams on 63.5% of his receptions they went for first downs.
2019 Season - Adams on 65.1% of his receptions they went for first downs.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Dennis Kelly is no longer out there but a guy like Bobby Massie could be brought in on one year deal, coming off 15 starts last year and would make me feel a touch better about our OL until it is confirmed Bakh is good to go and eventually Jenkins.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Dennis Kelly is no longer out there but a guy like Bobby Massie could be brought in on one year deal, coming off 15 starts last year and would make me feel a touch better about our OL until it is confirmed Bakh is good to go and eventually Jenkins.
Because he's a former Bear & I'm pretty biased against all-things-Bears I initially wrote off your suggestion as BS... but apparently Massie is/was a fairly decent RT. Not sure how much he's declined since 2018, but this at least opened-up my mind to maybe? https://www.profootballnetwork.com/chicago-bears-bobby-massie-pfn-data-lab/

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because he's a former Bear & I'm pretty biased against all-things-Bears I initially wrote off your suggestion as BS... but apparently Massie is/was a fairly decent RT. Not sure how much he's declined since 2018, but this at least opened-up my mind to maybe? https://www.profootballnetwork.com/chicago-bears-bobby-massie-pfn-data-lab/

He is one of about three Tackles presently on the street that would be signable similar to a Dennis Kelly type deal from last year. If I'm bringing a veteran in now, I want a guy that is comfortable starting if needed and he would be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts