Actual Signed Roster For 2022

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Lazard is looking to receive significant more guaranteed money in a long-term deal than currently offered with the second round tender. I don't want the Packers to offer him such a deal though.

I concur for sure.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am okay with a slight hike to what the 2nd round tender is along with some reasonable incentives. Un fortunately I do not see (nor want to see) the Pack offering him his current market value.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am okay with a slight hike to what the 2nd round tender is along with some reasonable incentives. Un fortunately I do not see (nor want to see) the Pack offering him his current market value.

Fortunately the Packers have all the leverage in this situation.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'll way in on Lazard. He's not horrible. I also don't like thinking this way about people, but he's very replaceable. I would wager if he leaves he will be lower on the depth chart for a different team than on the Packers. I don't think we would miss him.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fortunately the Packers have all the leverage in this situation.

I told my buddy I could envision Gute and Company wanting as many minutes spent with Watson, Watkins, Doubs, Davis, Winfree and Rodgers before they make the decision on just how comfortable they are with a future that most likely doesn't involve Lazard if they don't sign him to a two or three year deal that seems to no doubt be what he's wanting them to consider.

I mean it's one of those things where the two sides are gambling some.....

Say Lazard gets offered like a three year 5.5M/Year deal with like 12 of it guaranteed.....he has a near or at 1,000 yard 2022 season with 6+ TDs....in this WR market he is worth $10M easily a season.

Say GB doesn't offer anything and forces him to play on the tender (to whichever figure it ends up) and he balls out....Watson and Doubs look like rookie wideouts....now GB is going to be forced to pay him like MVS at least got or better to keep him.

The timing of Lazard's tender and upcoming UFA year just isn't good....if it could have hit like this a year earlier or a year later it would have been so much easier to handle. Year later, we know more of what we have with Watson/Doubs/Toure and we get to see if next steps are taken by Rodgers/Winfree or Taylor...and honestly perhaps even if Sammy fits here and wants to stay. Timing coming a year earlier, Davante is still here and gobbles up a lot of targets and chances from Lazard last year and this past off season we sign him to a much more team friendly deal.

D

Deleted member 6794

I told my buddy I could envision Gute and Company wanting as many minutes spent with Watson, Watkins, Doubs, Davis, Winfree and Rodgers before they make the decision on just how comfortable they are with a future that most likely doesn't involve Lazard if they don't sign him to a two or three year deal that seems to no doubt be what he's wanting them to consider.

I mean it's one of those things where the two sides are gambling some.....

Say Lazard gets offered like a three year 5.5M/Year deal with like 12 of it guaranteed.....he has a near or at 1,000 yard 2022 season with 6+ TDs....in this WR market he is worth $10M easily a season.

Say GB doesn't offer anything and forces him to play on the tender (to whichever figure it ends up) and he balls out....Watson and Doubs look like rookie wideouts....now GB is going to be forced to pay him like MVS at least got or better to keep him.

The timing of Lazard's tender and upcoming UFA year just isn't good....if it could have hit like this a year earlier or a year later it would have been so much easier to handle. Year later, we know more of what we have with Watson/Doubs/Toure and we get to see if next steps are taken by Rodgers/Winfree or Taylor...and honestly perhaps even if Sammy fits here and wants to stay. Timing coming a year earlier, Davante is still here and gobbles up a lot of targets and chances from Lazard last year and this past off season we sign him to a much more team friendly deal.

I guess that Lazard is currently asking for too much money based on past production. I'm fine with the Packers not giving in on his demands as there's no way of knowing if he will improve on it.

I understand that might result in them having to pay him more than what he's asking for now to retain him after this season though.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lazard thing happened about the way it should have. He'll get whatever he shows that he's worth after this season either from the Packers or somebody else. He should be thankful he's got Rodgers throwing to him, as Rodgers makes everybody seem better.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got texted Benkert is being released….that removes ANY chance we would move Love IMO

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got texted Benkert is being released….that removes ANY chance we would move Love IMO
This makes very little sense to me...leaving only AR, Love & Danny Etling. AR won't be playing preseason games and there's no way there will only be 2 available. Praying there's no lunacy moves like Baker Mayfield & a 4th for Love deal (or something similar) in the works. ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I was surprised by the move. Didn't expect the Packers to rather enter camp with Etling instead of Benkert.

Praying there's no lunacy moves like Baker Mayfield & a 4th for Love deal (or something similar) in the works. ;)

I highly doubt the Packers releasing Benkert is an indication they're interested in making a move for another quarterback.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt the Packers releasing Benkert is an indication they're interested in making a move for another quarterback.
Teams "usually" go into training camp with 4 QB's, 2021 Packers actually had 5. The Packers need to add at least one more QB to the 90 man roster to handle all of the throwing that needs to be done the first 2 weeks of TC... so this is a swap of Benkert for another (better?) QB to round out the 90 man roster.

I'd like Gute to consider Josh Rosen, who is only 25 but needs to learn how to act like an NFL QB. Sitting at #4 in camp may teach him some behavioral things, and his throwing talent may "push" Love & Etling to excel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Teams "usually" go into training camp with 4 QB's, 2021 Packers actually had 5. The Packers need to add at least one more QB to the 90 man roster to handle all of the throwing that needs to be done the first 2 weeks of TC... so this is a swap of Benkert for another (better?) QB to round out the 90 man roster.

While the Packers had five quarterbacks on their roster at the start of training camp they released Bortles and Dolegala as soon as Rodgers showed up, resulting in them only using three during camp.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd like Gute to consider Josh Rosen, who is only 25 but needs to learn how to act like an NFL QB. Sitting at #4 in camp may teach him some behavioral things, and his throwing talent may "push" Love & Etling to excel.
I was surprised how Rosen just did not come close to working out. And the little I saw of him; he looked terrible. Could be a case of starting someone too early. But when you break them; it's hard to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not sure where to put it but here's a list of players who were put on the PUP list yesterday.

K Mason Crosby
RB Kylin Hill
OL Elgton Jenkins
DL Dean Lowry
DL Hauati Pututau
OLB Randy Ramsey
RB Patrick Taylor
TE Robert Tonyan
WR Christian Watson

Most significantly, David Bakhtiari hasn't been placed on the list. With veterans not reproting until Tuesday there might be some additions to it though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, that last post didn't age well. The Packers just put Bakhtiari on the PUP list.

I guess it's finally reasonable to be worried about him moving forward.

D

Deleted member 6794

In addition to Dallin Leavitt (which has been discussed in at least another thread) the Packers are signing WR Osirus Mitchell according to sources. He went undrafted last year and spent most of the season on the Cowboys practice squad. This year, he played with the Birmingham Stallions in the USFL, totaling 23 receptions for 333 yards and three touchdowns.

With the Packers currently having 90 players on the roster they will have to make a corresponding move to make room for him.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallin Leavitt is 100% another Bisaccia signing without question. Dude led the Raiders in snap counts on Special Teams with over 70% of them having him a part of them. I see him as a lock for a spot and depth (he played over 20% of defensive snaps too last year).

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition to Dallin Leavitt (which has been discussed in at least another thread) the Packers are signing WR Osirus Mitchell according to sources. He went undrafted last year and spent most of the season on the Cowboys practice squad. This year, he played with the Birmingham Stallions in the USFL, totaling 23 receptions for 333 yards and three touchdowns.

With the Packers currently having 90 players on the roster they will have to make a corresponding move to make room for him.

In addition to Osirus it seems we are signing Ty Clary as well. We worked him out Monday.

He was a guy buried on my Day 3 7th round graded OL prospects from the Razorbacks. I remember liking he'd roamed all three interior positions, but was pegged by many as a center....I think this means we may see Hanson or Menet get released.

D

Deleted member 6794

In addition to Osirus it seems we are signing Ty Clary as well. We worked him out Monday.

He was a guy buried on my Day 3 7th round graded OL prospects from the Razorbacks. I remember liking he'd roamed all three interior positions, but was pegged by many as a center....I think this means we may see Hanson or Menet get released.

The Packers actually ending up signing C Ty Clary, WR Osirus Mitchell and CB Donte Vaughn. To make room for them on the roster they released DL Hauati Pututau, S Tre Sterling and CB Raleigh Texada.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers signed WR Ishmael Hyman and released LB Caliph Brice.

Hyman went undrafted in 2018 and has since played in two games with the Bucs in '19, catching two passes for 34 yards.

He played for the Michigan Panthers of the USFL this year, finishing with 15 catches for 158 yards in two TDs in four games.

Members online

Latest posts