Chris Blair - waived
Jahmir Johnson - injury settlement and released
JJ Molson - waived

Claimed - Chris Slayton DT & Eli Wolf TE
Signed - Jack Coco LS

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I know that Lancaster was not on the signed roster for 2022, but I see he got signed by the Raiders. I'm very happy that they are not bringing him back. I saw him get whooped too many times to want him back. Glad the player personnel dept. saw the same.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that Lancaster was not on the signed roster for 2022, but I see he got signed by the Raiders. I'm very happy that they are not bringing him back. I saw him get whooped too many times to want him back. Glad the player personnel dept. saw the same.
Lancaster was a serviceable backup when GB didn't have, or expend the resources to get, a better one. No knock on him or Gute...he filled a role. Gute has since brought in much better options raising the backup talent level.

Happy that Lancaster found a home for '22, but the Packer D-line is drastically improved since '21 & '20.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Lancaster was a serviceable backup when GB didn't have, or expend the resources to get, a better one. No knock on him or Gute...he filled a role. Gute has since brought in much better options raising the backup talent level.

Happy that Lancaster found a home for '22, but the Packer D-line is drastically improved since '21 & '20.
Lancaster was terrible. I'm glad that the Packers made upgrades to the position.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Everyone has been talking like Lazard is on the roster, not yet. I was wondering why they hadn't announced him signing his tender. I'm fine with a 3 year deal, but not for much more than $5M/year.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone has been talking like Lazard is on the roster, not yet. I was wondering why they hadn't announced him signing his tender. I'm fine with a 3 year deal, but not for much more than $5M/year.

Considering MVS, with a career yearly average of 31 receptions for 538 yds, just received $10mil/year I'm guessing Lazard has a similar number in mind. I'm also guessing GB won't be re-signing Lazard for those numbers, so I anticipate him sitting out early in the season.

Either Lazard cracks & plays for his tender or he sits out, opening the door for young guys to replace him OR the Packers rescind the tender & sign Julio for $6 or $8mil so there's another vet in camp.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Either Lazard cracks & plays for his tender or he sits out, opening the door for young guys to replace him OR the Packers rescind the tender & sign Julio for $6 or $8mil so there's another vet in camp.
Agreed. I do not think it would be a good career move for him to not play, since he would still be under contract for 2023. My guess is he is pulling an Aaron, as well as what other players are doing around the league, and biding his time by not showing up for OTA's and hoping the Packers throw him more money.

With the draft this year, I think we have at least 2 rookies that will be able to leapfrog Lazard by year 2 or 3. So I don't think the Packers will want to tie him up for too much money for too long. His best move is to play on his tender and build his resume for Free Agency next year.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame him one bit, and honestly I know you simply cannot make a habit of having a ton of incentive laced contracts but Lazard and the 2022 season IMO that makes a TON of sense. Someone said a three year $15M deal...that is low for what the current NFL says he is worth...however GB holds him captive honestly...so what I'd do is sign a deal similar to like three years $22M with first year hitting similar to his tender, second year around $7M or so and that third year being about $12M hit...if he turns into a solid #2 or #1 producer that would still be a doable figure if he doesn't he is cut or restructured...the kicker is have incentives in 2022 that could raise him to as much as $5M or higher. He hit's 1,000 yards tack a million or half million bonus...reception tally could as well...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't blame him one bit, and honestly I know you simply cannot make a habit of having a ton of incentive laced contracts but Lazard and the 2022 season IMO that makes a TON of sense. Someone said a three year $15M deal...that is low for what the current NFL says he is worth...however GB holds him captive honestly...so what I'd do is sign a deal similar to like three years $22M with first year hitting similar to his tender, second year around $7M or so and that third year being about $12M hit...if he turns into a solid #2 or #1 producer that would still be a doable figure if he doesn't he is cut or restructured...the kicker is have incentives in 2022 that could raise him to as much as $5M or higher. He hit's 1,000 yards tack a million or half million bonus...reception tally could as well...
I think it was me that threw out the 3 year @ $15. Obviously, as you stated, that would only pay him the tendered amount of $3.986 for this season. Load it up with incentives if need be. I like Lazard, but he is a product of the system and a HOF QB, I think we are going to see that with MVS and I am glad that it was the Bears that he fleeced for $10M per year.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even a 3yr/22mil deal is significantly lower, IMHO, than I think he believes he's worth. He might gain more leverage if rookies appear raw in camp, but he could also lose leverage if one or more rookies and/or "bubble guys" (Winfree, Taylor) rise to the challenge.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was me that threw out the 3 year @ $15. Obviously, as you stated, that would only pay him the tendered amount of $3.986 for this season. Load it up with incentives if need be. I like Lazard, but he is a product of the system and a HOF QB, I think we are going to see that with MVS and I am glad that it was the Bears that he fleeced for $10M per year.

Are you drinking? The Bears did not sign MVS

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even a 3yr/22mil deal is significantly lower, IMHO, than I think he believes he's worth. He might gain more leverage if rookies appear raw in camp, but he could also lose leverage if one or more rookies and/or "bubble guys" (Winfree, Taylor) rise to the challenge.

He has next to zero leverage really, given it is a sign the tender, take what Green Bay offers if something other than tender or don't play.

Yes, facing the season without him is something no one on staff would want, however I don't see them willing to spend anywhere close to say what MVS took.

Lazard has Green Bay in an odd situation however which only hindsight will prove an argument either way.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Reaction score
Agreed. I do not think it would be a good career move for him to not play, since he would still be under contract for 2023. My guess is he is pulling an Aaron, as well as what other players are doing around the league, and biding his time by not showing up for OTA's and hoping the Packers throw him more money.

With the draft this year, I think we have at least 2 rookies that will be able to leapfrog Lazard by year 2 or 3. So I don't think the Packers will want to tie him up for too much money for too long. His best move is to play on his tender and build his resume for Free Agency next year.
I don’t see paying him much more than his $4m, unless we’re splitting hairs (like $5m per on a multi-year).

We’d love to have his veteran leadership and keep some continuity for Aaron. He might just be wanting another season or two of security in that same yearly pay range, which is probably doable. They might just be trying to agree on the guaranteed to give him like 2-3 years of job security.

I like Lazard, I think he’s wanting to stay and I kinda don’t blame him. If I were him I’d much rather be in this WR room with #12 slinging it.

If he becomes a complete stud? It’s not like he can’t renegotiate a bigger deal.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t see paying him much more than his $4m, unless we’re splitting hairs (like $5m per on a multi-year).

We’d love to have his veteran leadership and keep some continuity for Aaron. He might just be wanting another season or two of security in that same yearly pay range, which is probably doable. They might just be trying to agree on the guaranteed to give him like 2-3 years of job security.

I like Lazard, I think he’s wanting to stay and I kinda don’t blame him. If I were him I’d much rather be in this WR room with #12 slinging it.

If he becomes a complete stud? It’s not like he can’t renegotiate a bigger deal.

Your underselling Lazard some for sure in this NFL he is minimum a $7M a year signing if he'd have been a UFA this year. He probably could have gotten close but not quite to $10M/year. He's lived in the shadows of Adams and as a teams' 4th or 5th offensive option and yet has excelled in his catch percentages, doesn't miss many games and blocks with the best of them. Arguably while he isn't the homerun threat MVS is, he has a much better and more well rounded game that can be of use for all teams in the league nearly. I'm not saying he is presently a #2WR for a team, but he easily can be a WR3 and is ascending still in his growth.

Reaction score
Your underselling Lazard some for sure in this NFL he is minimum a $7M a year signing if he'd have been a UFA this year. He probably could have gotten close but not quite to $10M/year. He's lived in the shadows of Adams and as a teams' 4th or 5th offensive option and yet has excelled in his catch percentages, doesn't miss many games and blocks with the best of them. Arguably while he isn't the homerun threat MVS is, he has a much better and more well rounded game that can be of use for all teams in the league nearly. I'm not saying he is presently a #2WR for a team, but he easily can be a WR3 and is ascending still in his growth.
Well I understand that this WR market is inflated (not to mention that each year the salaries naturally escalate) Yet salary is much more inflated towards the elite and near elite areas. Lazard only needs 1 great season and his value could triple+. However he needs to prove his worth first (not the other way around) and there’s no better place to do that than GB.

MVS is another animal imo, because all teams covet a WR with deep speed that threatens over the top. We’re talking about a guy with near 20 yards per catch here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I understand that this WR market is inflated (not to mention that each year the salaries naturally escalate) Yet salary is much more inflated towards the elite and near elite areas. Lazard only needs 1 great season and his value could triple+. However he needs to prove his worth first and there’s no better place to do that than GB.

MVS is another animal imo, because teams covet speed.

Lazard is very productive per target and reliable. That gets paid in this league. His tender price is at minimum half of what he truly is worth, and probably a third to a quarter of what the FA price would have been LOL

Reaction score
Lazard is very productive per target and reliable. That gets paid in this league. His tender price is at minimum half of what he truly is worth, and probably a third to a quarter of what the FA price would have been LOL
Ok ok. You can have him Tyni.
Have a cashiers check written to my personal account for $12,000,000 by close of business today :coffee:

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok ok. You can have him Tyni.
Have a cashiers check written to my personal account for $12,000,000 by close of business today :coffee:

LOL

Seriously though, if you look at what guys are getting and their production...then look at Lazard.....it's ludacris really.

Reaction score
LOL

Seriously though, if you look at what guys are getting and their production...then look at Lazard.....it's ludacris really.
Tyni. While it’s true that WR are getting big bucks.
Just because other teams overpay…doesn’t mean we have follow suit.

You’ve got :90 minutes to come up with $12,000,000

Wait. We’re kinda buddies. So as a gesture I’ll split the difference between MVS and the market value you presented for Lazard.

Make the cashiers check payable to “Oldschool101” reflecting our discount. $11,000,000 :whistling:

I will personally drop Allen Lazard off on your doorstep at 7am. Umm… pardon me I’ve a call coming in from Julio

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Poker you did not disappoint. I was confident you would be the one to get the Mr. Mom, Michael Keaton reference.
One of my go to lines with a buddy of mine. It is funny when you say it to someone that has no clue what it or you means.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe Lazard is looking to receive significant more guaranteed money in a long-term deal than currently offered with the second round tender. I don't want the Packers to offer him such a deal though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts