Actual Signed Roster For 2022

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup and add to it the fact that WR contracts sky rocketed this off season. That will influence the FA market next year and probably push it even higher. IMO, all of this will drive an increase of the demand on WR's in this year's draft. I wouldn't be shocked to see 12 taken in the first 2 rounds, that would be close to 19% of the picks being WR's.
I agree, I think the better teams with fewer needs will try to load up on young WRs in an attempt to lessen the need to sign one of the elites to a huge deal in a few years.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree, I think the better teams with fewer needs will try to load up on young WRs in an attempt to lessen the need to sign one of the elites to a huge deal in a few years.
Most definitely. Look at Deebo already, he wants out of San Fran with a year left on his rookie deal. I read that he wants to reset the top bar for WR contracts. Any team that needs a WR between now and 2024 is going to probably try and draft one. You carry 5-7 WR's on a roster, there is always room for a cheap rookie.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick reminder to get your picks in the annual Amish draft contest in soon over at the Draft Talk forum. We're less than a week away from the big day.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think that increase has already been spent by the Packers in back loaded contracts, anticipating it would happen. Then there's the across the board escalation in normal existing contracts. Not nearly as much clear sky as you'd imagine.

I agree the Packers will definitely have less cap space than most other teams because of backloading a lot of contracts but they will have some wiggle room because the cap will skyrocket as well.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Final Warning. We're less than 48 hours from the annual Amish Draft contest thread being locked. Get your picks finalized soon.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft picks and UDFAs added. Remember many of these $705,000 cost guys do not count towards the top 51 figure

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft picks and UDFAs added. Remember many of these $705,000 cost guys do not count towards the top 51 figure
The guys drafted in rounds 1-4 will all count against the cap once they sign as they'll be at least $853k against the cap (SB included), pushing some of the $825k guys into the lower (below 51) top cap #'s.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guys drafted in rounds 1-4 will all count against the cap as they'll be at least $853k against the cap, pushing the $825k guys into the lower (below 51) top cap #'s.
Correct....they don't fit my statement. :D I am not tracking here what is the top 51 as things can change with every signing and/or restructure.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kobe Jones OLB added to roster at the moment. Spent time last season with three different teams

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What is the word on Lazard? He still hasn't signed the tender right?
Right. Only thing that I have read is that he wants to play for the Broncos next year. Losing him would be a loss, but if he's going, I would be tempted to trade him now for a decent WR, TE or CB.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. Only thing that I have read is that he wants to play for the Broncos next year. Losing him would be a loss, but if he's going, I would be tempted to trade him now for a decent WR, TE or CB.
I don't think you'd get a player that would help. If he was traded, it would be for a 2023 pick. I don't think Gutey would do that. He's needed this year. But, ya never know!

EDIT: My assumption is the trade would be with the Broncos. That's why I say nobody that would be valuable.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You should stop reading anything that is published by Mike Florio.
Like the previous poster said, I don't always believe him, but someone asked if there is any news. All I said was there are reports that he might want to reunite with Hackett and play in Denver next year. Not shocking really, especially if he feels slighted by the fact that the Packers tagged him and used 3 draft picks on WR's. Is it really the case? Who knows, could be just gossip or real news.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the previous poster said, I don't always believe him, but someone asked if there is any news. All I said was there are reports that he might want to reunite with Hackett and play in Denver next year. Not shocking really, especially if he feels slighted by the fact that the Packers tagged him and used 3 draft picks on WR's. Is it really the case? Who knows, could be just gossip or real news.
Could be someone asked if he would like to reunite with Hackett and he said something like "sure, why not" and that turned into he wants to play in Denver next season. It would be about the same as someone asking if he would like to be the highest paid WR and he would say "sure, why not?" which would turn into Lazard wants to be the highest paid WR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Could be someone asked if he would like to reunite with Hackett and he said something like "sure, why not" and that turned into he wants to play in Denver next season. It would be about the same as someone asking if he would like to be the highest paid WR and he would say "sure, why not?" which would turn into Lazard wants to be the highest paid WR.
Agreed and like I was saying to Captain, someone asked for "news", I was just repeating what I had read/heard. All we know is that he hasn't signed his tender yet or at least it wasn't announced. What does that mean? Might mean that they are still negotiating a longer term deal, a trade, he just wants to make the Packers sweat a bit or another team is trying to sign him. I am a bit surprised that he hasn't signed it yet, if there is no other interest from another team. Since I believe once he does sign it, he is guaranteed that money. Before that, if he gets hurt, gets into some kind of trouble, etc. I think the Packers can simply pull the tender and Lazard is out the $3.9M.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mostly correct Poker, except the part about "interest from another team"...that ship sailed 3 weeks ago. Now Lazards' options are sign & play on the tender, not sign & sit out '22 (& be a RFA in '23), or wait until the deadline (week 10??) & then sign so he could become a UFA after '22.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Mostly correct Poker, except the part about "interest from another team"...that ship sailed 3 weeks ago. Now Lazards' options are sign & play on the tender, not sign & sit out '22 (& be a RFA in '23), or wait until the deadline (week 10??) & then sign so he could become a UFA after '22.
Thanks, it sounds familiar, but I had forgotten it, if I ever knew it. :D

Knowing that, makes it even more of a head scratcher why he hasn't signed yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rico Gafford reports to have been signed to reserve/future deal with Packers after working out yesterday. Minimal experience in the league he is lightning fast.
Rico Gafford has a new number but an old position.

The Green Bay Packers have switched Gafford from receiver to cornerback and given him jersey No. 37.

At his Pro Day in 2018, he ran a 4.22 40. He played at CB in his final 2 seasons at Wyoming, so he isn't a stranger to the position.

Wondering if this is the Packers taking a guy with a lot of speed out of a pretty crowded WR room and hoping they discover that he can play CB pretty well and could be a plus to have on special teams.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rico Gafford has a new number but an old position.

The Green Bay Packers have switched Gafford from receiver to cornerback and given him jersey No. 37.

At his Pro Day in 2018, he ran a 4.22 40. He played at CB in his final 2 seasons at Wyoming, so he isn't a stranger to the position.

Wondering if this is the Packers taking a guy with a lot of speed out of a pretty crowded WR room and hoping they discover that he can play CB pretty well and could be a plus to have on special teams.
Honestly this isn’t a surprise and I’ve heard rumor he may get reps at KR as well to see if there is anything there.

Dude can straight fly

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly this isn’t a surprise and I’ve heard rumor he may get reps at KR as well to see if there is anything there.

Dude can straight fly
These are the kind of guys that if they can play their respective position ok in a pinch, but excel on special teams, you want to keep them around if you can. I can't even count how many WR's we have had playing special teams, that weren't good at it or were also very unimpressive playing WR. Janis was probably the last one that was worth keeping around.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are the kind of guys that if they can play their respective position ok in a pinch, but excel on special teams, you want to keep them around if you can. I can't even count how many WR's we have had playing special teams, that weren't good at it or were also very unimpressive playing WR. Janis was probably the last one that was worth keeping around.

Allen Lazard, better than Janis IMO on ST, but different role than Janis ever had.

Members online

Latest posts