About the games not on Sundays.....

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like waiting till Monday or Thursday for NFL football. And you guys on the east coast must really dislike the late games...Games getting over after midnight? It was great on Sunday mornings in Hawaii..by 1pm all games were over. I still don't get the games played on Thursdays, other than Thanksgiving. There is a game evry Thursday for the rest of the season except for the last week,,and all week 17 games are played on Sunday. Week 15-16 there are Saturday games witha whole **** load of gasmes being played on Xmas Eve, with the Packers/Bears game the only one on Xmas day(and that's a 820 ET game)
http://www.nfl.com/schedules

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Minor point: We do have to wait until Monday for MNF games since those are the last games played in that week. Thursday night games are the first games of that week, so there’s the least amount of waiting for them. Why Thursday night games? Because Friday nights are reserved for high school football and Saturdays for college football. Why the Saturday games late in the season? Because the college schedules are mostly over by then.

I prefer Sunday noon starts for Packers games but the more successful a team is the fewer Sunday noon games they play, so I’m happy to make that trade-off. I really don’t like the Packers playing on Thursdays, even Thanksgiving, but it’s all about TV revenue.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go to a Packers Everywhere bar so early and mid games, but barely anyone shows for late games. I hate that, especially for division games. I'd much rather watch with a group than by myself!

Yeah it sucks that they end that late, but I used to work Sunday mornings and afternoons so night games were the only ones I could catch. You win some, you lose some- unless you're the Pack, 14 straights Ws! ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This season I am working 3rd shift..So Sunday games after a 3 pm start time suck for me ( thats like midnight start time for normal people)

So I am resorting to taping them, waking up and watching..

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I agree with you!

It feels like forever you have to wait for a Monday Night game. I don't really feel it from a Thursday game, because it feels it comes faster, but I hate to come straight home from work knowing it's about to be on in a few hours.

I do enjoy the Monday night games, don't get me wrong, but it sure feels like we have to wait forever.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I prefer Sunday noon starts for Packers games but the more successful a team is the fewer Sunday noon games they play, so I’m happy to make that trade-off. I really don’t like the Packers playing on Thursdays, even Thanksgiving, but it’s all about TV revenue.

I would rather have more nationally televised games because we have a really swell team than all noon Sunday games because we suck. It also makes the games more available to Packer fans around the globe that otherwise would not get to see them.
The real down side of Sunday noon games is that I have to start drinking beer before I have lunch. Oh well.....

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel you. I have a hard enough time waiting for the Sunday night game, let alone waiting for Monday night is agonizing. Especially if it's a division game. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to watching games. As ThxJV pointed out, you have high school football on Friday, college on Saturday and NFL on Sunday. I like it like that. My family pretty much is obsessed with sports so our weekends are always structured on football. On Sunday, we usually have family dinners, lasagna, meatballs, gravy, stuffed shells, and/ or baked ziti. Sunday in the fall was all about football. We'd watch the Monday night game but many of my uncles had to get up very early in the morning for work so they couldn't watch it to the end. I'm not a big fan of the Thursday games at all. On one paw it could be like Christmas come early but then you have to wait almost a week and a half for the next game. So I am for football (NFL) on Sunday!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Monday nights work for me..I can sleep from 1130 or Noon till 8 or 830 pm and watch most of the game before work

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I work afternoons Monday through Thursday every week of my life. Monday night games are crap, but I can accept that. Thursday night games are just ridiculous! Making players play on almost no rest and ******** the working man out of watching their team play live! It's all about the extra revenue made from an extra primetime game. Greed is why there will always be games other than Sunday and I hate it. I can't afford to keep taking these days off, thank goodness this Monday is the only day of work I will have to miss for football this year. I already scheduled Thanksgiving Day off, paid, back in February. woohoo, I guess. Nobody should have to work Thanksgiving anyway..

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've learned to just enjoy the season and not be so anxious about the game. The past couple years I've noticed football season goes by WAY faster than it seems it should, especially considering how long the offseason is. I can't wait for games, but at the same time it's best to just enjoy each game one day at a time. We're undefeated, but that could be undone in any game. Enjoy being undefeated, it won't last forever (but for this whole season and postseason would be nice :))

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I would rather have more nationally televised games because we have a really swell team than all noon Sunday games because we suck. It also makes the games more available to Packer fans around the globe that otherwise would not get to see them.
The real down side of Sunday noon games is that I have to start drinking beer before I have lunch. Oh well.....

Ok... this is getting a little unnerving... hahahaha.... so, you're 22 minutes from Lambeau... um... if you end up being my sister - you sound JUST LIKE HER... zoiks and gazooks!! I'm gonna crap a screaming worm... :eek:) You living in DePere?

Frankly I despise prime time games...I don't like having to wait for my fix. The Sunday night NBC games I can live with...it's the Monday night ESPN games that make me throw up a little in mouth -- ESPN telecasts of NFL football just plain stinks and Larry/Wayne broadcasts run the delay.

...but, as "my sister" said, it does give the folks who don't benefit from geographical proximity, a chance to see the Pack play and if I have to suffer with ESPN to accomplish that benefit ... well ... I'll take a bullet for ya all. ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yepp, Sunday or Monday football nights suck because I have to get up at 2.30 a.m. and after the game there is not much time left before going to work :(
Sunday noon games are perfect for enjoying football while having dinner. ;)
If I would live in the US and would have the possibility to visit Packers games at Lamebau field regularly I'd prefer Sunday afternoon games.

Members online

Latest posts