About the Admin(s)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I thought I would be the first to introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I was born and raised in WI. I moved to Omaha, NE in 1999 and am currently a Network Administrator for a nation wide title and deed research company.

I attended my first packer game in 8th grade (1993) when I was 13. It was a Cleavland Browns game, and the Pack won! My father has season tickets to Lambeau so we generally can go to whatever home games we want, but it's tough to get to them now that I am 550 miles away from home.

I started this site Dec 3, 2004 in hopes that we could make a user friendly, any age oriented forum for our love of the Packers. I hope each visitor finds it easy to use and well supported if they have trouble.

We appreciate any publicity you can provide for the site. Please pass on the web address - www.packerforum.com - to your family, friends, co-workers and fellow cheeseheads!

The other admin on this site is my brother Brad. He is a wickedly well informed Packer fan, that knows the ins and outs of pretty much every player you can think of, college and pro. He played in high school and some in college as well. He is currently finishing his teaching and coaching degrees at the University of Wisconsin LaCrosse.

As this place takes shape it becomes too much for myself and Brad to control, we will look to our biggest contributers (of articulate knowledgable posts) to help moderate by promoting their premissions to a moderator level so they can help control the boards.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by the site, register and post you thoughts on America's Team!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank, Ryan, for creating this Forum. I also belong to the FTO boards, run by NATO.

My first actual game to watch the Packers, was at County Stadium in the late 80's with Majik Man as the QB. This year, for my 50th B-day, I went to Lambeau to see the Bears game/Home Opener.. which I thought for sure we would win.. but alas....

Walking into Lambeau to get to our seats (48yd line behind the Packers/30th row) was always something I'll never forget.. I just wish we'd had time to take the tour and walk out onto the field. Maybe next time... we had to scalp to get our seats... but I'm not complainin'.

Before the game, as you walk from the Restaurant to the Stadium, they have all those little fun things to participate in... and one elderly couple had their station wagon parked right on that corner there... with about 7 boxes of Packer Stuff... they were selling each item, no matter what it was, for one dollar each.. imagine my surprise! I picked up the Packers Chef apron and a host of other things, including some Title Towels from both 1996 SuperBowl style to the '97 game against Dallas at Green Bay - that's actually my Fav! (I surely hate those Cowboys) So,... as a result, I had quite a few items to hand out during the games when I got back....

Ya see, each week, we have a regular Squares Board that the gang fills out for prizes. Here in Indiana, it's against the law to collect money for betting on something like a Squares board, unless you do it at a place like a Horse betting parlor... So, the Establishment, which is our Headquarters, helps out by giving us Budweiser beer buckets, and name-glasses like yesterday we handed out Leinenkugel glasses (which I didn't even know they had - Doh!). we get t-shirts from Miller Lite (the Miller Girls are here constantly) all the time and from Sailor Jerry Rum, etc... trinkets from Jack Daniels & Harley Davidson, you know, nothing of any real worth - just something to make ya feel appreciated while you're there.

So, I've actually seen the Packers, for real, at least twice - wish I could find my ticket to County Stadium, tho'

Thanks again, Ryan - good job, too. :!: :p

adam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adam/Ryan Pack Trip

Hello everyone. My name is Adam. I am a long time friend of Ryan's, the admin. I don't remember how young I was when I went to my first Packer game. I know it was at County Stadium and I froze my buns off. I can tell you I've gone to many games since then including two this year. I'm hoping the 2005 season looks better for Ryan so our families can pool our season tickets together and have a few too many drinks. I highly advise any football fan to watch a game in Lambeau, and the stadium tour is well worth the wait and money. Don't forget the new Hall of Fame. I go every year at least once and can't wait to go again.

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Adam! Glad you could stop by and drop a line up on here!! Hope to see you in March/April when we bring #2 up to WI!

And I am certainly looking forward to kicking it with you for a game or two next year! It would be fun to take dad's motorhome up with our 8 tickets and yours. We could have some good times on the road. Ice down the tub for the Keg... good times...

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Ryan-You have indeed impressed me with your resume and you have succeeded in your effort to start a user friendly Packer forum. One of the posters on the Press-Gazette Packer Website put your your email address out there on packernews.com. I sent an posting to him thanking him for your web site address and said yours was best of two websites I am using, the other being the Green Bay News-Chronicle Packer Forum. I will introduce myself: I am a semi retired senior citizen. I was a Retail & wholesale Sales representative for a well known world wide Food & General Merchandise products producer for 31 years in the Green Bay Territory. I give you a hint, your mother bought the products for you and your brother. The logo on every item was the most well known baby in the world and was referred to as the Gerber Baby. I live in De Pere, Wi. just a" stone throws" from Lambeau Field. What do you mean you live too far from Green Bay to see a Packer Game. That excuse for a Packer fan not to come to a Packer game is lame. We have stories published in the Press-Gazette of Packer season ticket holders making just about every game from North Dakota and Tennessee. In my opinion, that is really a devoted Packer fan. Green Bay has Actors, big time country western singers both male & female flying into Green Bay to take in a Packer game all the time. They come anon. and view the game from the sky boxes. My daughter's mother in law worked up in the sky boxes at the elevator to control access to the skyboxes and would tell her who attended each game. You would be surprised who are big Packer fans. I sold Pop corn & Hot dogs when I was a teenager at old city stadium which was the Packers home from 1925-1956. I attended all Packer games during the Glory years including the Ice Bowl. I have great insight into what is happening at Lambeau and do have the many sources available to me. I get all the information about the Packers because I live in Green Bay area. It is Packer football 365 years a day in G.B. Plus my rather long time experience being a native Packer fan. If you need my assistance for anything, Just ask. if I don't know, I will find a source who will know. I have friendswho are in their 70's and 80's and are great resources. Once again, Thanks for the great Packers Forum

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a quick note to the masses, and especiallly our newest poster here....

For a long time - I was posting over at http://theFrozenTundra.org
They also do a lot of political talk and for the last decade or better, that's been a somewhat vitriolic section of their site - both very good and some not so...

Anyway - I still habitate that site quite often as well as this one and I also have found that www.OfficialBrettFavre.com has become a very good site in its own right. I would suggest everyone take some time to stop over there to review and say Hello directly to Brett & Deanna if you wish. About three to four times a month, Brett will actually login and answer a few postings... which is pretty neat - I don't know of any other site where a Celebrity of Brett's stature takes the time to interact like this....

I still hang out here probably more often than the others now...
Course, - these days - with the New Season ramping up - one has to STAY on top of things....
I will say this -- the FTO guys, on the Packers side of that side are extremely knowledgeable and a good resource for items and opinions, as well. One guy also writes for www.PackerChatters.com (Packernation is his handle) His name is Mark Quarderer - one very talented Packerfan/Sportswriter!

One thing's for sure - with all three of these web sites and then the PackersNews/JSonline/GBnewsChron type sites, etc., with Forum Boards as well... gooduns all - We'll never be without a resource for what 's happening at Lambeau Field.

Welcome aboard, PWT36! :mrgreen:

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trying to make it easy for any fan of the pack at any computer literacy level to use the site!

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Pleasure to be here!

I grew up in Northern Indiana and inherited my love for the Packers from my father, (he grew up in Kansas which is why the Pack IS America's team).

My first Packer game was in St Louis in 95, the first year the Rams moved there. The Rams were about as good then as they are this year, so the last half of the game became a Pack house!

I went to a Bears/Packer game in 01 with my father and my son, then a Vikings game in 04 and the three of us went to the Packers/Bears game in GB this year! (A most excellent showing)...

I started on the GBPG forums but there are way too many trolls on that site and the site is mostly unmoderated...

I'm very happy to be here to talk about the greatest football team in the world!

Members online

Latest posts