About how long until...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends, sometimes lot of those 1st rounders have talks with teams b4 hand ( like D' Ferg)

Other times could take weeks, or months..

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
usally, the team hopes and has sucessfully done, by the start of Training Camp. At least for the high picks. Of course there is exception to this rule.(see-"holdout").

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of it matters on how the "picks" are.........if they want to get it done, or think they are more valuable then they really are. The market usually shows what they should get. Then it's up to them to sign.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
ok guys i understand what a holdout is and that teams try to get the player signed before training camp but my question is when do te first players start signing...like late may? June? i'm going to try and see when last years first picks got signed.

mid June to August is when 1st round picks start to sign pending hold outs of course.

OP
OP
T

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
porky88 said:
thetombradyhater said:
ok guys i understand what a holdout is and that teams try to get the player signed before training camp but my question is when do te first players start signing...like late may? June? i'm going to try and see when last years first picks got signed.

mid June to August is when 1st round picks start to sign pending hold outs of course.

thanks you answered my question most directy how i wanted it to be answered

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A rule of thumb is that 5th round and later should be signed by June 1.
Thereafter allow one week for each round. 4th rounders signed the 1st week. 3rd rounders the second week. 2nd round late in the third week and 1st round in the last week of July.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The responses are true and due to the fact that the first signings set the market. If your pick was #20 and another guy signed anywhere from #15-25, then the market is set for your pick and a deal can get done.

Also, the #1 pick (Mario Williams) has already signed.

OP
OP
T

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
Bobby Roberts said:
The responses are true and due to the fact that the first signings set the market. If your pick was #20 and another guy signed anywhere from #15-25, then the market is set for your pick and a deal can get done.

Also, the #1 pick (Mario Williams) has already signed.

i realize i was looking for something like what cal cheese said

Members online

Latest posts