Abdul Hodge

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just wondering if they could have Hodge compete with Poppinga for the starting job, I know Hodge is a middle back, but it would be nice to have him on the field with Barnett, and Hawk, That would be one bad trio.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just wondering if they could have Hodge compete with Poppinga for the starting job, I know Hodge is a middle back, but it would be nice to have him on the field with Barnett, and Hawk, That would be one bad trio.

He's prob. a long shot to make the team.

Bad knees hurt him last season.

Bishop beat him out for a spot.

He needs to show up at TC or he'll be out of the league.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about moving him to the outside. He really needs to have a huge training camp and preseason. But, I'm pulling for him for sure. I hope he comes back with more confidence. I just can't give up on an Iowa boy. Haha!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge has talent and is a very instinctive players. However injuries are a concern and he would wear down on the strong side. I'm afraid the only position he can play is the middle.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Desmond Bishop... mostly because in that one preseason game he was trying to kill people lol But it would be nice to see him outside doin work

Reaction score

I wouldn't say long shot.

Hodge has talent, and we need him because our LB depth was very weak last season. If he can over come this injury, I think he has something to contribute to this team in terms of providing quality depth and being a core ST player.

Bishop had his ups and downs, he needs to improve too. But for most of last season Tracy White was our 4th LB. Hodge coming back full strength would boost our depth at that position greatly.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Hodge has talent, and we need him because our LB depth was very weak last season. If he can over come this injury, I think he has something to contribute to this team in terms of providing quality depth and being a core ST player.

Bishop had his ups and downs, he needs to improve too. But for most of last season Tracy White was our 4th LB. Hodge coming back full strength would boost our depth at that position greatly.

Tracy White is put in for certain packages, specifically short yardage and always on goal line sets.

Reaction score
millertime said:

Tracy White is put in for certain packages, specifically short yardage and always on goal line sets.

Hm, I did not know that.

But I was speaking in more general terms, a few games this season Bishop was inactive, and Tracey White was #4 on the depth chart. While White may have some value in spurts, I think you'll agree that the prospect of White getting extended time at either of the LB spots would be less than ideal.

Based on the depth for most of last year in terms of who was on the active roster, if someone was to get injured and miss extended time, our options would have been to go with White or with Bishop in the games White missed. That's is less than an ideal depth situation, IMO.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he was gonna be a star - Zach Thomas like when i saw vid's of him during the draft. I dont know what went wrong. I have another reason to pull for him now. I work with someone in his family. I think he will work out for us even if it's just on special teams.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:

Hm, I did not know that.

But I was speaking in more general terms, a few games this season Bishop was inactive, and Tracey White was #4 on the depth chart. While White may have some value in spurts, I think you'll agree that the prospect of White getting extended time at either of the LB spots would be less than ideal.

Based on the depth for most of last year in terms of who was on the active roster, if someone was to get injured and miss extended time, our options would have been to go with White or with Bishop in the games White missed. That's is less than an ideal depth situation, IMO.

well if you go to the official depth chart on nfl.com White was listed as both backup WLB and SLB with Bishop as the backup MLB.

Hodge could be a promising player if he gets healthy and stays healthy, but it just looks like if he dosent make it in GB then his NFL Career is over cos i doubt 90% of the teams in the league remember who is he. I hope he makes it.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I thought he was gonna be a star - Zach Thomas like when i saw vid's of him during the draft. I dont know what went wrong. I have another reason to pull for him now. I work with someone in his family. I think he will work out for us even if it's just on special teams.

What went wrong was not looking over and seeing Chad Greenway. Hodge and Greenway worked so well as a tandum, and I think he needed an adjustment period. Hopefully his knees are good to go, and hopefully he's found that bit of confidence he needs. He's got all the potential you could ask for, he just needs to go out and pummel some people like he use to.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge isn't a long shot at all.

If injuries and depth force him out of the Packers, he'll be on another team and eventually earn his way to start somewhere.

Besides, can't really think of a lot of Thompson first-day picks that didn't pan out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts